question

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM

question

i have a 88' delta 88 royal, it has the 3.8l, 4 door, 4 speed overdrive in it.

right now im in the process of lookin for a different car, but i was thinking of once i get another, ripping thie 88 apart and building it for the race track.
so my question is what is a good engine that would fint into the royal with not a whole lot of modifications. i heard they came wit a 5.0 but im not sure.

any help woul.d be awsome on this. Thanx in advance..

ps.
it runs 18.6 right now.. haha..
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM

are you serious? if your asking thatquestion, you probably dont know enough to do that project. they came with 305(5.0)350(5.7). therefore, any smallblock chevy will fit. also, any bigblock will fit also. its all up to you. everything will fit. assuming you are refering to therealwheel drive full size version of the car and not the frontwheel drive junker.
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by rfaller
are you serious? ........
Yes. Are you?

........ if your asking thatquestion, you probably dont know enough to do that project ........
And he/she will never know, without honest answers to honest questions.

........ they came with 305(5.0)350(5.7) ........
I don't know anything about 5.0 and 5.7, but '88 Olds rear drives came with 307 Olds engines.

There are several of those 307 Olds (and 305 Chevs) running 10 second ¼ mile times in NHRA Superstock and Sportsman classes.

........ and not the frontwheel drive junker.
So, are we to assume your own POS junker is a rear drive?

Norm
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by justone
i have a 88' delta 88 royal, it has the 3.8l, 4 door, 4 speed overdrive in it.

right now im in the process of lookin for a different car, but i was thinking of once i get another, ripping thie 88 apart and building it for the race track.
so my question is what is a good engine that would fint into the royal with not a whole lot of modifications. i heard they came wit a 5.0 but im not sure.

any help woul.d be awsome on this. Thanx in advance..

ps.
it runs 18.6 right now.. haha..
An 88 D88 is FWD and transverse engine. The last RWD D88 was built in 1985. The Custom Cruiser was built on the same platform with the 307 through 1990 and into the early 90s with the whale body styling and an SBC. Before you start building a race car, you'd better figure out which end drives the car.