Wiring help needed on 1966 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2015, 10:02 AM

Wiring help needed on 1966 Cutlass

Ok, I had a working fuel gage. I removed the circuit board because most of the pins were loose and I replaced them as per another post on here using little bolts and everything works (including clock) except the gas gauge.
I can't seem to do anything to energize it. So my question is two parts. Any ideas for me to try? Second, can I possibly wire straight from the fuel tank to the gauge and by-pass the circuit board. I really really don't want to have to pull that board out again. thanks, Tom
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Eggers
Ok, I had a working fuel gage. I removed the circuit board because most of the pins were loose and I replaced them as per another post on here using little bolts and everything works (including clock) except the gas gauge.
I can't seem to do anything to energize it. So my question is two parts. Any ideas for me to try? Second, can I possibly wire straight from the fuel tank to the gauge and by-pass the circuit board. I really really don't want to have to pull that board out again. thanks, Tom
Did you solder the pins to the circuit board? If not, that is most likely the culprit. Yes, you can wire directly to the gauge if you choose to.
Old March 13th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Administrator

To troubleshoot ensure your getting the 12v on 1 side of the gauge and your reading the sender on the other. I would think the gauge can be wired direct also.