The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Wild Technology [or Elvis lives]

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2009, 04:17 AM

Wild Technology [or Elvis lives]

For those of you that didn't see the show, Celine Dion appeared to walk out and stand next to Elvis as the two sang a duet of the classic "If I can Dream." It was like he was raised from the dead. Everyone has been asking how it was done. ET said tonight it was a hologram. Totally amazing what they can do now.

Estimated cost was said to have been between $50,000 to$100,000 and it is said it took20months to create. Prior to the performance, Celine practiced with an Elvis impersonator. However it was done, it was totally amazing. She sounded great singing with Elvis. The duet was fantastic.

Celine Dion in front of a LIVE studio audience. This is absolutely unbelievable how they have done this. It really - really does look for all the world that Elvis is actually standing there live on stage singing along side Celine Dion in front of the live American Idol audience. Watch and listen to the audience going berserk, as they themselves think they are actually seeing Elvis right there in front of them.

A truly amazing use of modern day technology brings Elvis Presley back to life in front of your own eye's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO10pkOLERQ

Old August 12th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Captain of my ship

Very cool

Thanks for that Jamesbo Elvis lives.1968 was really when I first started listening to Elvis and watching movies he made.My dad really hated him so it was hard to watch him on the tube but I would get up after he went to bed and watch the late night movies , some with Elvis. I had a collection of those 45 singles and would look in the record shop for some of the older Elvis tunes as well as what was coming out in the late 60's. Holograms are a reality these days and I even saw them do it on CNN. It could be possible to do concerts in the near future of stars from the past. That would really be cool.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Past Administrator

Mirrors.....
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:17 AM

A truly amazing use of modern day technology brings Elvis Presley back to life in front of your own eye's.
Why would they have to use technology to bring Elvis back to life? He never died. Neither did Michael Jackson or Billy Mays. Silly Super Moderator, don't you know that famous people never die?
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Registered

If there was an Elvis, Martin & Lewis or Danny Kaye movie on TV it was mandatory viewing at our house when I was a kid. I'm looking at his pic on the wall right now, a framed lobby card from "Loving You".
I've used his use his alter-ego name from that movie for years whenever possible. At restaraunts it's fun to see who perk ups when they call out "Mr. Deke Rivers, your table is ready".

On the show there was a body double of Elvis on stage and the close-ups of the "real" Elvis with Celine were done earlier and they would cut to them. The long shots and some strategically done closer shots with her masking him were the double.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM

Thumbs up

The greatest entertainer ever.

LONG LIVE THE KING.