The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

i don't often endorse, but have to mention.....

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2016, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up i don't often endorse, but have to mention.....

back almost 13 years ago to the day, i sent out my steering box and power steering pump to a company in missouri. not only to change out to quick ratio, which was one of the best decisions i made, but also to update the "O" rings because of leaks. well, now 13 years later, the unit began to seep fluid again.
so, i called this company with only the intention to order the "O" ring kits and attempt to solve this problem myself. the answer i received was quite surprising -----" no, no, no...just ship the unit to us and we will take care of everything.....we will completely rehab the unit, no charge. " of course i pay the shipping, but, it was amazing to me that a company take care of their customers in this day and age to this degree. so, if any of you need a very reputable company for this kind of work, send me a private message and i will relay the company info and how to get in touch with them....

dal442
Old May 1st, 2016, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Just post the name of the company, its much easier. Always nice to hear of companies that go way beyond the norm.
Old May 1st, 2016, 07:55 PM

Chip is a good person to deal with, and a four speed manual wagon guy no-less. I am happy to say my ps pump as well as quick ratio box for my '70 flattop were sourced from him.
Old May 1st, 2016, 08:01 PM

http://www.powersteering.com/

He did the box, with quick ratio conversion, and pump as well as new hoses, for the blue car. Detailed and ready to install upon return.
A nicer guy would be hard to find.
I really think I heard about him right here on this forum, but it could have been ROP.

Mike
Old May 1st, 2016, 09:37 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

With that kind of service and reputation and being in Missouri,I would guess Chip at Power Steering Services Inc. Just a guess.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 04:18 AM

Talking

heck, it's good to see you guys are all on a first name basis with chip...
for me it's still mr. W.

good to see that he has many satisfied customers like myself.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:48 AM

I had heard good things, but I tried calling him last week to do my box and pump, left a message, and didn't get a return call... so my pump and box went out to Lee, who I used on my old '83 with great results.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:55 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by 83hurstguy
I had heard good things, but I tried calling him last week to do my box and pump, left a message, and didn't get a return call... so my pump and box went out to Lee, who I used on my old '83 with great results.
FWIW... Tom Lee retired and sold the business.
I have no experience with the new owners, so can't say if thats good or bad, just passing along the info.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
FWIW... Tom Lee retired and sold the business.
I have no experience with the new owners, so can't say if thats good or bad, just passing along the info.
Yeah, I had heard that, then stumbled across the info for the new ownership. When I talked to them last week, they said all the same employees are there, essentially everything is the same as before in a new location... sounds like Tom wasn't doing much of the work himself anyways (at least not the standard rebuilding).
Old May 3rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by 83hurstguy
Yeah, I had heard that, then stumbled across the info for the new ownership. When I talked to them last week, they said all the same employees are there, essentially everything is the same as before in a new location... sounds like Tom wasn't doing much of the work himself anyways (at least not the standard rebuilding).
Good to know!
Old June 5th, 2016, 05:59 AM

"now the rest of the story".....as paul harvey eloquently would put it.

now pushing the age of 60, i have come to learn that the term "free" can have many different meanings. no, this is not going to be a complaint on chip or his staff. this will be a slight commentary on my never using fedex ground shipping ever again. it only took 10 days for them to deliver from indiana to missouri.....most the problem being their attempts to deliver after hours of a business that is not open after 5:30
next, chip advised me that when i pack up the unit to wrap it up with a heavy plastic and make sure to write " warranty " in big letters on the box....which i did. this i was told would expedite the repair to 3-4 days and i would receive it back promptly.
after jostling this cargo with 4 attempts to deliver after hours....it caused the box to leak. fedex then re-boxed my double boxing of the parcel which of course, hid the "warranty" labels i placed on it.....so, the unit sat for 2 more weeks at chip's place of business without the knowledge it was a warranty repair.....
needless to say, the unit has now been re-installed in beautiful condition back into the 442 ---- but as the saying goes...." free is usually not free...." oh, and use ups shipping in the future.