The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

head on !

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM

head on !

Well the toro/cadillac project is on hold . Dived head long off a 3m ? roof on friday . From then till now has been ambulances,doctors ct scans,needles catheters and xrays. have come out with a c6 c7 dislocation ? . Off work --of any sort --for don`t know how long . The nurses and morphine have been plusses and the fact that I now have feeling back in my legs . SO it ain`t all bad and the project can wait -- amazing how quickly one can re-prioritize!!!!
Yep, I am great all things considered and I will be able to view the olds sites more regularly(beats watching that Oprah Winfrey and Dr Phil that new zealand`s desperate tv people have obviously purchased off you guys)
cheers
mike
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:25 PM

OUCH...

OUCH!!
That hurts just reading about it... By what you wrote, things aren't TOO bad from what I can see - thats good. Glad you are in as good a spirit as you sound though... Yes, morphine does nice things to you when you are in pain - been there done that! I did not have the joy of good nurses though...

When i was 15, I learned the hard way not to try to climb up on a wet pitched roof using a 6' step ladder... I came right down and landed in the grass on my back. It took about 5 minutes to get my breath back, but that was about it. Lady luck was really with me that day - there was no landscape, bushes, bricks, or rocks behind me; just one flower. There was a 2" depression in the grass and TX clay where my head hit. Missed a tree root by about a foot or so...

Accidents happen, so now just take your time and recover. You WILL have lots of time to read through this site, which is far more time consuming then I had ever thought... There is SO MUCH good stuff in here - informative, fun, and even some comical stuff...
I take it you have your service manuals and parts catalogs at your bedside for light reading??
What a good time to plan out the next steps on the "Torolac"!
(do you have anything posted on it here?)

Take care and get welll soon - keep us posted on your condition!

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; March 17th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:46 PM

Smile

Sounds like you were very lucky. If I were you, I'd make sure I bought a lottery ticket!
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Registered

Why did you dive off a roof? we use ladders here in the good old USA.
All joking aside, I'm glad to hear you survived without too much damage. When my neck was messed up morphine didn't do a thing for the pain, hydrocodone just gave me permanent ear ringing/tinnitus/vacuum leak. The only cure is to just get used to it and not think about it or it will literally drive you crazy... I jUsT thOugHt abOuT it.
I had to have a few discs replaced with polyurethane bushings and have a cool polished titanium fuel pump block-off plate and screws holding C-4,5 and 6 so those aren't going anywhere.
How they do all that that through a little hole the front of your neck I don't know?.
I guess that's why I let them do it.
Get some crayons if you're bored, the Olds factory assembly manuals are just like coloring books, I told my wife to shoot me if she ever catches me watching Dr. Fool or Zeroprah.
Old March 18th, 2009, 04:29 AM

Good to hear that you are doing better. Hopefully with some bed rest and recuperation you will heal up fast. Keep us posted.
Old March 18th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by Bluevista
...hydrocodone just gave me permanent ear ringing/tinnitus/vacuum leak. The only cure is to just get used to it and not think about it or it will literally drive you crazy... I jUsT thOugHt abOuT it
I got that too, DAMN YOU! know I can hear it again....

Originally Posted by geckonz08
needles catheters and xrays
here's hoping you mend quickly and get back on your feet soon. That catheter sucks don't it? What a pain in the........
Old March 18th, 2009, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
here's hoping you mend quickly and get back on your feet soon. That catheter sucks don't it? What a pain in the........
. . . drain?

I hope you get well soon. As far as the catheter, I always make sure they tape the tubing to my thigh since I heard about the two guys who had them accidentally jerked out while still inflated. One hung on part of the bed when they moved him to a gurney, and someone stepped in a loop on the other!
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Hated that catheter thing, when I woke up form my motorcycle accident I told the nurse I had to take a leak, she said no you don't, not for a while at least, that's when she pointed to the bag on the side of the bed and grinned at me. Had a cute nurse take it out she didn't even crack a smile just another thing in her daily duties I'm sure. Get well soon your conversion is calling you.
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I take it you have your service manuals and parts catalogs at your bedside for light reading??
What a good time to plan out the next steps on the "Torolac"!
(do you have anything posted on it here?)
yeah the car manuals are gr8.can`t hold the book in extended arms for too long yet but will wait till the neck turns Only going about 2 degrees advanced at present-mechanical !!

