The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Ebay help.

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2017, 06:09 AM

Exclamation Ebay help.

Ok, I know there was a RECENT thread on this subject. I am currently doing research in the Ebay forums and I also plan on searching our website for the thread I remember. Here's the situation:

I am a new seller on Ebay. An item I had on Ebay sold on 3/29/17 at 0448. A payment was deposited to my PayPal account on 3/29/17 at 0448. Then on 3/29/17 at 0451 I got an Ebay request from the buyer to cancel the order.

What's going on? Apparently, there's some sort of scam referenced in the Ebay forums about buyers cancelling orders:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv...s/m-p/23411024

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sellin.../td-p/24023964

Luckily I haven't shipped the item yet. The Ebay cancel request says I have until 4/01/17 to reply to the buyer. I haven't contacted the buyer yet. I am considering contacting Ebay for guidance but I've heard they can be less than helpful.

I don't care about selling this item to this buyer, I can always relist it and block this buyer if needed. What do I do to ensure this buyer doesn't leave me negative feedback? I've only done about 10 transactions on Ebay. Thankfully I've gotten 6 positive feedbacks with no neutral or negative feedbacks. I haven't left any neutral or negative feedback either. Apparently, this buyer has experience on Ebay with 53 positive feedbacks, so it's not like the account was made last night.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me. Truthfully, Ebay has been more trouble than it's worth. Apparently, sellers can't leave neutral or negative feedback. I've received broken items and had late payments. I guess I'm still a NOOB to Ebay. When do I graduate?
Old March 29th, 2017, 06:15 AM

BTW, this buyer is located domestically at a physical address. I don't know if that matters.
Old March 29th, 2017, 06:29 AM

Maybe this is the thread on our site I was thinking of. Not really the same situation though:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...st-new-me.html
Old March 29th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Yes thats the thread. There is a report an unpaid item notification to ebay for non payment to prevent you from being charged a fee for the sale. It also prevents the buyer from leaving bad comments. You can setup your auction so that there is a minimum feedback requirement to bid on your item and you can block the buyer.
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:13 AM

if he requested to cancel it, just cancel it...PERIOD...good ya didnt ship it..but its going to get ugly if you insist on forcing his hand....how much would it suck if he got it sent it back and left negative feedback? You get to pay shipping both ways..and he can leave a negative..its terrible..but seems to be just fine with ebay

just cancel the order..and move on..put him in your block bidders list..

this is so common..for 10 years never had it..and lately ive had 3 in a month..ebay took more rights away from the seller..even if you refuse to cancel it..ebay will side on the buyers side...they give the buiyer 100% satisfaction..so its a loosing battle...
Old March 29th, 2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by marxjunk
if he requested to cancel it, just cancel it...PERIOD...
Mark, if I accept the buyer's request to cancel will the funds automatically be refunded from my PayPal account? Also, if I accept the buyer's cancel request he can't leave negative feedback, right?

Sorry, I'm still a FNG.
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Old School Olds

[QUOTE=Olds64;1003195]Mark, if I accept the buyer's request to cancel will the funds automatically be refunded from my PayPal account? Also, if I accept the buyer's cancel request he can't leave negative feedback, right?

Yes on a refund, and correct on the feedback. Block and move on.
Life is way short for BS.
Old March 29th, 2017, 09:39 AM

If the buyer initiated the cancel you are off the hook, the scam is where they want YOU to initiate the cancel. I would also call Ebay and flag this issue, as a seller you can go to contact info and get a one-time code for phone assistance. They are generally very helpful and I have resolved things many times this way.
Old March 29th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Gents, thank you for the assistance. I agreed to the buyer's request and cancelled the item. I sent a polite message to the buyer informing him that the item was cancelled. I don't know if the buyer intended to scam me. In the future I plan on blocking that buyer. I will let everyone know if anything else comes of this.
Old March 29th, 2017, 02:35 PM

ebay

Byer be were seller be double carefulLots of jokers out there
Alain
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Olds Fever

I've been told on several occasions that if there is nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all... That's my only comment on EBay... Who knows, maybe I'll even start using it again in the future...
Old March 29th, 2017, 04:14 PM

ebay

Maybe we should not panic just a comment
Alain