The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Texas - the land of BIG and Plentiful

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2009 | 09:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
....(they ain't protected on my side of the fence)

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that. I detest snakes!

Crocodile with mango and basil sauce
300 g crocodile meat, cut into thin slices
30 g peanut oil
20 g basil leaves
20 g parsley
5 g garlic, chopped
20 ml white wine vinegar
200 ml olive oil
1 Bowen mango, stone removed and peeled
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat peanut oil in a frying pan, sauté seasoned crocodile pieces for about three
minutes then set aside and keep warm. Blend basil, garlic, parsley, vinegar and
olive oil in a food processor until smooth, set aside. Slice mango thinly and
arrange on plate. Place crocodile slices in the centre, drizzle basil sauce around the
plate and garnish with fresh herbs.

I had NO IDEA that crocs and gators had such a following in the culinary following. Truly inspiring. Col, one of these days, you gotta send us a recipe for dingo or joeys.
Old December 1st, 2009 | 10:57 PM
Registered

Crocpot

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Redgoat..... Do not give Allan R your password. It could be bad for your health... the flying monkeys could be unleashed.... worse than all that fried food Jamesbo eats.
I like pineapple, but never had it fried!
I'm so glad I've been pardoned for my crime, don't want to convict the wrong person.

I want Redgoats password.
I do like flying monkeys as Allan R said so I can be bought.
One thing has been bothering me, would flyng monkeysharks have monkey bodies and shark heads or shark bodies and monkey heads?

I stuck a foil Dynamat hat to my head and have condensors alligator clipped all over my body so I should be safe from any of Redgoat's interference now.

All these baby alligators clipped to me hurt but I can take it.
Good eat'n later, have recipes.

Col Wickhams recipe is real good but I mistook the "g's" for gallons and now I have enough food for everybody in town.
Do you know how hard it was to find 300 gallons of crocodile at midnight?
Thank goodness for 24 hour pet shops.

Well... I thought I was safe from him.

All I keep hearing over an over in my head is "Checkmate king two to blue leader".

Defcon 3 is now in effect, full Dynamat suit and a cable to a copper ground rod.
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 05:07 AM

"I like pineapple, but never had it fried"

Sandy, It's really not fried, it's more sauted in it's own juices and sorta carmelizeds and browned around the edges. It goes really well wwith Poke.

The butcher had whole bone in poke loins on sale, so I axed him to cut me some rally think poke chops. I like to marinate them in Italian salad dressing and grill them. Then I put a little water in a Dutch oven and pile the poke chops in to steam til it's time to searve. The water in the bottom makes a wonderful gravy to pour over your buttered rice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Picture 287.jpg (92.6 KB, 5 views)
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 06:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Bluevista
I'm so glad I've been pardoned for my crime, don't want to convict the wrong person.

I want Redgoats password.
I do like flying monkeys as Allan R said so I can be bought.
One thing has been bothering me, would flyng monkeysharks have monkey bodies and shark heads or shark bodies and monkey heads?

I stuck a foil Dynamat hat to my head and have condensors alligator clipped all over my body so I should be safe from any of Redgoat's interference now.

All these baby alligators clipped to me hurt but I can take it.
Good eat'n later, have recipes.

Col Wickhams recipe is real good but I mistook the "g's" for gallons and now I have enough food for everybody in town.
Do you know how hard it was to find 300 gallons of crocodile at midnight?
Thank goodness for 24 hour pet shops.

Well... I thought I was safe from him.

All I keep hearing over an over in my head is "Checkmate king two to blue leader".

Defcon 3 is now in effect, full Dynamat suit and a cable to a copper ground rod.

You just crack me up!!! Baby alligators clipped to you... mmm...mmm...mmm
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 06:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... I love the way you talk! Poke...LOL!! The pineapple sounds good!
I just had my usual english muffin and container of yogurt for breakfast, and now I'm hungry again. That thar "poke" chop looks delicious!!!!!!
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 06:50 AM

English Mac Muffins

English Muffins

OOOOH ! OOOOOH ![said like in "Car 54 Where are you"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWMAv0yYpVo

I just love to make GOOD English Mac Muffins

English muffins toasted with
Canadian bacon
and Boar's head Canadian Cheddar [melted]

Yummy
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 07:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

You're killin me, bud! Sounds soooo good!

