The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Always room for one more

Thanks, Ken. It's 4am and the storms on the south side of Atlanta are trying to die down. Most of the bad weather went to the north and northeast. I have the good fortune of getting home from work ridiculously early, which is a good thing.

My dogs have gone nuts with all the storms. They've scratched the door frame around the front door and torn off some of the trim. When it thunders and I'm not home, they try to get out the front door. If the deadbolt isn't on they can succeed. They've also climbed on top of the vanity in the bathroom, climbed on top of the wash machine and got in behind the dryer and screwed up all the hoses. They used to get put in a big dog jail I made(out of wood) until they destroyed it. I guess I'll have to weld metal together for their next place, because they can't stay loose in the house anymore if I'm not home.

The news was on at work all night and the weather looked horrible. My heart goes out to those who really got walloped.

Jamesbo let us know you're okay as soon as you can. Your lake house hasn't been having good luck as of late. I'm sending you a PM.

I'm going to bed now, and maybe the dogs will let me sleep a little if it doesn't lightning any more. I'll check back later on.

Mike
Old March 3rd, 2012, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in all

Boy it's wet but de bad stuff missed us.

We need to have a roll call dis mawn'in.

De garden looks like a lake, musta gotten 2" or more.

Thanks Mike for your thoughts and kind offers but we're OK up ere.

Have you heard 'bout sum kinda dog coat dat calms dogs during storms? I think their fur tells dem sum ain't right and dis coat helps. Can't remember where I heared 'boout it.

Hope everbody is OK out dare.

Let's ere from everyone
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

It's sunny out, and 4C (39F). But boy is it windy. Winds around 30mph, wind gusts around 50mph and we have warnings of wind gusts above 60mph.

Sandy, the job is working on a website. Coding HTML and some formatting.

Scot, keep up the search and good luck. I'm doing the same thing.

Good to hear the storm wasn't too bad on you guys in Georgia.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by car_designer; March 3rd, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:53 AM

The loss of property and at the latest count 29 people is terrible. And some of the people just finished rebuilding from last years storms. Thank god that early warning worked better this time or the loss of life could have be much greater.

How discouraging is must feel to have to rebuild yet again.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Always room for one more

Thanks everyone for keeping up with us, and I'm glad you're okay Jamesbo. I wonder why we're so lucky to have all these bad storms all of a sudden. Scot did you get any of this down your way?

Right now the sun is out but it's in the 50s. My dogs settled down as soon as I got home and we slept until noon. I feel better now than I have all week. That tonsilitis really gets to me.

Sandy why don't you peruse craigslist for a desk. Around here people are giving away desks all the time. The ones for sale are cheep, too. If you get your own desk I'll bet the fella's would spring for a nice chair for you.

Week three is past and no word on the Rolls. I'm wondering, Adrian, if you don't have something there. They are across the street from the country club....

Oh I almost forgot. What does anyone do about outside storage for inside stuff? My office is full to the brim with just basic crap, papers, boxes of stuff, nick nacky stuff. I haven't seen most of it for years but obviously it is essential to my being. I want to get a small trailer to put it all in, so I can start working on the room, and then go through it all little by little. Anyone do anything like this and not have their stuff ruined?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Mike

Last edited by slantflat; March 3rd, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM

Morning all, more rain lately so still haven't got any work done outside

It doesn't help that at the moment I am doing 2 days ot a week, so I finish up my last night shift get home sleep that day and it rains the next Back to work the day after that. I might get it done before Jamesbo gets the roof done

I just bought myself a new office chair for home Sandy as my last one was crap. Only cost me $60 so not too bad

It is a real shame about all that bad weather over their and the loss of life too. Take care everyone.

Good to hear you got a job Paul, even if only for a month.

I have to drop the gas tank in the Olds soon as the gauge stopped working Lets hope it is an easy fix

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by car_designer
Scot, keep up the search and good luck. I'm doing the same thing.

