General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

North Texas Zone Show - April 12-14

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Administrator

North Texas Zone Show - April 12-14

Since I've decided to take a break from work for the near future, was wondering if this show is a go, and who may be going. I might drag my funny looking Chevelle over and pay u folks a visit on Saturday. Just warning you in advance.

https://www.oldsmobileclub.org/north...lub-zone-show/
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM
car guy

I'm going to try to have my 442 there on Saturday.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

That's not a funny looking chevelle...that's the best looking chevelle I've ever seen
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:11 PM

North Texas? Are the Good Old Boys (Yancey & Crowdis) going to be putting in an appearance for their fan club?
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by MellowYellow
North Texas? Are the Good Old Boys (Yancey & Crowdis) going to be putting in an appearance for their fan club?
This ends now! I don't give a flying fug about whatever beef some OCA members have against some other OCA members. You are not going to come on here and post your crap in every thread. This is CO. If you have OCA business deal with it out of here or in the one thread that mentions the recall.

Anyone else want to talk about the Zone Show carry on.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM

If the weather is nice, I will plan for Saturday. Not sure if I will enter for judging or not...
So no fun fests like drag racing or such? Did not see anything about it, so i assume not.
I add the dates to the thread title to hopefully gain some interest in this - I would like to meet some other members from here as well!
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MellowYellow
Classy!!!!
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Rob, it would be nice to see you again, and I've never met Richard or many of the other Olds owners around here, so if the weather is nice I might just venture up. I can only come up Saturday so I don't know if I'll enter it.

Thanks for the compliment W30.
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM

Traditionally, the Zone show has been great. No race this year, unfortunately, because of change in ownership of the track, and difficulty in getting a cooperative hotel anywhere nearby. Friendly people, nice cars.
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
NôôB

Oh i plan on being at this one, I have nose surgery on wed and hopefully will be healed up in time. Might have a bruised look upon my face though. Question is: which car do i take H/O or the Rallye?
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM

I'll be there.
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM

This may be a good show to travel to for the weekend. Not sure if I would bring a car to the to show.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM

Juju will have her '94 Aqua convertible judged, and I will be showing up with the Silver Bullet to show off her new additions..........should be a lot
of fun. Even if you're not staying for the weekend, but do want your car judged, please be sure and fill out/send in the entry form so we'll know how many judges will be needed. We tried like the dickens to have a 1/8th mile strip, but couldn't work it out. I have already checked with
Red Line Raceway (1/8 mile strip on IH30 over by Greenville, about 40 miles from downtown Dallas) for next year, and it looks positive. Now, to
find a hotel that is willing to work with us. Do appreciate your comments,
Richard!!!
Aron
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Just putting this back out there for the Texas folks as I and the rest who have responded would like to meet as many as possible.
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:44 AM

I'll be out on Saturday at minimum, I won't bring a car though because I'm just getting back in country next Sunday afternoon after being gone a month. Thirty days in a hotel is enough for at least a little while, I will be ready to sleep in my own bed. I don't have towing provisions quite yet either, and the generator on my coupe seized two days before I left to further complicate things. Regardless, looking forward to seeing the friendly familiar faces and meeting some new folks as well.. This is a low stress, fun show. Hardcore trophy collectors need not apply.
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM

I'll be there, but my 442 will still be waiting for me to finish the 5 speed install..
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by dc2x4drvr
I'll be there, but my 442 will still be waiting for me to finish the 5 speed install..
Thats 12 days.....go get busy
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Yeah Lance - you've still got 4!
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM

I thought the same thing!
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM

Hmmm, I'd have to put the driveshaft back in, and then exhaust, etc.. I hate to postpone putting the 5 speed in, guess I'll think about it..
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
car guy

Hmmm, I'd have to put the driveshaft back in, and then exhaust, etc.. I hate to postpone putting the 5 speed in, guess I'll think about it..
You are thinking the wrong way I am. I say have it together with the 5 speed in 12 days.
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM

Probably could happen, but driveshaft fab will take 2 weeks..
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
car guy

Probably could happen, but driveshaft fab will take 2 weeks..
Driveshaft King near down town. 1 day is the longest they have ever taken for me.
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM

The kit I bought from Keisler included the driveshaft, but you are right, Driveshaft King does good and fast work.
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:58 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
Juju will have her '94 Aqua convertible judged, and I will be showing up with the Silver Bullet to show off her new additions..........should be a lot
of fun. Even if you're not staying for the weekend, but do want your car judged, please be sure and fill out/send in the entry form so we'll know how many judges will be needed. We tried like the dickens to have a 1/8th mile strip, but couldn't work it out. I have already checked with
Red Line Raceway (1/8 mile strip on IH30 over by Greenville, about 40 miles from downtown Dallas) for next year, and it looks positive. Now, to
find a hotel that is willing to work with us. Do appreciate your comments,
Richard!!!
Aron

