1984 Olds Cutlass Supreme Door locks

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2007, 11:08 PM

1984 Olds Cutlass Supreme Door locks

I have a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme it has power door locks and windows. The power windows work but the door locks do not. When I try to use them it does absolutely nothing no clicks or any other sound. I was told that it might be the actuators, neither switch works on either side. I checked the fuse and it is good. Any help would be appreciated.
Old March 30th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Jim's rare 80

door locks.

Hi. Here's a few simple checks. First, for future reference, door lock and dome lights are on same fuse. The odds of both actuators going at the same time is pretty slim. Use a circuit tester (basic light bulb type is fine)to confirm you have power to the drivers side switch itself. Should be an Orange wire. You can carefully pry the switch from the door panel, but removing the panel will be best. If you have power there, you will have to check power to the relay, which is under the dash, passenger side between glove box and door jam. It will also have an orange wire.. If there is power there, test relay by checking for power coming out. Activte passenger door switch, check grey wire for lock power, Tan for unlock. If no power coming out, replace that relay, if no power to orange wire at relay, go back to the fuse panel and test the large 30 amp acc. circuit breaker. There are two power supplies. 15 amp going to sitches, 30 amp going to relay. I say odds are it,s the relay. Also, colour codes mentioned are based on my 80. Hope this helps. If not, let us know. Best of luck, Jim.