Thomas' cinnamon raisin english muffin w/ very little butter... 100 calories
Yoplait Light fat free strawberries and bananas yogurt... 100 calories
less than 5 mg cholesterol!!!

Boring, I know... but healthy!
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 07:39 AM

So you want to eat healthy? yawn

In the morning get out your blender, toss in some plain yogurt, a banana, and some fresh pineapple, hit puree- not bad but not as good as poke sausage on a cat head buttermillk buscuit.[made with lard of course]

FYI To clean the stupid thing just put some dish soap in the blender with hot water and hit puree again-Volia

Sorta of inside dishwasher.
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 08:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

You're funny!!! I don't have a blender. God I love buttermilk biscuits.... Damn I'm hungry! *Gets out Newtons Fruit Crisp apple cinnamon bar... 50 calories....
Would rather have biscuit dripping w/ butter!*
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 10:09 AM
Registered

No blender Sandy?
They have a Santa working the Bass Pro Shops as seen on TV.
The home of the "Bass-O-Matic blender".
Just go sit on his lap and ask him for one Sandy, he knows how much ladies love small kitchen appliances for Xmas.

My belly is a gnawin' and a cravin' now.

I went to get some cold pizza left over from last night and it was gone.
I looked around and saw a crust in a dog bowl so she must have given it to the mutts for breakfast. I ate it.

I did finally find my wife's "secret" old family recipe while looking for a small morsel to eat, luckily it had the web address on the corner of the page so I just went to the site and copied and pasted it to here.

"Flying" Monkey Bread

(recipe may be doubled depending on the bundt pan)

Flour, for pan
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
30 buttermilk canned refrigerator biscuits
1 stick butter, plus more for pan
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup walnuts

Directions

Butter and flour a bundt pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut refrigerator biscuits in half and toss in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Melt the 1 stick of butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar and bring to a boil; then add nuts. Line the bundt pan with biscuits and pour butter mixture over them.

Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the pan when it's still hot to avoid sticking.

To serve tear off bite sized pieces with fingers and throw at other diner's mouths in rapid succession, if dining alone throw in air and catch with own mouth.

Last edited by Bluevista; December 2nd, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 10:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

You are funny!! You ate the crust??? You ain't right! LOL!! Flying monkey bread is from Laura's side of the family, huh? Mmmmmm.... it sounds soooo good! I love things with cinnamon in them! I probably gained 10 lbs. just reading this thread today!! Gotta stop it!
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 11:22 AM
Registered

You are funny!! You ate the crust??? You ain't right! LOL!! Flying monkey bread is from Laura's side of the family, huh? Mmmmmm.... it sounds soooo good! I love things with cinnamon in them! I probably gained 10 lbs. just reading this thread today!! Gotta stop it!
I had to fight one of the mongrels off to get to the delicious crust.

That monkey bread is good.
The flying part is my added option.

It will stick to nearly anything so aim carefully.
I really should go scrape some off the dining room ceiling for a snack before the ants get all of it.

She claims the recipe is an old one from her family.
Is "Thefoodnetwork" a German or Scottish name???

Mightaswell follow up with my final recipe, amateurs can get in real trouble messing around with food.
Plus it was with that other one.
Here's another couple of hundred pounds Sandy.

The Three Stooge's Gorilla with Tommy-Gun Bread
AKA Gorilla Bread

(recipe may be doubled depending on the bundt pan):

Flour, for pan

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon cinnamon

20 buttermilk canned refrigerator biscuits

8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes

1 stick butter, melted, plus more for pan

1 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 cups walnuts

Butter and flour a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine sugar and cinnamon. Separate biscuits and flatten each slightly with your hand. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and sugar mixture onto each biscuit. Place one cube of cream cheese in center of biscuit and fold in half to resemble a half moon. Melt the 1 stick of butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar and bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Place 1/2 cup nuts on the bottom of the bundt pan and then line the pan with a row of cream cheese filled biscuits. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Drizzle half of the butter mixture on top and then repeat steps, beginning with nuts.

Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the pan when it's still hot to avoid sticking.

Old December 2nd, 2009 | 11:40 AM

What's fer dinner?

I thought you'd never ask.

It's a rainy day 'ere in de sunny south and I need some "Comfort food."

I gonna go kick the mutt out of my favorite chair and sit by de wood stove cause it's downright "dank" [That's southern fer cold/wet]

Cutlasgal, Bluevister and Redgoat are gonna half to yack with Mr. Ed or Leo in my office. [Thy're tired of the weather also. ] I gave them de password. But they're P.O'd cause "Quick Links" still ain't werk'in.

GTG cause I'm tired of watching junk float around in the yard.

Bangers and Mashed

4 Sausage links [ I like mild Italian but it’s not the “Bangers” of British pub tradition]

1 Onion

Mashed potatoes

Cook mashed potatoes with cream and butter [Anyone who used boxed potatoes will be haunted]

In a skillet grill slice onions until they caramelize

Grill sausages then add to pan with caramelized onion and a little water to steam

Remove sausages and onion and deglaze the pan scrapping up all the little bits on onion and sausage to make gravy.

Serve mashed potatoes with sausages on top with gravy ladled over.

OR

You can butterfly the sausages

In a casserole dish pour in some gravy, stack on butter flied sausages, and cover with mash potatoes. Then brown them in the oven. This is the more traditional British Pub style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Picture 288.jpg (101.2 KB, 6 views)
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 12:00 PM
Cutlass Lover

Stop it guys!!!! Monkey bread... gorilla bread.... baked goods are my weakness... you're killin me.... now I....must....be....strong.... - must....go....home....and....work...out. It's a good thing I don't have a bundt pan either!

Jamesbo... you sure eat a lot of sausage!
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 12:28 PM
Registered

Sandy's, just go buy a box of Tastycakes and a gallon of milk and wolf them down, mmm, mmm, mmm.
It's the holiday season.

Pssst, Mr. Ed...Leo....be discreet... don't perk your ears up and look obvious...what's the real story with that bear???.

Would you two like to audition for my Benny Hill chase tribute movie?

I know Mr Ed has stage experience so don't get a longer face if I dont pick you for a starring role Leo.
I'm also doing a West Side story remake and need a couple of good hoofers.
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 01:20 PM
Cutlass Lover

No Tastycakes! I've already started baking my cookies for Christmas, and making fudge! Too much sugar in the house! My favorite cookies are the peanut butter blossoms.. with the Hershey's Kiss in the middle! Yummmm!! I only make them once a year!

Larry likes the iced sugar cut out cookies. I hate making those... time consuming!

Leo and Mr. Ed said they would like to be in the Benny Hill movie. But we have to give them lots of oats and sugar cubes. I think they would be a great addition!
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 03:05 PM
Registered

No Tastycakes! I've already started baking my cookies for Christmas, and making fudge! Too much sugar in the house! My favorite cookies are the peanut butter blossoms.. with the Hershey's Kiss in the middle! Yummmm!! I only make them once a year!

Larry likes the iced sugar cut out cookies. I hate making those... time consuming!

Leo and Mr. Ed said they would like to be in the Benny Hill movie. But we have to give them lots of oats and sugar cubes. I think they would be a great addition!

Peanut butter blossoms w/ Hershey's kiss in the middle, home-made fudge, sugar cookies???
All are excellent but if you combine them all and deep fry them you'll have a very special treat.

I paint engines for food.

I think that Mr. Ed and Leo would like some cookies too, send them some in an unmarked package, they'll have to make a stash so somebody doesn't get 'em.