A chance to see Silver Bullet? I am definitely going, it was a pleasure meeting you last year at the Texas OCA get together and look forward to chatting some more, HOPEFULLY i can make it.
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM

The kit I bought from Keisler included the driveshaft, but you are right, Driveshaft King does good and fast work.
If Keisler provided a component compatible driveshaft, then why on earth are you having another fabricated?! Enough foreplay already, let's see this thing!
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM

Well actually, after the trans is installed they need measurements to fabricate the driveshaft..
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM

Great to see some newer guys to NTOC showing an interest in attending. Hopefully, I'll again be getting more involved in the club now that the nest is almost completely cleared.
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM

I'm a new member and plan to be there. I have a 66 442 but unfortunately it is too far aprt to make the trip this time.I look forward to meeting and learning.
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Welcome, hope to see you and everyone else there. By the way JohnCobb, post some pictures and formally introduce yourself in the Newbie forum. Please note where your from. There is also a map you can add yourself to.

Last edited by oldcutlass; April 1st, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM

I plan to attend Saturday. Should I drive the 67 convertible or the 76 442? I'll have to decide. Looks like the show isn't at the hotel out by the Nascar track anymore, correct? I'd rather drive to Waxahachie anyway.
Driveshaft King, really? That owner is the BIGGEST jerk I've ever met in the automotive industry. I helped my buddy's son buy his first car at a Dallas Can Auction when he was about to turn 16 years old. 1985 Toyota Supra. It was the best cheap car at the auction that week and it was his money. It needed the two piece driveshaft rebuilt. The owner was rude as soon as we told him what we were working on and told us it was our problem for buying a Toyota, then he cussed at us. I felt really bad for the kid hearing this. It's his first car and he's excited, then a jackass having a bad day for whatever reason, nearly makes the kid cry. I felt like a fool for taking him there. My buddy used to own Shultz Trucking that was next door to Driveshaft King on I-30. I went over and told him what happened and he said he wouldn't take anything over there because the owner was such a pain.(that's not the word he used) I've noticed that Driveshaft King isn't on I-30 anymore, I'm hoping he is out of business. We used Collin County Truck Parts on 380 in Princeton, excellent work and a 1 day turn around.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by texxas
I plan to attend Saturday. Should I drive the 67 convertible or the 76 442? I'll have to decide. .

Well you know what my choice would be, sorry I'm partial. Although I'm not a member of the OCA, I'm just bumping this up because it's a great venue for a bunch of us to get together and meet up.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Weather looks to be nice for the event and I look forward to meeting up with some of you!
I stickied this as a reminder for others.
I will not enter for judging, but will enjoy looking at all the other cars there.
I will probably be there from 1130 to 2 or so on Sat.
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Administrator

I'll have mine cleaned up to show, but it don't need to be judged.
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Weather looks to be nice for the event and I look forward to meeting up with some of you!
I stickied this as a reminder for others.
I will not enter for judging, but will enjoy looking at all the other cars there.
I will probably be there from 1130 to 2 or so on Sat.
I was just going to post this morning that the weather for all three days of the show looks to be excellent. Low in the high 50's and highs in the high 70's with zero percent chance of rain. Spread the word and let's get those Rockets out.

And, if you're worried about getting your car judged, don't be. When I started the club in the mid 80's I was always proud of the fact that we sincerely used our judged events as tools to help our members improve their cars and not as a point of contention or division. I remember that our new members always mentioned that they felt comfortable in our club because we weren't so overtly competitive or cliquish like the Mustang, Corvette, or Pontiac clubs a lot of them came from.
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:54 PM

I'll be there
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
car guy

Putting the finishing touches on the 68 442 "restoration" I hope to be there Saturday with a for sale sign finally.
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM

Putting the finishing touches on the 68 442 "restoration" I hope to be there Saturday with a for sale sign finally.
Richard, do you still want that tail light lens and vent window weatherstripping for the 68? I can bring it to the show.
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Guys, just got the following e-mail from our club - let me know if this sparks any interest in anyone coming in for the event.

To NTOC Members:

Tim Allen of Mondello will be in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area this weekend. James Crawford has been in touch with them and they have some time that theycould meet with Club Members on Friday afternoon in Waxahachie.

We won't be able to get into our rooms until after 2:00, but wemight be able to use the meeting room to talk with the Mondello team ifthere is enough interest for them to drive down on Friday. They arebooked for racing events on Saturday so it is probably Friday afternoon or notat all.

Pleaserespond as quickly as possible to this email so we know if there is anyinterest and if there is, how much. Call and leave a message at 214709-5884 (James Crawford) or answer to Oldsman68@hotmail.com.

A good opportunity to talk horsepower with guys who know Oldsmobile performance
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM

In case anyone is interested, I still have the rear doors for a 70-72 Vista in my shed, and could bring them out to the show on Saturday. They can be had for a reasonable charitable contribution to the RE Olds Museum. Pics can be seen at my previous post for Vista doors for sale.

Quick Reply: North Texas Zone Show - April 12-14