Package Tray For A 67 Delta 88 2d Ht

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2008, 06:19 AM
EKi

Package Tray For A 67 Delta 88 2d Ht

The package tray in my 67 delta 88 is warped and needs to be replaced. I'm having a tough time finding one. I've found one at http://www.amesperf.com. It's the mesh type tray for a full-size Pontiac. Will this fit an oldsmobile?

If anyone has a better place to buy one, please share.

Thank you, Erik
Old February 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
EKi

Let me bump this thread back to the top.....

Ok, I've been looking to buy a pre-made mesh package tray, they are pretty hard to find. Anyway the one at amesperf comes with a jute pad and costs $49 + $24 for shipping.

What I'm wondering now is could I have one made at an upholstery shop for less than $73? Anyone have experiences they'd like to share?
Old February 3rd, 2009, 04:24 AM

I am having an interior shop do my package tray, seats, and doors. The package tray is $40.00 labor + materials. It is about $20-$30 / yard for material and the guy that is doing my interior says the package tray takes about 2.5 yards of material to do.

Ultimately, if you can find an interior shop to do it for you it woud probably be better quality and might not cost much more. However, I have never seen the product you mentioned above. Before I took my car to the interior shop I was planing to do the package tray myself for around $30. All you need is fiber board and carpet from the hardware store.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:22 AM
Oldsdruid

The B-body Pontiac package tray will fit the B-body Olds with little to no modification.

This is where knowing the different GM body types comes in handy. As a general rule, if a part like this fits one carline's body type, it will fit them all within that body type.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:37 AM
EKi

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I might go with the pre-made one.

Do either of you (or anyone) have experience on the "hidden holes" for speakers, do they muffle the sound much?

Also if anyone has a cheaper source, don't be shy.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Oldsdruid

The new tray might come with the underside padding covering the speaker holes, but the mesh tray will have them. Sometimes the padding will be pre-cut to remove it from over the speaker holes; sometimes you'll have to locate the holes and cut it away yourself.

I've found that trimming a little of the padding away from the sides and rear edge makes for an easier install. You may have to do minor trimming of the mesh panel itself; I've found they're usually cut slightly large. Use a good trim cement to secure its front edge vinyl trim to the body panel behind the rear seat. No cement anywhere else.

You will have to remove the rear seat, armrests and filler panels, and sail panel bottom edge trim.