Front End Help

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2007, 07:34 AM

Front End Help

I recently bought a '72 Cutlass. The car does not have the front end, but the owner gave me all the parts that it was missing to finsih it off except the bumper. However, he did not have the bolts for any of the parts. Where can I get a hold of the bolts for the Grille, Lights, Bumper, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Past Administrator

First, welcome to our site and congrats on the acquisition.
Second, I am not aware of a place where you can buy this hardware specifically, you might try Kanter or Fusick. I don't remember if either of those outfits do but it might be worth a try.
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM

For the grill and lights I would go to the hardware store and find nuts and bolts that are stainless steel or plated. A good hardware store should have everything you need and it will look good once you are done if you invest in some good hardware. The only problem is that it will take forever to match everything.

I am not sure what you could do for the bumper if you need the bolts that actually go through the bumper. I guess you could get some bolts with the square shoulder and no head that would fit into the holes properly. The only problem would be getting them in the right size and having them chrome plated. Hmmm... Don't forget that if you put two different metals together they will eventually cause rust.
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

You can get the bumper bolts here.

http://stores.ebay.com/BUMPER-BOLTS-R-US
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM

AMK Products Inc. is great for this type of problem. They have a 450 page catalogue of just hardware. You should be able to buy a hardware kit or partial kit for the front end. These kits cost more than what you'll find at the hardware store but everything will come bagged and tagged. They speak chevelle, camaro, monti, Nova but most hardware is the same. This is a huge benefit if someone else took everything apart and you don't know the correct sizes/thread counts for each application. Year One and Original Parts Group are also possibilities to get more specific (cutlass) packages.