The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2017, 11:46 PM

Good Morning.

Sunday it is! Last day of freedom. Should be warm too, so some yard-work is on the plans. And sanding down and painting one metal panel inside my interior supporting plastics.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Inline; April 9th, 2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Captain Starfire

It's a nippy morning in da' swamp... perfect for a landscape cleanup day....
Enjoy your last day of freedom, Inline!
Happy Palm Sunday, Olds buds.
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:56 AM

Mawn'in

Chili in de hills

John, I saw on FB some kids I know were hanging out in the Big Easy, I recommended Manale's BBQ shrimp, Please tell me it's still open and is as good as I remember

Are you coming to the hills this easter?

GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 9th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Captain Starfire

Yes & yes, Jamesbo... We haven't been to Pascal's in 4-5 years, but it never changes (thank goodness) -- and it's certainly still open.
Old April 9th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got back from Jacksonville. Had a good trip, was good to see everyone. Glad I'm home. Quiet in the house without Tiger but he'll be here tomorrow.

So now I get to catch up and get stuff put away. It's beautiful out, maybe I'll have time to do something outside before dark. Maybe not. Have a good evening everyone hope the week starts out good.
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:14 AM

Tis Monday so guess what?
Old April 10th, 2017, 05:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful out. Boy did I sleep good. Awful house, a couple errands, and then go get Tiger. We're going to do yard work today.

Smack 'em good Jamesbo. Have a good day everyone.
Old April 10th, 2017, 05:13 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Gonna be a nice week weather wise.

Happy Whacking Jamesbo.

BBQ shrimp. man does that sound good. I'm famished this morning.

Well 2 days of soreness are upon us. We had our second race of the series yesterday. T'was a long day. We were spose to race at 2 but didn't leave the line till about 3:30.
Made for a long day.

Have a Mornin all
Old April 10th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Good evening.

First day. It was all just big hulabaloo. But at the end it started to make sense, and this week program is now known. Enjoyed being at work after so long time at home.

Old April 10th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Always room for one more

Taking a break from mowing. Tiger and I were sitting eating my lunch earlier and here comes the yard ****. I hadn't seen this one before, very nice older lady said there was an anonymous complaint about cars in the yard. The only one she was worried about was the white Suburban under the carport. I politely told her the previous code person said as long as it was under a roof it was okay, didn't need to be covered. Okay then. She also couldn't see the plate on the Deuce. So I took her out into the yard and showed her a path she'd be safe on and sure enough, there it was. We have a choice as to who called today. It could be the regular a$$hole who couldn't find anything wrong with the fence I just built up to the property line, so he resorted to his old standby of wasting taxpayer money, or it could be the guy who's nuts and got mad when I told him he scared my dog and that's the reason he wants to bite him. Eh, who knows. I have a firm plan out of here, I just need the company to cooperate.

John I see that Michael McDonald is playing at the I-Wireless Center in Moline. I know how much you like both Michael and Moline, so if you want tickets I'll forward you the email with the details.

Clint you need a hot tub.

Okay break's over. Tiger barked at the mower and ran away. Sort of like he does with the vacuum. We're having a good time though.
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:56 PM

Evening all

Another Monday done, glorious weekend here, even managed to get my head sunburnt after driving the Cutlass on Saturday and being stuck in traffic for an hour or so.

Inline, glad you're happy to be back at work.
Mike, that would drive me mad, people telling me what you can and can't have in your own yard, you need to train Tiger to identify these people's houses and teach him to **** on their lawn.

The garden is coming on nicely, still not finished yet, about one more week should do it.

Haven't been at work much for a couple of weeks, I'm in a can't be arsed mood, so I'm looking to go away for a short break for a few days to recharge the batteries. I've got a friend who works in air traffic control in Greece and has invited us to stay over Easter on one of the Greek islands so that's an option, if not then her indoors has decided she wants to go to Jordan, not sure how safe that is at the moment.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old April 10th, 2017, 01:59 PM

London,

Pacquale Manale's BBQ shrimp aren't really BBQ'd, the cooked in onions, spices and a WHOLE lot of butter. they come in a BIG bowl so you can sop [dunk] you french bread in the bowl and let it soak up the herb butter while you peel your shrimp
Old April 10th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik check-in... Finally got all the cars washed, grass cut, & now working on re-mulching the beds and trimming some of the landscaping for the season. Never ends, but I ain't complainin'. Did everything but ride the motorcycle: put it back in the garage for safe-keeping and to plan the next painting attack. (But it will be a while.)