Good to hear the storm wasn't too bad on you guys in Georgia.
Thanks Paul and best of luck to you on your search as well. We just got a quick storm or two with wind and rain showers here and there.

Originally Posted by slantflat
Thanks everyone for keeping up with us, and I'm glad you're okay Jamesbo.
X2

Scot did you get any of this down your way?
Not too bad Mike. Thankfully most of the time the "squall line" will split before it reaches my neck of the woods due to the Flint river valley about 25 miles west of us and the brunt of it will go North and South of us. But if the storm is growing stronger then were in for a ride because the valley won't slow it a bit

Originally Posted by Ausraven

I have to drop the gas tank in the Olds soon as the gauge stopped working Lets hope it is an easy fix

Adrian
Best thing is to invest in two new straps, put a floor jack under it and cut the old straps after you unhook fuel lines and filler tube. That way you have new straps and is way easier and faster to getter done

I hope all is safe Where's Sandy and Blue?
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'm here!!! Evenin All! Page 97, I see!

Well we too survived the storms last evening and the high winds!! Lord that wind was scary! Storm went south of us, Cincinnati way. Heard they got some damage. I feel so bad for all the folks that have been hit by these storms. So early in the season yet. Happy to hear none of you got any damage! I was worrying!!

I went up to Linda's today and took her shopping. The winds were still fierce today. 50 mph gusts. Had some flurries around. I thought once, Tincanio was gonna get blown right into the concrete divider - a gust hit us real hard! Scared me, lol!!

I stopped at the license bureau in Streetsboro on my way to Ravenna so I could get my new stickers, and they were closed. Had some kind of sign on the door about being closed today, but I didn't get out to read the fine print. I thought - well, I'll go to the one in Ravenna. Damned if they weren't closed too!! Same sign on the door. Don't know if they were all closed today or just Portage County or what! So the only night they're open until 6:30 is Monday, so I guess I'll be going after work on Monday. But I will call first and make sure they're open! My tags are registered on Larry's birthday, which is the 8th, so I have to get them by then.

I didn't get home until 6:00, so I didn't get anything done today around here. I took a bath and said hell with it! Sat down and watched TV. So I reckon I'll be cleaning tomorrow.

Well you all have a nice evening and stay safe! Where's Clint????? Blue... You alive over there??
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM

Mawn'in all

Sunny cool and breezy ere.

Adrain, I gots a grey headed flying fox on dis months Aussie Calander. Man, Dats one wierd look'in dude.

Sandy,

Don't cha jes luv de govment. Dares one lady I use at de tag office. If she ain't thar, I turn 'round and walk out.

Scot,
Glad you're Ok, When things got ugly, I seen anutter line of squalls com'in up your way from SW Gawga and was a bit concerned.

Jonquils, Forsythia, and "Developer weeds' [Bartlett pears] bloom'in early dis year. Spring has sprung I recon.

Wish I had sum brocolli plants and sum cabbage plants, It be de perfect time to set dem out while it's still cool.

Enjoy de rest of your weekend Olds friends.
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a cold snowy morning here. Really snowing here right now. Kind of a white out. Ground is covered again and it's still coming down. Supposed to have these snow storms all day. Temps around 30. That's why I wanted to take Lin shopping yesterday. I figured it would get bad out today, and I don't want to be out in it. Gonna be cold tomorrow too.

I'm looking online, trying to figure out all our voting issues for Tuesday here in our county - Lord, there are a ton of them! Judges of this court and that court and a bunch of other stuff. I HATE politics!!!!!!! Guess I just have to vote for whichever one I think is lying to me the least, lol.

Reckon I better go get dressed and get started doing something. Day is wasting!