Does Larry prefer one shape's taste over another??
I like the snowmen or the stars, the Christmas trees just don't taste the same.
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 06:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

The Christmas trees just have that piney taste, huh? LOL! Larry likes all of them. I make homemade cookies for painted engines.... especially beautiful Olds gold painted engines!!! I have to make chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin ones too.

I package them up and give them to family and friends. I always take a tray to work for the office and a tray for the guys in the shop. I end up with very few cookies in the house, which is a good thing, and I don't keep any fudge. It's so good, but it is sooo rich! My sister and nephew request a batch of fudge every year for their birthdays.

I will pack up some cookies for Mr. Ed and Leo.... I'll send them in care of the bear! I hope they can stash them or they'll end up getting fried... in lard! What ya want to bet that we'll be seeing a recipe soon???
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 07:01 PM
GM Enthusiast

My favorite cookies are the peanut butter blossoms.. with the Hershey's Kiss in the middle! Yummmm!! I only make them once a year!
Mmmmmm. Sounds good to me, Christmas at Sandy's house!
Old December 2nd, 2009 | 07:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

They are good!!! I'll make some for dessert at the engine paintin party we're gonna be havin! Y'all come... the more, the merrier!
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 04:09 AM

"Jamesbo... you sure eat a lot of sausage!"

My dear departed mother used to say, "It's not what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Years Day that counts, it's what you eat between News Years Day and Thanksgiving that really matters."

I'm having Deer for breakfast

http://www.snotr.com/video/2772

Bluevister-Cutlasgal,

Ya'll [That's southern for yous guys] ever made Parmesan Regiana cookies?

Ya gotta use the fresh graded kind. That can stuff is garbage.

Finely grade some fresh parmesan Regiana cheese

Just make little flat piles on a cookie sheet and bake until they're a little crunchy.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

Sorry, I can not assit you in the sweets department. They only thing I bake is bread. I get all my sugar in liquid form. [with Ice] after 5:00 somewhere in the world.

I did steal a wonderful Triffle recipe from Paula Dean. It's great for a Thansgiving or Christmas desert

.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 06:09 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
"I like pineapple, but never had it fried"

Sandy, It's really not fried, it's more sauted in it's own juices and sorta carmelizeds and browned around the edges. It goes really well wwith Poke.

The butcher had whole bone in poke loins on sale, so I axed him to cut me some rally think poke chops. I like to marinate them in Italian salad dressing and grill them. Then I put a little water in a Dutch oven and pile the poke chops in to steam til it's time to searve. The water in the bottom makes a wonderful gravy to pour over your buttered rice.

I still can't get over the fact that you axed your butcher must of been something he said
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 06:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny Wolfie!!!!

Jamesbo... I like your mothers saying!!! Melted cheese cookies... I dunno!!
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 09:08 AM

Well ya got me a think'in bout sausage

I've had some country smoked sausage and some Italian sausage but I haven't had any boudin in a while.

I wonder what ever happened to that member who bought the 69 H/O clone that had a rusted out frame. I think he was a minister or sum'in. He and I were the only two people on the forum who knew the word "Laguiappe"

I bet he could help me locate some really good boudin. Or I could go to Google me up sum.

cutlasgal- it ain't a "melted cheese cookie" it's more of a toasted cheese cookie. And, I guarantee you'll love them

Wolfman-I'll try to not obfuscate you no more, but English is my exigency de jour I'll ax fer sum help with it to eschew the muddlement.
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 09:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... you got some 'splainin to do! What the heck does that last sentence mean? You use some fancy wording!!!
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 10:52 AM

Sauage, Bacon, you can make any meal better by using either or both. Go well with any other kind of meat or alone or for a snack or for desert. My wife makes the best Cajun Jambalaya, shrimp, chicken, Medium hot Sauage. God now I'm drooling on my keyboard.
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Sauage, Bacon, you can make any meal better by using either or both. Go well with any other kind of meat or alone or for a snack or for desert. My wife makes the best Cajun Jambalaya, shrimp, chicken, Medium hot Sauage. God now I'm drooling on my keyboard.