Jamesbo & London, here's the "official" word on Pascale's iffin' you want to take a gander:
http://pascalsmanale.com/

Mike, that's why my friends call me "Moline McDonald." (Not really.) You know what would be good is the Doobie Bros. - Chicago concert this summer. The nearest to me is probably Dallas; I think I'll have to pass. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to make the Oldsmobile Homecoming with Gene in June. Really getting cold feet, for many reasons. One is that the cheapest airfare is still $500... and that's for the inconvenient times & days. We shall see...

Y'all have a night....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 11th, 2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:59 AM

Mawn'in

beautimus day down ere

Already seeded 8 graves before it gets hot

John, You're making me hungry, I LOVE that place and of course Tujacques

London, If you ever travel the states be sure and eat in New Orleans La.and Pensacola, Fla You can skip Atlanta, It's full of expensive mediocre restaurants

GTG

Old April 11th, 2017, 06:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, United's fares may be dropping soon. just be sure to wear all your protective motorcycle clothing when you board the plane..

Jamesbo, hate to say it, but it sounds as business is going well?

Have a day all.
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:30 AM

Evening. Just came from sauna. And soon, after i finish my 5th beer, im so ready for bed

Yard-*****.... havent had any yet, but wish best if your gonna start to play with me.
One neighbor is very suspicious, always looking what we do, but havent came to talk yet.
He dont even wave back if we meet at street nor answer back to hello. I said to my fiancee im gonna show him middle-finger next time just to see does he react.

Anyways, have a good late day everyone, and from my part, good night.
Old April 11th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day that I didn't do anything with. Got up around noon and pretty much did nothing. Played with Tiger. Eh, I'd rather do that anyway.

Clint that is awesome. I'm not a big fan of United, but as usual the do-gooders who have to stick their noses into someone else's business have blown this whole thing out of proportion. I get a kick out of the number of people I've seen said, I'm never flying United again. Probably said they were moving to Canada, too.

Jamesbo where is the good food in Pensacola? The Coffee Pot of course, what else? I'm getting real tired of Dennys.

Got to thinking, dip$hit next door probably saw where the wind blew off a couple car covers, so gave a quick call to the county. I think it's about time to push back. So far he's like Teflon. He cheated on his wife, everyone knew about it nothing happened. He caused trouble on the lake. Nothing happened. So far he's put the screws to me and nothing has happened. That's gonna change.

Okay work. It's my Monday so anything can happen. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:58 PM

John, that would stink if you couldn't make it up here, but I don't blame you when it comes to $$. If you weren't so far away I would suggest taking the Starfire to the Olds show, but I would not risk that distance myself with that nice of a car.
Old April 12th, 2017, 03:16 AM

Mawn'in

Another nice one

Clint, Good thing I don't fly, Used to but gave it up when it became a Giant PITA

here ya go Mike,

http://www.joepattis.com/

http://www.oysterbar31.com/
https://fishhousepensacola.com/location/

https://skopelosatnewworld.com/dine/reserve-a-table

Got the garden plowed, cemetery mowed now it's time to start planting

Taters going in 1st

Lady from the city's "Histerical" society came by yesterday, They wanta put up a historical sign in front of my old house [1896] So when your grand children drive by the "Bell: house will be know forever. [until someone shoots it or runs over the sign]

My little gift to posterity, Truth is I should burn the thing down in 1975 when I bought it

Oh well, coulda, woulda shoulda

Old April 12th, 2017, 06:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, I should have done the same with the Casa Del Raymond. But it keeps most of the rain off our heads.

Mike, Got a Dear John letter from my Bio father last night. Can't win them all. My Bio mother said he wasn't father material back then and I guess that hasn't changed. So not all is bright and shiney. But going into it not expecting anything is still the way to go about it. That way you won't be disappointed.

Inline, it's not a Sauna but our new hot tub should be installed a week from this Saturday.

Have a day.
Old April 12th, 2017, 07:49 AM

Bummer Clint,

But, 'happiness is minimal expectation"
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:05 AM

Evening.

