Death or stil alive

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2009, 04:34 AM

Death or stil alive

Don't know if this is the right place to put my question, but I'm wondering if the Cutlass wich I sold in Bakerfield (1979) during a short vacation is stil driving around.

oldsmobile.jpg

oldsmobile1.jpg

Regards Herman
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Past Administrator

Wow, that car was sitting high in the saddle.
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Trying to remember member

Okay, forum administration, I again suggest we have a whole heading for "lost and found".
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:00 AM

Yes drove it around for 3 weeks and had to put air in the rear shocks every morning cause they where leaking. Otherwise the rear tires hit the fenders.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:36 AM

That looks like it was quite a car. That was so many years ago it would be hard to tell if it were still around.

I think Kurt has a great idea though. We should start a forum for Lost and Found... the only problem is how would we moderate it or set it up so that everyone's car gets equal coverage and responses. It would be a bummer if someone posted a picture of their car on the first page of a thread and it wasn't seen by someone with information on it that only looks at the third page. Know what I mean...
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Registered

Wow!

I bet you got great gas mileage with the car going downhill all the time.

That second pic concerns me and makes me wonder how you drove for three weeks like that without something happening?
I don't know about where you live but we we drive on the right side of the road here.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Wow!

I bet you got great gas mileage with the car going downhill all the time.

That second pic concerns me and makes me wonder how you drove for three weeks like that without something happening?
I don't know about where you live but we we drive on the right side of the road here.
Gas mileage was not the problem. We bought the car in Los Angeles and the same day the oil line from the oilpressure gauge did burst. 2 day's after that de manual gearbox broke (repaird by the neighbour from the seller). On the way to Mexico in El Centro waterpump had to be repaired. From Mexico on our way to Grand Canyon the steering had sudenly a lot of play (the part that keeps the upper and lower rod from the steering collum together was rotten). Futher durin our "vacation" I did change a link from the rear axle and even changed 1 axle shaft.

The picture was taken on a parking lot and ofcourse we drove on the right site of the road otherwise my repair list should be much longer

P.S. sorry about my pour English