The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Welcome to the ghetto

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2013, 09:20 AM

On a different slant, I deal with this daily. When Quebec first attempted separation, anglos fled west to Ontario and Alberta. That left the separatists stronger than ever in QC. All of Canada's been paying for that mistake ever since. Just this year, the PQ gov't tabled the single most racist bill anywhere in the west in the last 50 years. Me ... I'm not going anywhere.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Damned anglophone carpetbagger! Go back to England where you came from!

Think of what a paradise Quebec would be without your ilk making poutine badly and playing hockey like girls.

Vive Quebec! Vive Louis XVIII!

- Eric
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:36 AM

Scotland actually. The fact that Scotland is also attempting to separate is one of the things that keeps me from getting lynched when I point out the stupidities of the QC attempt.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Oldsdruid

I'm just glad I have my folks' place to return to, if I can ever get the remodeling finished.

My neighborhood was quiet, stable, middle-class up till about 4 years ago. As the older people died off their heirs couldn't sell the properties fast enough, so slumlords started buying it up cheap. As a result this neighborhood has gone from roughly 10% rental property to >75%, with predictable results.

They don't maintain the houses worth a **** and it's bringing the whole area down. Right now I'll do good to break even selling my house. I sure won't make any money on it because of what the neighborhood has turned into, and I know the longer I hold on to it, the less it will sell for. Thank you slumlords, because in reality that's all that will buy it or any other property in this part of town.

Federal housing laws would thwart this idea, but I'm of a mind that requiring rental property owners to post a substantial bond against mischief and mayhem their tenants cause would go a long way toward eliminating trash tenants.

Y'all have already heard about the latest breakin, and two breakins plus a tire-slashing incident in 3 years is two too many. As another poster stated, the cops could not care less. I don't want a police report to turn in to the insurance (so it'll go up or get canceled), I want these lazy-*** LEOs to earn their keep. Their arrest dockets are full of drunk in public, misdemeanor weed possession, trespassing, and other such low hanging fruit nonsense but they can't catch crackhead punks doing B&E and grand larceny. God forbid they'd have to solve a murder case.
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Professur
Scotland actually.
Then I don't see what their problem is - Whatever language they speak in Scotland, nobody's ever accused them of speaking English.

- Eric
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 69ishHoliday
I support anyone doing what is necessary to protect themselves or their family. Usually I don't say anything when people break-out the gun talk though they usually are people that haven't killed much during their lives. Being an avid hunter of forty years, I would never for a moment consider pointing a gun at another human being unless there was no other choice and it was life or death.
You know what assuming does, right? I believe I started hunting at age 6 and I think my first deer was around age 9 or so. I enjoy shooting sports of all forms and enjoy firearms themselves. However, despite your theory, I would absolutely point a gun at someone stealing my property, and would certainly fire should they do anything that would make me fear for my life.

I personally don't think that someone else's life (that I don't know, don't care about, and who probably has a long criminal record) is worth more than my property. However, I do follow the law in all circumstances, so one must be in fear of their life before using force. One may, as I understand it, confront a thief on their property, and if said thief were to respond poorly, one could defend one's self.
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Then I don't see what their problem is - Whatever language they speak in Scotland, nobody's ever accused them of speaking English.

- Eric
The Corries ...

and not to be out done

Montreal's own Bowser and Blue ...

Last edited by Professur; November 26th, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

LOL. All so true.

"... 'ts all we got, we mus'na' lose 'em..."

- Eric
Old November 29th, 2013, 02:34 AM

...In the rest of the city, the decent, hardworking people who had saved up money began to get tired of having to pass young punks in the hallways and smell urine in the elevators, and started to move out...
During the 27 years I've been in Europe, I've seen this type of urban flight going on and it gets progressively dramatic, the more the urban centers get occupied. After having returned to once enjoyable cities, I've ended up in certain districts where only the architechture and street signs were hints that I wasn't walking through some downtown Karachi, Pakistan or Baghdad.
On top of that, since borders were opened between European Union countries, there has been an epidemic of criminal tourism from busloads of professional pickpockets around Christmas time to nomadic, non-indegenous travelling criminals who entered Europe hundreds of years ago. Their host governments issued them passports, in order to get rid of them. So, they moved westwards and camp in tolerant western France. From there, the take incursions into wealthier Germany and Switzerland, mostly sending their smaller children into narrow basement windows
Old November 29th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I lived in Italy 20 years ago and know exactly what you're talking about. One could see it coming back then.

Honestly, I'm very much in favor of the concept of the US as a "nation of [legal] immigrants" (all of my ancestors came over on one boat or another), but the immigration policies of most of the western European countries, which are not "nations of immigrants" (unless you count invasions) have always struck me as culturally, if not literally, suicidal.

Here in the US, we're in no position to say "You look like you should be an American, but you do not" (excluding the historical criteria of poor health or criminality, of course), and, in fact, the diversity of our population has helped us to win two world wars, but I see nothing to gain from Germany or Sweden or Italy or France filling itself up with people who are clearly not German or Swedish or Italian or French, and who have no desire to be, and then, worse yet, paying them all welfare to stay there.