Have a good day all!
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM

Wind was something fierce coming off of Lake Erie yesterday. One lake boat broke free from it's mooring and the back end was pushed across the canal to hit another boat on the other side. No one on board at the time as the boats are tied down for the winter. In Port Colborne at the Welland Canal. Sunny and a lot calmer today.
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:04 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

Another sunny day here, but cold. It is -10C (13F) and feels like -18C (0F) with the wind. I'm starting to think the groundhog was wrong

Doc350s, welcome to the Good Morning Thread. By Lake Boat, do you meaning the big cargo ships that travel the great lakes?
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sunny and windy here. I see it will be another day of chasing the cover on my neighbor's pontoon boat. At least the water that has pooled in the middle of it will keep it from blowing away.

Today is my anniversary at work. 18 years. Seems like an eternity. Been some ups and downs, but all in all not a bad ride. In two years, I'll have about what I have now, plus a little pin with a plastic stone in the middle.

Just got back from the Awful house and now got plenty to do. Housecleaning, work on cars, and I feel inspired to clean in the garage a little. I really need to clean out my office.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All!

Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound Blustery and cooler today with temps near 60 but 35 mph gusts Were under a wind advisory so I guess now that I'm home from werk, I'll jest stay put

We have two tag offices in our county so I go to the Perry one and I usually am in and out in 5 mins. But if I go to Warner Robins then I'm waiting at least 30 mins before my number is called "Now serving number 9,265"

Welcome to the Good Mawnin thread Doc350s

Yall have a great day

Scot
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
The loss of property and at the latest count 29 people is terrible. And some of the people just finished rebuilding from last years storms. Thank god that early warning worked better this time or the loss of life could have be much greater.

How discouraging is must feel to have to rebuild yet again.

That early warning system must be pretty good. I heard it and I'm about 3000 away. I'm glad to hear that our CO family is safe. Mike, when my dog (Golden Retriever) hears thunder, he tries to get into the smallest places. We keep him close and pet him, but you can feel him shaking.

It's been pretty mild here. No snow since November and then we set a record last week for the most snow in a single day...about 12 inches. Good thing it ws on a Saturday. Shovelled for a few hours and now it's all melting again. Crazy winter, but I'll take it. The best part? Since winter was so mild, I can bitch this summer when it gets too hot.

Attachment 177750

Last edited by 442much; March 4th, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Hi all

cool and dry here. Not much on the weather radar. Compared to other parts of the country we're doing well. gonna cook up some ribs and baked beans for dinner today then just kick back and have a couple of beers. My kinda Sunday

Have a great Sunday
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili an clear dis mawn'in. Spose to hit the low 50's dis afternoon.

Pat,

Tigger almost looked like his ole self yesterday. Glad he didn't win though. How come de call it a "cut shot" when he hits it and de call it a "slice" when I hit it?

Welp, It's Monday

I'm tak'in my perot out to de course today jes in case it ain't dried out so good.

Y'all have a wonderful Monday
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Monday to ya! It's sunny and cold this morning. 25 degrees. Supposed to have some snow this morning, but none so far.....

It's 76 friggin degrees in here - sandals on, sleeves rolled up. Fan on !! Too hot!!!!

I'm going to go to the license bureau at noon and see if I can get my sticker. Gonna call in a few minutes and make sure they're open!!

You all have a great day!
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;379032]
Pat,

Tigger almost looked like his ole self yesterday. Glad he didn't win though. How come de call it a "cut shot" when he hits it and de call it a "slice" when I hit it?

Yeah the cut/Hook or slice/draw look the same to me except I can't control either seems the pro's can. Hope you do well today. To wet to play here. So many good young players Tiger will have to work hard just to catch up.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

It's a bright, bright sun shiny day But still a bit blustery. Temps to climb to the low to mid 60's.

Pat those ribs and beans sounds good, I think I'll take some of those St. Louie style out of the freezer to grill tomorrow. Yummy

Congrats on your accomplishments at work Mike, that's awesome.

Yall have a grand cinco de marcho

Scot
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Hi all...

Hope everybody is ok and the storms have settled down.
I saw the pictures in the News last Days..
Incredible....

Here in Germany the spring comes slow and wet.
Rain but somewhat warm... 11°C

Pleasant Week all...

