Delmont 67 wiring harnesses

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2013, 05:26 AM

Delmont 67 wiring harnesses

Hi, can anyone tell me where i can buy new wiringharness to my Delmont 88 1967?
Thanks Kent
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:26 AM

You can't. No one makes this sort of thing for the full-size cars and probably haven't for 40 years. Your only hope is to find a junkyard car and take the one it has.
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Can yours be repaired? What problem are you having?
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Registered Luser

There are companies such as Painless and Francis that will make you a brand new one.....you need to send them your original so they can duplicate. Not cheap.....
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ent72olds
you need to send them your original so they can duplicate.
I'm kind of wondering, though. It would seem to me that most people who need a new wiring harness need a new one because they don't have an old one, or because the old one is so damaged or hacked up that it can't be repaired, in which case I wouldn't expect it to be terribly useful as a pattern for a new one.
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Old(s) Fart

It's really not very difficult to replace wires, terminals, or even connectors in an existing harness, or to make a whole new harness yourself. I'm constantly surprised that people who routinely build engines, do trans swaps, and think nothing of disk brake conversions will run screaming like little girls when there are wiring issues. It's 12 volt DC wiring, not 50,000 volts. This isn't that difficult.

Now, you may decide that you don't care to do wiring. Fine, that's your call. Personally I enjoy it and have built up several harnesses for various cars. I had to replace a significant portion of the underhood harness on my first 62 wagon as it had been melted. Between the old harness and the CSM, it was not very difficult. I buy spools of various color and gauge automotive wire at Carlisle. Packard 56 terminals and connector bodies are available from a multitude of sources on the web, as well as from the various hot rod wiring vendors. Just do it.
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
It's really not very difficult to replace wires, terminals, or even connectors in an existing harness, or to make a whole new harness yourself. I'm constantly surprised that people who routinely build engines, do trans swaps, and think nothing of disk brake conversions will run screaming like little girls when there are wiring issues. It's 12 volt DC wiring, not 50,000 volts. This isn't that difficult.

Just do it.
+1.

I'm constantly amazed by the amount of money people spend on replacing things that don't need to be replaced.

- Eric
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM

I built my own harness for my 69 using a fuse box from a later model Chevy truck. I have the modern ATO style fuses and much more fuse box room. I have a salvage yard that will allow me to pick over cars they are getting ready to crush. I got a huge assortment of misc GM underhood and underdash wiring harness, connectors clips, and the fuse box for $25. I also ordered a supply of Packard 56 terminals and a assortment of Delphi Metri Pac terminals. Toss in a couple spools of wire and misc other crap and I have about $100 in the whole project.

I really thought about a Painless kit, but it would have been a basic harness with ATO fuse box. I have nitrous, line loc, soon to be installed transbrake, aftermarket gages, and alot of other accessories. The Painless kit wouldn't have had provision for that stuff which means I would have had a bunch of other stuff plugged or hacked into the Painless kit. Building my own allowed me to include all the extra harnesses into one main harness using GM wiring colors (hence the need for the large assortment of wiring harnesses from the salvage yard) and factory looking clips and connectors to install it. It was time consuming but well worth it from a financial point of view.
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:04 AM

Thank you for that juanty 75
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:43 AM

HI, it has been a shortcut