I don`t have anything posted YET but plenty will be coming .At this point the toro engine is stripped ,magnafluxed and the crank reground . The cadillac is waiting but still in original state .

Last edited by Oldsguy; March 18th, 2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM

hydrocodone just gave me permanent ear ringing/tinnitus/vacuum leak. The only cure is to just get used to it and not think about it or it will literally drive you crazy...
Hydrocodone makes me feel GOOD!!
I have always had ringing in the ears; must have been all the years of loud rock 'n' roll!

Now have you been in the hospital too long with a battle ax nurse you hate? My friend's dad found a way to eliminate her...

He was in the hospital, when his nurse came to bring the morning checkup & breakfast. She said she also needed a urine sample after breakfast.
He ate all the breakfast, but took the orange juice, put it in the sterile urine cup she gave him and waited for her return...
She came in, picked up the cup, looked it, looked at him, and said in her scratchy voice, "Looking a bit cloudy Mr. Blanton..."
He took the cup, looked at it, and said, "Yea, it does... Lets run it back through the factory and see if that clears it up some!" (He drank it!)
He got a new nurse immediately...
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Hated that catheter thing, when I woke up form my motorcycle accident I told the nurse I had to take a leak, she said no you don't, not for a while at least, that's when she pointed to the bag on the side of the bed and grinned at me. Had a cute nurse take it out she didn't even crack a smile just another thing in her daily duties I'm sure. Get well soon your conversion is calling you.
Yeah -damned good thing in some ways cos there ain`t no way you are getting up for a weeee .I questioned the necessity of the needle that is put into your manhood so the catheter can go in easily. Actually ws better than those lumbar puncture things -- onward and upward
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Hydrocodone makes me feel GOOD!!
I have always had ringing in the ears; must have been all the years of loud rock 'n' roll!

Now have you been in the hospital too long with a battle ax nurse you hate? My friend's dad found a way to eliminate her...

He was in the hospital, when his nurse came to bring the morning checkup & breakfast. She said she also needed a urine sample after breakfast.
He ate all the breakfast, but took the orange juice, put it in the sterile urine cup she gave him and waited for her return...
She came in, picked up the cup, looked it, looked at him, and said in her scratchy voice, "Looking a bit cloudy Mr. Blanton..."
He took the cup, looked at it, and said, "Yea, it does... Lets run it back through the factory and see if that clears it up some!" (He drank it!)
He got a new nurse immediately...
brilliant

As I get older all the nurses look prettier!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So no ol battle axes anymore
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:28 AM

All joking aside, I'm glad to hear you survived without too much damage. When my neck was messed up morphine didn't do a thing for the pain, hydrocodone just gave me permanent ear ringing/tinnitus/vacuum leak. The only cure is to just get used to it and not think about it or it will literally drive you crazy... I jUsT thOugHt abOuT it.
I had to have a few discs replaced with polyurethane bushings and have a cool polished titanium fuel pump block-off plate and screws holding C-4,5 and 6 so those aren't going anywhere.
How they do all that that through a little hole the front of your neck I don't know?.
I guess that's why I let them do it.
Get some crayons if you're bored, the Olds factory assembly manuals are just like coloring books, I told my wife to shoot me if she ever catches me watching Dr. Fool or Zeroprah.
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM

[quote=Bluevista;70239]Why did you dive off a roof? we use ladders here in the good old USA.
All joking aside, I'm glad to hear you survived without too much damage.

Appreciate your ladder suggestion. American ladders are no good here . U see I am used to the metric distance between rungs --ft n inches ladder I mighta misjudged n fallen anyway.
mike
Old March 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM

Prayers from England Andy
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM

[quote=geckonz08;70717]
All joking aside, I'm glad to hear you survived without too much damage.

Appreciate your ladder suggestion. American ladders are no good here . U see I am used to the metric distance between rungs --ft n inches ladder I mighta misjudged n fallen anyway.
mike
Glad to see your keeping your sense of humor about this. Use a sky hook next time
Old March 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM

I'm in good company

It must be the exhaust fumes or the old leaded gas that help cause all these troubles. After 4 neck surgerys I am fused c3,c4,c5,c6 and a lower back surgery. I turn my head like Herman Munster. In fact the only difference between me and Herman is that he is a little taller and better looking.