Udo
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Always room for one more

As Pooh would say, Happy Windsday. I think our blustery day will turn into a blustery night.

I just got back from checking on the Rolls. They still don't know anything. It peeves me a little to think this is the start of week four and they haven't gotten anywhere, but their punishment for that is they are the ones pushing around a 5900 pound car repeatedly.

So I found some trivia relating to the NEW goodmorning thread. This is my 81st post here, making the thread total 3861. Jamesbo is the top poster with 784, followed by Sandy with 777. There are 37 people who have posted in the single digits and 17 have only posted once.

Got some stuff to do outside between wind gusts. At least the sun is out. Might even crank up the wood stove after while.

Everyone have a great day!

Mike
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM

So I found some trivia relating to the NEW goodmorning thread. This is my 81st post here, making the thread total 3861. Jamesbo is the top poster with 784, followed by Sandy with 777. There are 37 people who have posted in the single digits and 17 have only posted once.

Mike

you have WAY too much time on your hands.. and I am more than single digit posts by now..
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by crzyjef
you have WAY too much time on your hands.. and I am more than single digit posts by now..
Nah, this is what I do when I don't sleep at night. After working midnight shift for so many years it isn't always easy to just go to sleep at a normal time.

And congratulations, Jeff, that's good morning post #23 for you. Oooh, and 82 for me!

Mike
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow!!

Now that is... well Wow!! Mike
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny! Well I made it out to the BMV in the Boro at lunch time. I was #28 - they were on #16 when I got there. Had time to grab a burger at Burger King and wolf it down on my way back to work. Back here at 1:10.... better late than never I guess! Still cold out there and snow showers.
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I love this car!! Definitely one of my all time faves. I wonder how much this baby will fetch in May @ Mecum in

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...76&lottype=Car
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Top Poster huh?

Well, Nothing difficult is ever easy.
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Will you be our "Poster Child" for The *New* Good Morning thread Jamesbo??
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman

Jamsbo's got my vote for poster child
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

First day of work. It was another cold day. But I did get to ride on the top floor of a double decker bus on the way to work this morning. It was fun until branches started hitting the top windshield

"It is a close race between Jamesbo and cutlassgal for the lead in the NGMT post count. Can he keep the lead or will a slow day at work allow cutlassgal to take over? This race is just starting to get exciting with car show season soon approaching"

Mike, congratulations on 18 years and thanks for the updates on the New Good Morning Thread (NGMT) standings.

Scot, I like that car too.

Have a great week.
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili an clear today spose to warm up a little dis afternoon

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Why sure.

Kinda reminds me of de perfect mawn'in. Ya wake up an sit down at de breakfast table and your son''s pitcher is on the box of Wheaties and your ex wife's is on de milk carton.

Pat, My game is go'in down hill like a Bob sled. I hate it when it's cart path only. Musta walked 10 miles yesterday.

Scot, Don't ax me why, maybe it's de rear bumpers, But W-31's don't crank my tractor. Now a W-30 drop top, Dat's a differnt matter. I'd rather have one of dem dan an H/O.

Car designer, Sandy will never catch me cause she spend too much time walk'in round de block dur'in werk and clean'in house when she's at home.

Mike, Why don't cha jes part out de Rolls an retire.

Olds friends, Have a GREAT day.

GTG werk on de roof,
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another crisp cold morning here, supposed to have sun peeking through and get up around 50 today!

You guys are funny this morning, lol!

....."It is a close race between Jamesbo and cutlassgal for the lead in the NGMT post count. Can he keep the lead or will a slow day at work allow cutlassgal to take over? This race is just starting to get exciting with car show season soon approaching"

Now that's funny!!! Where's Blue???? He'd be good at this too. I think Jamesbo talks more than I do, lol, so I figure he'll retain the lead. Maybe.....

Paul..... I'd be scared to ride one of those busses, lol!

