The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

WINTER WONDERLAND???

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
You'd better cut down on the winter hate talk. Here are some global warming protesters......and some of them looked pissed off!
LMAO!! The "general" who put this army together has WAAAAAAYYY to much time on his hands. On the good side, I would say they don't stand a snowballs chance in hell!
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

It's climate change protesters now.

I call it the weather, changes all the time, has since I was a kid.

I can't wait to see Sandy's Christmas display, probably has more little snowmen, maybe an army tank deal like in the Finnish speed trap too??
I could hardly see that there was a tank in the pic because of that camouflage netting hiding it at first, tricky aren't they???

My next door neighbor spent two hours putting up a big inflatable Santa today and then their dog bit old Saint Nick.

Poor unfortunate deflated Santa.
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

Old December 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM
...should get a life....

Never seen a white Xmas but would love to.
Little different here...
xmas2005089.jpg
Old December 1st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Registered

So that "Lil' Ol' Band from Texas" is playing down under Col Wickham???

Tell them to watch out for shocks if they go in the water.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Man, that's really roughing it.

I've seen overkill before but that's ridiculouth.

I have tractor envy now and feel emasculated with my little tractor.
Sandy's husband has a big tractor too.
I'm going to get me a bulldozer to plow my driveway now.
last year I had snow piled up higher than the tractor and had to push it into the backyard about 80'. The bucket comes in handy when you have so much snow you have to move it. the trucks with plows on the front can only do so much then they gotta call me to move some snow especially if it freezes.As far as Col not having a white xmas well those santas could always go in the water and have a white shark xmas
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:15 AM

It snowed in Dallas TX for the first time this year! I watched it from the office windows - very pretty. It was 45 degrees but the big wet flakes came down heavily. The guys who were driving in in or after that time said traffic was at a crawl and gas stations were very busy. people were hitting the brakes on bridges.
The white stuff covered only 25% of the grass and was gone within 30 minutes.
Yep, snow here causes problems just after the first flake, by a bunch of flakes...
A low of 26 and 30% chance of snow this Friday will likely shut the state down......
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Cutlass Lover

It's raining here now, but in the 40's. Supposed to be getting some snow mixed in with the rain tomorrow night, and calling for our temps to be in the high 20's to low 30's on Friday and Saturday. Not looking forward to it...
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:10 PM

I am NOT a fan of snow either. We had alot of it in WV during the winter, and it'd take a blizzard for school to be canceled. Oh I remember how it was in the old 87 Cutlass Ciera. Using a lighter to warm up the locks, having to prime the injectors several times otherwise it wouldn't start(had a bad battery, I got about 15 revolutions out of it before it would die in winter. Thusly, I had only once chance to start the car. If I let off the starter, it wouldn't crank without being jumped). Ugh. Got locked INSIDE my car once, because all the doors iced over or had frozen locks. Then those days where it was -10F and I had to be working on the car. Fuel filter, new tensioner, alternator, etc.

Luckily don't have those issues down here so much(I just moved down here last January). The snow in Denton was pretty good, and here in Lewisville the grass was dusted. I was surprised school wasn't cancelled. They usually at least delay at the hint of ice. I'm sure tomorrow or Friday will be a different story. High of 38 tomorrow, I think. Or maybe its Friday. Either way, keeping me from working on the wagon. Got the trans up, just need to replace a cooler line. Rained yesterday and I'm sick today.

--Ryan
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:35 AM
Registered

Hang in there Ryan, sorry to hear you're sick, hurry up and get well soon so you can get back to work on the wagon.

Been there done that, still do sometimes.
I would get home from school in sub-zero weather change my clothes and immediately crawl under my car and start working on it, pulled the transmission and engine in a snowstorm, and that was in kindergarten.

You don't feel the cold when you're having fun.

I hate when I get frozen inside my vehicle.
The snowsharks will keep you trapped inside too.
When those white fins are circling in the drifted snow around your car you don't even set foot out the door.

There is another way to easily thaw locks...remember the Eskimo dad that did it to his kid's tongue to free it from a steel fence pole he licked in sub-zero temps??

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
It's raining here now, but in the 40's. Supposed to be getting some snow mixed in with the rain tomorrow night, and calling for our temps to be in the high 20's to low 30's on Friday and Saturday. Not looking forward to it...
What a pessimist, look at the bright side, at least you don't have to cut the grass and wax the car.

You need heat in that barn.
Just think of all the work you could do on The Prettiest One, the wax would be an inch thick by spring.

This weather has been great so far this fall, thanks again Sandy, and fall is practically over.
It isn't even officially winter yet but everything's uphill after the equinox.
All you can do is put on your thermal gotchies and then just grin and bear it.

I have pink long underwear but it isn't for girls, at least normal sized city girls.
My wife washed it with something red.

You have to stay busy or winter drags.
I'm working down here in my subterranean fortress of solitude/He-Man Women Hate-Us Clubhouse on a full scale model of my Vista Cruiser built completely out of toothpicks and liquid nails.

No girls allowed!!!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up!!!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Captain of my ship

Well no snow to report from the geat green north yet. today the temps are going up to 62 F which is good but it's pooring down rain. I have a funeral to go to tomorrow and it's supposed to be sunny and around 48 F which is ok. The bad news is that some nights were below the freezing mark and with all the rain previuos they salted the roads of course they went past at about 8:30 AM so everyone going to work was gone and with all the rain today so is the salt.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM

Temps here are dropping. 26 this morning. Going out to the garage and getting started is the hard part, I start up bundled up like crazy and start shedding items as I start working pretty soon I am down to just a sweat shirt and a knit hat, works fine until I stop for lunch then its bundle up and start over. Good I hate cold weather and it gets worse the older I get.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Citcapp... where ya been? I missed you! It was 44 at my house this morning 6:00 ish, and misty rain. It poured pretty good last night. It's still raining. I couldn't go out and walk at lunch. Tonight we have a chance of snow mixing in as the temps drop. I hate the cold... snow... salt... ice... slush... coats.... gloves... boots... scraping off my car after work... did I mention cold?