The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

“Sweethearts and Orphans” Car show in Waxahachie Tx today

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2022, 05:41 PM

“Sweethearts and Orphans” Car show in Waxahachie Tx today

Hope this is an ok spot to post show coverage. Only heard about this show a couple weeks ago here on the board and had to check it out this morning. Lots of Oldsmobiles, as expected! I believe the North Texas Olds Club was out in force.

This one was owned by a Kenny Furnell. I didn’t stay long and never saw anyone hag ing out with the car. Do you NTOC guys know if he is related to a Bill Furnell? My dad used to work with Bill who I always heard was a big Olds guy.

I really really loved this ‘62 Starfire. What a car!!

Old March 5th, 2022, 07:48 PM
Banned

Great pictures. Thanks so much for posting them. Man those first two rag tops are super nice cars. I Love seeing a four door getting some love also. My grandpa had a 70 Cutlass four door.

Tell my friends over at Dart container in Waxahachie I send Colorado love.
Old March 5th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Administrator

I've always loved that show, you get to see a lot of beautiful and obscure cars.
Old March 5th, 2022, 10:25 PM

Here are some of the non-Olds’

Old March 6th, 2022, 03:52 AM
Bfg

Thanks for the show, outstanding Automobiles!
Old March 6th, 2022, 04:40 AM

Thanks for the pics, always a good show..
Old March 6th, 2022, 07:31 AM

That's nice. Different kinds of cars and people than mustang/chevelle/camaro/corvette/cuda/roadrunner/charger shows.
Old March 6th, 2022, 07:35 AM
Banned

Thanks for adding more pictures. When is the last time you saw an early Capri? Looks like the six cylinder version also. I had I think a 76?
Old March 6th, 2022, 08:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Kenny is Bill's son. They are really good folks and Bill has been an Oldsmobile guy all his life. His dad had Oldsmobiles. I sold that 54 to Kenny about six weeks ago. The 75 Hurst Olds is mine and I bought it from another NTOC member in October. NTOC always turns out for this show. We have some members with some very nice cars. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old March 6th, 2022, 08:36 AM

Beautiful cars. Thank you for sharing pics of the other brands that you don't see everyday.
Old March 6th, 2022, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Kenny is Bill's son. They are really good folks and Bill has been an Oldsmobile guy all his life. His dad had Oldsmobiles. I sold that 54 to Kenny about six weeks ago. The 75 Hurst Olds is mine and I bought it from another NTOC member in October. NTOC always turns out for this show. We have some members with some very nice cars. Thanks for posting the pictures.
I figured that was the case, thanks Glenn! It was a great turnout and every car was worth checking out. I am excited for the Memorial show in May. Not sure I'll have an Olds to bring, but might be able to limp the '64 there and back.
Old March 6th, 2022, 12:34 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

We will be glad to have you. It will be a good time. I think the weather affected the turnout this year which is often the case with this show. The last I saw was AACA had 86 cars registered and I don't think they were close to that number. You can see some stuff at this show like that Cord you never see at other shows. For years this show was put on by the Hudson Terraplane Club. I think they probably got to old to put it on.
Old March 6th, 2022, 06:59 PM

For years this show was put on by the Hudson Terraplane Club. I think they probably got to old to put it on.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I thought it had been the Graham Nash folks, regardless the same reasons. 🙂 I absolutely love the style of the Packards and makes me miss James Hollingworth’s hospitality. Also fond of the AMC’s though not convinced on a Mustang inspired deck spoiler. Regrettably, I was stuck tiling a bathroom all weekend!😓
Old March 6th, 2022, 08:35 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

That Studebaker next to me was an incredible car. It had and extraordinary interior in all leather in it and it had an LS1 in it. It was a restormod but he said they let him enter because it looked stock with the hood closed. Very nice car. The guy has a 69 Hurst Olds that had a recent engine fire.
Old March 7th, 2022, 05:44 AM
Administrator

In the past they would frown on cars that were not pure stock but wouldn't prevent anyone from entering.
Old March 14th, 2022, 10:19 PM

Thanks for the Pics !!!! I enjoyed the AMC pics I was a tech. at a AMC dealer in Blue Island Il. in the 70's I worked on them all
Rambler Americans , Gremlins Javelins, Ambassadors and Matadors ! did you know there were 4 door Matadors ? completely different body style than the 2 door The Blue Island police dept had a fleet of the 4 door Matadors with the (6.6 liter) 401(they would fly )
that 2 door Matador looked like it would be equally at home in the water !! thanks for the memory !!!
Old March 15th, 2022, 04:48 AM

Thanks for sharing. My dad; Oldsguy, should have gone. He lives a stone's throw from downtown Waxahachie. Now if only I can convince him to buy another Oldsmobile.