The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Rolling Hills Corning car show

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2016, 10:10 AM

Rolling Hills Corning car show

I did the Rolling Hills car show Saturday (about 200 cars) and and was surprised after I signed up that it was a points judging type show. Haven't done a points show in a few years and the car wasn't really set up for that forum but I was there and I mostly go for the social part of the show anymore so what the hay. I still had my Betty Boop floor mats, radial wide whits and host of other fun stuff that I wouldn't have on the car if I was really serious about showing but it's a Oldsmobile (one of only two there) and few know what is correct or of era so I just let it ride as if it were a A&W show and shine. Got a first in class, quite a surprise, beat out a very nice 52 Concourse quality 52 Chevy. and a 56 Crown Vic. Sometimes a blind hog finds the acorn. Good thing I wasn't a judge..... Tedd
Old June 14th, 2016, 04:15 AM
car nut farmer

Good work.
Old June 14th, 2016, 07:15 AM

Thanks, it always make you wonder why you win, car judging is such a subjective thing even with a points system. I should have lost to both of those cars if the judging was any where near top notch, both cars though very correct were drab in color (factory colors) and or a four door which shouldn't matter in points judging but it did this Saturday. The awards you get don't matter much compaired to the friends you make and the people you make happy with your car.
I consider this a great show with good public attendance. I probably had five different people take pictures of their kids setting behind the wheel of the Old's, put a smile on everyone, some awards you just can't put on the wall..... Tedd
Old June 14th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Randy C.

That's neat! Ever since I saw your car at the Reno OCA Nationals in 2011, I've thought it to be a special one...no particular reason other that it really grabs my eye!

Randy C.