324 part numbers/interchangability.

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2008, 01:32 AM

324 part numbers/interchangability.

I did post this in the small block section but got no responses, so thought I would try here instead.

I have a 324 that I would like to know some part numbers for. See I'm in Australia and we dont always get the same manufacturer of simple things like plugs and points etc. so am looking for part numbers to cross reference.

chasing numbers for all the standard up-keep parts like.

radiator hoses ( ? gates number)
points ( ? echlin or bosch)
plugs
distributor cap ( again bosch or echlin)
fan belts
power steer belt.
rotor

if anyone can help that would be appreciated. As this motor was never available here, so not listed at the local parts store, but if i have a part number I may be able to find something local that used the same part.

thanks in advance.

edit.

I have found a bit from digging, Gates has a good section on their website that lists part numbers for radiator hoses , fan belts etc.

www.gates.com

I have also through looking on ebay found that supposedly SBC rotor,cap and points will fit for their 55-59 motor. As I have no idea on SBC stuff can anyone verify this? As this would make that part of finding parts here easier.

thanks.
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM

Hey!

I have an owners manual, I don't know if it has part numbers but I can check. Also, I have never looked at one of those parts interchange manuals they sell on Evil Bay but they may have some part numbers in there too. Someone else may have some experience with those. I will say one thing I have found it difficult to get good info on these 324's there just isn't much out there. Even here in the U.S.
Old November 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

You can go to Rock Auto, an online parts store, and find your model and year. They should have all those parts and if you find the part then click on the part number it cross references what other makes and models it fits, hope that helps.

http://www.rockauto.com/

Allan

Last edited by Bluevista; November 17th, 2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM

John,

I have a hollander coming with the car, so will be better informed then, but trying to get all this stuff before so I'm not wasting time racing around only to be told it has to be ordered and will take a week.

Alan, thanks for that, got alot of information from there, not sure if any of it translates to local stuff, but will try.