What's here favorite place to buy boudin?
Is she from Louisiana?
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 11:07 AM
Registered

Who Stole the Kishka?

sniff..snort...sniff...do I smell bacon???

Sausage?
That's the stuff with gristle hunks in it you eat for breakfast and what you get on pizza right?

That's Kielbasa and Kishka in these here certain-ethnicski northern state parts and we eat it for dinner with sauerkraut and pierogies.

Grabbink a girlchik and Polka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmLXrMv4-c

The cop needs to be in the movie.
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 11:07 AM

We have a local butcher that been in business for over 30+ years makes all his own sausage http://www.yelp.com/biz/double-d-d-m...ntlake-terrace

We buy most all of our meats from him
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 11:31 AM

Ya'll think I talk funny?

Casual el fresco dining a la Louisiana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9-P...eature=channel

Why do you have a bathtub in your yard? Why to hold the 40 pounds of mud puppies of course.
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 11:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

....Grabbink a girlchik and Polka!

Oh My God.... That video was funny!!! I danced the polka one time... swore I'd never do it again!
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 12:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... I like the way you talk... I just don't understand some of the things you say! LOL! I would not have put my hands in to that bathtub full of crabs.. that was gross! They call them mud puppies??

I like shrimp and scallops... deep fried of course!!! My favorite at Red Lobster! I don't like lobster much, and I probably wouldn't eat anything I have to take out of it's shell like on that video!
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 12:25 PM

HTML Code:
I don't like lobster much
You haven't ever had my lobster pot pie or lobster rolls.

Now Sandy,

I've not mentioned the 710 thing ere cause I likes ya.

BUT dem ain't crabs. Them is crawfish [a.k.a mud puppies]
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 01:28 PM
Cutlass Lover

What's the difference???
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 01:41 PM

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

ere ah............................ere ah

Redgoat help me out ere
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 02:05 PM

They're small and cute like Sandy not big and ugly like redgoat
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 03:03 PM
Registered

Ha-ha Redgoat!

I thought mud puppies were catfish?
I'll admit it, my hair was yellow-blond when I was a kid and I have blue eyes.
Another guy like me was given a hard time, is it tomatoe or tomato???

A crab is that thing in your avatar that say "I pinch" Sandy.
Crawfish look like little lobsters and Granny raises them in the ce-ment pond, they pinch too.

710 was the 711 store name before they stayed opened another hour.
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 05:19 PM
Cutlass Lover

Quote:

Thanks Citcapp!! oooohhh... dissed Redgoat! Thanks so much for the lesson in Crawfish 101 - I must have been havin a blonde moment! Your eyes are blue?? Ya had on dark glasses when I saw you! Sure it's not Bluevista with the blue eyes? I would think yours would be brown, you're so full of.......... knowledge!

I never heard of anything called a mud puppie before today! I still wouldn't want to eat those crawcrabs!

Is a crawfish the same thing as a crawdad?
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 06:12 PM
Registered

Quote:

Thanks Citcapp!! oooohhh... dissed Redgoat! Thanks so much for the lesson in Crawfish 101 - I must have been havin a blonde moment! Your eyes are blue?? Ya had on dark glasses when I saw you! Sure it's not Bluevista with the blue eyes? I would think yours would be brown, you're so full of.......... knowledge!

I never heard of anything called a mud puppie before today! I still wouldn't want to eat those crawcrabs!

Is a crawfish the same thing as a crawdad?

Crawcrabs???
Very interesting.

Redgoat has T-3 eyes.

Really weird looking but he has some of those day-glo orange snake eye contact lenses so he looks perfectly normal.

I kept my shades on???
I guess was in the state of 'cognito just in case I didn't want you to recognize me again after we met Sandy... you passed.

I just asked my wife what a mud puppy was and she said it was one of those fish that walks on the mud.
I said "A mudskipper?" and she said "No, one of those fish that walks on the mud".
Old December 3rd, 2009 | 06:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Quick Reply: Texas - the land of BIG and Plentiful