I have a doctor appt. tomorrow to go see if I can get my jaw x-rayed or something. Ever since I woke up with that pain in it back in January, it's gotten a little better, but if I bite or chew the wrong way, lord..... the pain shoots up into my ear and head. Hurts like a bitc*!!!!!!!! Which just happened as I took the first bite of my english muffin. Just feels like the bones grate against each other right in front of my ear. . I tried to put off and hoped it would just go away, but it ain't happening. It's a million times better than it was in January, but it's not fixed. I hope there's something they can do. I read about this TMJ crap and it doesn't sound like there's much to be done. We'll see what she says tomorrow.

So where is Clint?? Where is Blue?? Where is Don?? Where is Wolfie?? I'm sure there are others I'm missing.....

Well you all have a great Super Tuesday! I'm gonna vote after work.
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:50 AM

Sandy,

Dr. Jamesbo will fix ya right up. You're probably grind'in your teeth at nite. Try sleep'in with a mouth guard in.
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:25 AM

Good morning all

Woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground and its still snowing a little. We're supposed to get up to 60 by Thursday with sunshine the back to rain by the weekend.

Jamsbo sounds like you got your moneys worth and some good exercise to boot. Now you ready to tackle the roof. Good luck and don't fall off don't want to ruin your perfect attendance at the Clubhouse.

Sandy, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon its almost cruising time and you have to get Teepo shined up and ready to hit the show circuit.

Have a great day all
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All!

Mail was light today so I got off early A little brisk dis mawnin, but it seems to be heading towards a beautiful day, if the wind wasn't out of the artic

Now a '69 W30 would be awesome to own, but the Plain Jane bare bones F-85 with the "sleeper" look and W31 is very appealing to me. To each his/her own I guess.

Top o' da mawnin to ya

Scot
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone!

Scot that W31 looks awesome. I love the plain, clean look. Very unassuming. Of course there's nothing wrong with a screamin' monster, either.

There's a couple threads going on about an off road 442 that James Garner once raced. I saw that car up close once, and the VIN that's still affixed to the dash says it's a Cutlass coupe. Just sayin' . Cool looking car, though.

No wind here today, and the sun is out so that makes it a stellar day. Got more car stuff to do. Wish there was a dog park around I'd take my two and let them run around. They get quite a bit of exercise in the back yard, but it would be nice to give them a variety sometimes. Keep there minds more alert.

Ah speaking of the back yard, it's almost time to get out there and pick up sticks and whatnot and start mowing. I'll mow for the first time in a couple weeks when I get back from vacation. It needs it now but I don't want to start and then leave it.

So, everyone have a great day. I started mine at the Awful house so it can only go up.

Mike
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Registered

Good morning in western time zones.

Been busy , college daughter is home for spring break so I can get stuff done without having to worry about the dogs.
My wife took some time off work too so I took her to the Pull-A-Part on Friday so she could carry and guard my tools. I found a nice front bumper cover and door mirror for the Custom Cruiser. I lashed the bumper cover to my wife's back with some old seat belts so she would have her hands free to carry the tools and mirror, you really do get wiser with age.
I just got back from having the front end aligned on the CC, none of the wheels fell off and it steers and stops so I must of put all the parts back in the right places.
I still have a bunch of mystery pieces-parts from a car that I painted the engine on, it still goes okay so I guess they didn't mean much.
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

......I still have a bunch of mystery pieces-parts from a car that I painted the engine on, it still goes okay so I guess they didn't mean much.

'Scuse me, suh???????? You better not have any parts out there, you shi*!!!!!!

Glad you checked in.... I was beginning to worry. Laura is gonna 'lash' you good, one of these days....
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Of course there's nothing wrong with a screamin' monster, either.

No doubt

There's a couple threads going on about an off road 442 that James Garner once raced. I saw that car up close once, and the VIN that's still affixed to the dash says it's a Cutlass coupe. Just sayin' . Cool looking car, though.
IIRC there were 3 "originals"

Good to hear that all is well Blue I bet she loves gwan to da pick and pull with you