In some European countries, by the way, what I just said would align me with the local fascist party, and potentially open me to prosecution for "hate speech."

- Eric
Old November 29th, 2013, 03:58 AM

Residing in Germany, I know exactly what you mean, concerning opinion-expression. What's mind-boggling is that it's not only Germany whose citizens had to surrender firearms and cap their speech. The governments of countries who were on the winning side rewarded their citizens likewise.
Each country's uniqueness always used to preserve itself, without outside intervention. In other words, the French mostly stayed in France, the Norwegians in Norway or the Brits in Britain. Each European country is so distinct, that fellow Europeans found it unbearable to reside in the other's country and submit to the other's mentality. In fact, the only people interested in entering Europe are those with absolutely no European roots whatsoever. As you mentioned, they only show up to take advantage of the perks which do not exist in their own countries of origin. The welfare is so generous, here, that people come over here to found large families. The more children a family has, the more lucrative it is to collect support and make a career from doing just that.
The reason for this is that the citizens were not asked to take part in designing the new post-war society, as they were clearing rubble. Instead, it was industry which lobbied government to recruit 3rd World labor to do the most monotonous and dangerous jobs. This had also a windfall effect on wages, keeping them comparatively low. Since this new workforce was completely diverse from their European counterparts, not to mention needing company sponsored translators to give instructions, this new workforce was maleable and lacked the self-confidence necessary for rebelling against absurd orders. The consequences of which were contempt for the host society and ghettoisation, all of which future generations will have to foot the bill. The demographic consequences will also be devastating, in that remote enclaves of indegenous citizens will be left to invent and conduct industry, much of how things are done in Zimbabwe and South Africa with the only difference being that those doing the farming and inventing are the ones who once invaded
Old November 29th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Killian_Mörder
The reason for this is that the citizens were not asked to take part in designing the new post-war society, as they were clearing rubble.
If I recall, they weren't exactly "asked." I believe that we "asked" them in about the same way that we "asked" them to stop shooting at us and go back to their own country, only at that point, they had gotten the idea that it was better to do as we "asked" them to. 1,200 calories a day didn't hurt in the "attitude adjustment" either. I'm half German, and I've gotta say that I feel no charity towards *****.

remote enclaves of indegenous citizens will be left to invent and conduct industry, much of how things are done in Zimbabwe and South Africa with the only difference being that those doing the farming and inventing are the ones who once invaded
Back in college I had a roommate and close friend who had had to leave Rhodesia with just a suitcase. His family may have been sixth generation colonizing SOBs, but they had a very productive farm and treated everyone in the area very well, regardless of what his great-great-grandparents may have done. I'm pretty sure that his country would be better off if his family were still living there.

- Eric
Old November 29th, 2013, 04:20 AM

If I recall, they weren't exactly "asked." I believe that we "asked" them in about the same way that we "asked" them to stop shooting at us and go back to their own country, only at that point, they had gotten the idea that it was better to do as we "asked" them to. 1,200 calories a day didn't hurt in the "attitude adjustment" either. I'm half German, and I've gotta say that I feel no charity towards *****...
The only reason they were shooting at U.S. troops was because Hitler declared war on the U.S., only because Japan did. The German generals were in disagreement with this stupid gesture and thereafter plotted his assassination of which I'm in total agreement. Had he been eliminated soon, many a German and American life would have been spared and the U.S. could have devoted full resources at the Asian front. Then again, Roosevelt could have ignored Hitler's declaration and just have laughed it off. There was no way the Germans could have pulled off a land invasion on American soil, anyway. I don't think they were even interested. It was just Hitler's devotion to keeping his side of the agreement with Japan, despite Japan going their own way without consulting the Germans

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; November 29th, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old November 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

The only reason they were shooting at U.S. troops was because Hitler declared war on the U.S., only because Japan did. The German generals were in disagreement with this stupid gesture and thereafter plotted his assassination of which I'm in total agreement. Had he been eliminated soon, many a German and American life would have been spared and the U.S. could have devoted full resources at the Asian front. Then again, Roosevelt could have ignored Hitler's declaration and just have laughed it off. There was no way the Germans could have pulled off a land invasion on American soil, anyway. I don't think they were even interested. It was just Hitler's devotion to keeping his side of the agreement with Japan, despite Japan going their own way without consulting the Germans
I agree with all of the above.

The Germans as a people had nothing against us (or the Brits), and we had nothing against them, either time, but their dingbat leaders had other ideas.

The thing that gets me is that not once, but TWICE they went after the UK (directly) and us (indirectly, through shipping), when they would probably have won if they'd just left us the heck alone (of course, the same is true for poking the bear).

Granted that both times the troublesome English insisted on sticking with that "piece of paper" (as I believe von Jagow called it) that obliged them to help their former enemy, France, and both times we did not feel comfortable leaving the British to their fate (and did not like our ships full of supplies for them getting torpedoed).