Long day again. Its still all new and fancy, but im liking the way new Company runs things. Again, food at oven, when its ready, i eat it, drink one beer and to bed. This is life

CQR - Nice! Our upper neighbours have hot tub on their yard. I bet youre already waiting for it.

Anyways, good late day for you guys.
Old April 12th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day. Got home late this morning so slept as long as I could this afternoon.

Clint that's too bad. At least that's another piece of the puzzle. My sister connected with her bio mother a few years ago. The woman was not thrilled to talk to her, and wouldn't take subsequent calls. My sister asked if she wanted to be friends on face book. Not only did she reject the request, but barred her from being able to see anything. My sister was disappointed but not really surprised.

Jamesbo they should tack the sign up on the oak trees.

Night two. Last night wasn't too bad, stayed late trying to figure out what someone else had written up and ordered the wrong parts for. Hope tonight does a little better. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 12th, 2017, 08:38 PM

I went to fry up a couple of eggs for breakfast this morning, the second one into the pan had a lot of red in it! Into the garbage they went, peanut butter 'n toast it was. My oldest brother is my half brother, my mom married my dad when he was one years old, and he adopted him. A few years ago after my mother passed away, he found the name of his biological dad, and contacted him as he was in the area. Unfortunately he did not want to meet my brother.
Old April 13th, 2017, 03:07 AM

Mawn'in

Beautimus day { I hope, it's too dark to tell squat]

Planted taters, spinach, beets, a few radishes and finished weed wacking fences

Place looks nice, I see 9 holes [at least] in my immediate future

I too had an adopted sister, but she never search for her bio parents

GTG get something done before golf

have a great day Olds friends
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:42 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Gonna be mid 70's here. I'll take it. Also Easter looks good weather wise. Which is good, cuz it sounds like the place is gonna be packed.

Looks like Denver is in the top 10 of most polluted air. Imagine that. Wonder how much of it is the remnant of the stinky devil weed?

Happy whacking Jamesbo.

Have a Thursday.
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:19 AM

Good day.

White ground and snowing when i woke up. Eeehhh????
Well, all melted now and warm! 39F and sun is shining, could you hope for more? ( )
Easter now, 4 days off from work. Sauna today.

Jamesbo - Good luck to your 9 holes. Never done hole-in-one ( thats like everything i know about golf ) ?

Okay, have a good easter-holidays everyone.
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Decent enough in da' Swamp today, albeit a tad on the warm side. It's been hitting 82*F most every day, and today will be no exception. Need to go finish laying down my red mulch, & prepare for the 10-hour drive comin' right up. I guess it's the Fusion this time. Might be the last long trip on those tires, since they've got over 50k miles now; I think I'll get another set just like 'em this summer if they're still around for a decent price.

Don't fret, Clint: U.S. News & World Report rated Louisiana #50 out of 50 states. What the hell do they know? A smart fellow (from Bayou Black, LA) who works for the WSJ claimed: "You can't eat metrics, but if you come to visit Louisiana, baby, I've got a boudin place just for you."

Jamesbo, pics of the estate and garden are WAY overdue.... We're being patient. Whackem good, in any case. And you forgot to wish us all a good Maundy Thursday today... So I think I'll fill the vacuum.

Mike, glad the night was decent -- except for the "detention."

Dan, me never seen no red egg be-foe. Sounds as if you made a wise decision.

Inline, doesn't sound as if you'll have time to do much else during working season, but at least it sounds bearable....

Y'all have a great Maundy Thusday, Olds buddies.
Old April 13th, 2017, 07:39 AM

Inline over here many of us have Good Friday off, but it is offered as a work day if we want, depending on the employer. I'm working tomorrow 'cuz it's double pay! Correction...triple time!

Last edited by 1969w3155; April 14th, 2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:48 AM

We have friday and monday easter-vacation days by law. And double salary if you have to work on them. Just like on you ( atleast on friday).
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:37 AM

I see sum poke in my near future
Old April 13th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Yet another beautiful one. I hope it holds out for the weekend, which is dangerously close by.

Jamesbo sadly, with some of those places in Pensacola being seafood, I won't be partaking. No one in my family likes seafood. Pity. But thanks for the list. I might have to venture out by myself one afternoon...

In my department none of the holidays are taken off. If we're scheduled to work, we work. That doesn't bother me because it means I have 11 extra days of vacation to take every year. Some of the more normal departments, like secretaries, etc. take the holiday when it falls.

