What is this car worth????

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM

What is this car worth????

Hello, I'm new here and was needing to know what this car is.. 1966 olds cutlass, 330 v8, 3 speed manual on the column, 2 door, " vinyl" buckets, no console. all original and one big dent in trunk. no rust but the bottom seal of the back glass looks to be rusted away and fixed with fiberglass.

The person that owned it died and his son is selling it and I dont know what it's worth. He said it was very rare because of the 3 on the tree. anyone know??
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Past Administrator

Well, according to my references, the 3 speed manual was the standard transmission in all except the toro and 98 series. From there, you could upgrade to 3 speed on the floor, or automatic, so I think the owner is mistaken about the rarity of the car based on that. The vinyl bucket seats were not standard but an upgrade so that is a plus. A big negative is the damage on the back rear trunk panel under the window. The price is probably going to be between 3500 and 5900 with a very low of 400 and high of 8500. These are based on my reference which is about ten years old now.
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:49 PM

thanks for the help

I think it could be bought for about 800.00. It has sentimental value to him and he wants it to go to someone that will fix it up. The motor runs. ( I have heard it and it ran really good.) the trans needs a clutch and the brakes aren't working. It is in Vincennes, Indiana. If you know anyone looking, let me know.

thanks, Tom Riker
Old July 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM

Aside from mine having a bench in front, that car is just like mine. It was garage kept since it was new, 43k miles, and never driven in snow. I paid 8500 for it and it came with some extra stuff: a power brakes kit, power steering kit, extra set of wheels, custom made cover and service manual, assembly manual, etc.

Oldsguy is correct, the 3 speed column shift is standard.