Windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2006, 08:42 AM

Windshield wipers

Hey all, I am yet another new guy. I have a 69 supreme and starting my restoration project. I am having a problem with my windshield wipers. They don't work. I turn them on and I get nothing. What could be the problem? I don't have electrical experience so I am lost here. Also I have looked online for a Chilton's or Haynes do-it-yourself manual and no luck. Do you have any sites to find one? Please help me out.
Old November 21st, 2006, 01:42 PM

I found the manuals at an auto parts store. The wipers I don't know anything about. Mine get tangled in the middle of the windsheild when on. Did you check your fuse? Maybe the motor is bad. Check with a volt meter. Good luck.
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:24 PM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Nohn,

Welcome. I love the looks of the 69...but a 71 is what I found, so I love it, too!

Fuse? Check the plug on the motor?

If you are restoring, I suggest you get a Chassis Shop Manual, Fisher Body Manual, and Assembly Manual. You can find them on ebay all the time. The CSM will have your wiring diagrams.

I was going to suggest you join the Oldsmobile Club of America, but I read on another post that you are in Italy!

I spent a lot of wonderful time in Aviano when I was in the U.S. Air Force. Italy is a beautiful country and Italians are some of the most friendly I have
ever met anywhere.

I know another Italian Olds guy on another board. PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to him.

C.J.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:49 AM

Thanks for the info. I checked the fuse and the plug on the motor. Still no luck. I think I will have to replace the motor. Yes the people here are great. I am looking forward to visiting as much of Italy as I can. I also got the books on ebay thanks. I don't know what you mean by PM you my email address.
Old November 30th, 2006, 02:35 AM

PM is Private Message you can send to people on this board.

If you replace the motor, make sure all the bolts are tight and in, and the plug is tight. The wipre motor puts outa lot of torque and if the bolts aren't in right, you'll rip apart the motor or start blowing fuses, like I did