Got home again late this morning. An overhead bin was broke and it needed a temporary fix. After the fix it needs to be reinspected every 90 days until it's fixed for good at L check. I didn't know how to defer the item, and two people told me the wrong way to do it. Well when the computer wouldn't take it, I found out the right way to do it and had to go back out to the plane. Was walking to my car at two minutes after 6. Not a happy boy. I hope this isn't the norm for the week.

Okay gonna finish getting ready and hit the road. One more. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 14th, 2017, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
In my department none of the holidays are taken off. If we're scheduled to work, we work. That doesn't bother me because it means I have 11 extra days of vacation to take every year. Some of the more normal departments, like secretaries, etc. take the holiday when it falls.
If i understood right what you told? These easter-vacation days etc are taken from yearly holidays? Here they dont, they are just extra holidays which dont affect holiday-days you get from working.

And good Morning.
Beautiful day, at Morning it was 28F but its already 37F!

Plan is to finish my woodwork this long weekend, too cold to re-attach window to Cutlass i fear, since they suggest installing it at warm.
Or i could take a trip to garage, but... meh....

Okay, have a good weekend everyone´.
Old April 14th, 2017, 04:22 AM

Mawn'in

Another pretty day

Mike, You don't like seafood What's wrong with you? John and I will be happy to eat your portions

Clint, Maybe spring is finally here, I planted my garden hoping there's not gonna be a late frost but cha never know

GTG get ready for easter dinner

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Gonna be almost 80 today. but round here you never plant anything outside before mothers day. (Or take the plow off the truck)

Think I may have to advertise in CL for a job opening and watch the circus show up at my door. Ugh.

Mmmm. Poke. Better get some thawing.
Have a weekend. I'll let you know how the meet and greet goes with the Bio fam.
Old April 14th, 2017, 09:06 AM

Well, nothing but rain in the forecast for tomorrow and Easter. Mike, when I worked at the paper mill, if we were scheduled to work the holiday (the Company ran 24/7) then we worked it, but received 3x pay.
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well deserved Friday for me. Didn't do too badly this morning but still ran around like a madman all night.

What I meant by not getting off on the holiday, is that in some departments when the holiday comes around the group takes off. In my department, they are all optional. We can take the day off by the same means as taking any other day off(put in through the crew management web page) or we can take it another day, which is what I usually do. Sometimes they offer that we can get paid instead of taking a day, which currently is at time and a half. So you get your normal days' pay, and also a day of time and a half. To me, the value is more in not being there than the extra few dollars on my paycheck.

Now, we are not a Monday through Friday department. We work 24/7 and we don't all have the same days off. So if the holiday falls on your day off, then you can either get paid for it(the time and a half thing) or it's automatically an extra day to take whenever.

Jamesbo I said my family doesn't like seafood. So if I want to take in these places I'll have to go by myself. Or wait for you to be there, too.

Clint good luck this weekend.

Well time to go out before work. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old April 14th, 2017, 11:25 PM

Good Morning everyone. 30F again outside. Spring-time, yeah...

slantflat- Thanks for clarification. That sounds really good system actually, to be able to use that vacation day somewhere else.

Hmm.. Gonna finish my wood-shelter today, then put all my firewood there to dry, and heat sauna. Started that shelter yesterday and got it almost done, but then darkness came. Those are my saturday plans, anyways.

Old April 15th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Turned out to be an expensive morning. Went and rented a tow dolly so I could move cars to the shop. The first car to move, blue Suburban. And of course it's too wide to fit on the dolly. And of course it's blocking ALL THE OTHER CARS THAT NEED MOVING. Well, best to spend 60 bucks for nothing than to try to move the Suburban and end up buying new fenders and lights for the dolly. Sheesh.

Tiger had to sit out on the Awful house today, since I had to take the pickup. I'll make it up to him, maybe ice cream. He got a new tennis ball to play with. It takes him a little over a week to gnaw all the green felt off and puncture it. Glad they are cheep.

Work was good last night. Two ridiculously easy planes, got out by 2. I like that a lot better than staying till after 6.

Okay gotta take this thing back and find something else to do. Have a good day everyone. What is today called, Good Saturday?
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Cooking Easter dinner in the hills

Beautiful day

Mike, Ok I'll make you some BBQ'd shrimp some time [John can cone also]

Enjoy Easter Olds friends