HELP With my A/C!!

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM

HELP With my A/C!!

I have searched everywhere for parts for my car, 1963 oldsmobile dynamic 88 4 door hardtop, 394 engine.
I still need a new windshield,windshield wiper motor,radiator brackets,emblem, and exterior chrome (on the side of the car)

I need to find out what parts this car needs for the a/c and heat to work with winter coming up i need this done so i don't freeze while driving.

If anyone else has any specs for my car it would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 17th, 2007, 03:49 PM

You need to check out Fuisck and Kanter. They have all sorts of parts for your vehicle. I am currently going through the air plenum in my 64 98 and it is a PITA! If you check out the following websites you could buy a set of shop manuals that should have a vacuum diagram and description of the way your air doors work to plumb heat to the defrost or cold air to the vents if you have AC. Don't forget, an AC air plenum and a non AC air plenum are two different animals. If your car didn't come with AC then you will have to find an AC car to salvage the air plenum and blower motor out of. Give more details and we will help. If you have AC and it just doesn't blow cold chances are you just lost your refrigerant. You could always do a recharge but it won't cool as well with R134a.

http://www.fusick.com/
http://www.kanter.com/
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Well i have checked for over 32 hours altogether on my car parts, found my pvc pipe and valve for it.

My car has A/C its just I don't know if he rebuilt the engine and it got lost or w.e

It has the hose to the vent that the heat/ac come out of (the circle that can be adjusted)

I am currently looking for a shop/how we can mend/repair the seats, the seat has a little tear, just the fabric, not the foam. That and i need to get the Door panels redone, and new carpet.

I'am currently looking for a spot to store my vehicle, so we can paint it before winter, I'd love to paint it either a metallic blue, not real gleamy, just to give it a little of a sparkle.

If not that, id love to either restore it to the original paint that it was colored, Provincial White, or Holiday Red.

I like that those places have my parts, but id rather not give an arm or a leg to buy it.

Oldsmobile 41-94 $189.00 For Carpet

Last edited by Old 88 Dynamic; September 18th, 2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Adding Info