Still, I feel that Tom Lehrer's quote from the song "MLF Lullabye" from the early sixties encapsulated it nicely:
"We taught them a lesson in 1918, and they've hardly bothered us since then."

- Eric
Old November 29th, 2013, 02:20 PM
jfb

I say period use a hunting camera and present it to the police your butt is on the line over certain moves with them. i am sure all of you know what i mean and the police will take action on you for them by there standards. i would also make sure by all means to deter there actions as much as possible. i am a believer in texas laws about justice, i lived there for a while but up here the police take a different view about that.
Old December 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM

I lived in Italy 20 years ago and know exactly what you're talking about. One could see it coming back then...
Wow! If you thought it was bad, back then, you should see it now. It didn't take long for Italy to turn from a Paradise into a living Hell. There are still remote areas there where mostly elderly people stayed behind while their kids moved to urban centers to get work. These places are still decent. But, you'd have to be financially independent, so not to have to go urban yourself
...Honestly, I'm very much in favor of the concept of the US as a "nation of [legal] immigrants" (all of my ancestors came over on one boat or another)...
Beware of any Native American forum member answering your opinion
...but the immigration policies of most of the western European countries, which are not "nations of immigrants" (unless you count invasions) have always struck me as culturally, if not literally, suicidal...
Since most of these countries have joined the E.U., they have stepped in line with the Balkanization policies dictated, to various degrees. Hungary has offered the most resistance. In fact, the Balkan wars which preceeded WWI were started under similar circumstances resembling what Europe is now going through. The ruling entity, back then, was the Ottoman Empire which kept a lid on ethnic feuding, much like Tito did in the former Yugoslavia. However, the Ottoman Empire enforced peace through violence. Once the Russians finally freed the smaller Slavic bretheren nations from this 500 year occupation, these smaller nations started to restore their societies similar to what they once were. I don't know how good Google Translator is, concerning German (the Finnish version is virtually useless):Seite 3 von 3 | Balkankriege: Auftakt zum Großen Morden | ZEIT ONLINE

This 1912 photo features the introduction of the machine gun into European war theater. During the year following, modern artillery made its European debut in the Balkans:

Interesting parallels to present day neo-Ottoman occupation of western European countries of which either ignore the lessons taught by 500 years of Balkan yoke or put off paying the sanguine debt, leaving it for future generations to pay

...I see nothing to gain from Germany or Sweden or Italy or France filling itself up with people who are clearly not German or Swedish or Italian or French, and who have no desire to be, and then, worse yet, paying them all welfare to stay there...
Industry gains cheap labor and the taxpayer pays with money and blood. The following example is classified mostly under the latter:
A 23 year old German stundent from Rostock was viciously attacked by Turk and Bosnian invaders, as she was waiting for a subway home. Both took turns punching and kicking the girl in the abdomen and in the kidneys.
In the following photo, the Turk is seen attempting to kick her head. But, narrowly misses. Causing him to lose his balance.
The news was hushed for 6 months, before appearing last week. It is an election year. So, I can understand why accomplice parties would like to keep this type of news concealed until afterwards. So, for six months, women have been endangered, because those pulling the strings consider their political careers more important than the safety of commoners. Their own daughters take taxis to go places, while women of modest means are left to fend for themselves.
Another windfall of holding back news, which citizens of a supposed rule of law society have a right to know, is that outcry through public demonstration and riots are less likely during periods of cold weather.
Imagining those two attempting something like that 70 years ago. Those bystanders and involvement-avoiders would have lynched them or worse:

Rostocker Studentin in Berlin brutal zusammengetreten | Rostocker Journal

Forensic footage caught on surveillance video:

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; December 4th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:02 AM

The recent belief that all people are good people, and that all cultures and races and religions and creeds are good ones, is very much to blame for this.

If it's your life or limb, you are more important than your attacker is. Even if you got wrongfully convicted, you'd still have your health. If it's your property, it's only worth it to stop them in a way that is legally safe. I think it's horrible that, if you owned a nasty dog and it rightfully mauled an intruder, that you'd be in less trouble than if you beat him up, even though the nasty dog is a greater risk to society than you are.
Old December 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM

...In some European countries, by the way, what I just said would align me with the local fascist party, and potentially open me to prosecution for "hate speech."...
In those countries, "hate" seems to go one way. In this video, a host-hater picks on the littlest, most fray victim available, while others stand around filming and chatting. This happened in a once valiant society whose army once pushed the Soviets back to where they belonged:

Old January 9th, 2014, 04:56 PM

Well, perhaps the nieves are back.
I have not checked to see if the change is all missing again, but the heater control **** is broken off and no one in the family knows how that happened.
Old January 9th, 2014, 08:11 PM

Where PA is a very gun friendly state, Philadelphia County is the exact oppiste.

I live in a good neighborhood, a lot of cops and fire fighters live around me. Break into my house, the city will give that person a ride, too bad they won't enjoy it