The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Nicole wrecks a chebby

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys!! I got copies of all the paperwork from the insurance agent yesterday, showing the check and letter they sent to the bank paying off the car. I also got my check. Now I'll call the dealership tomorrow afternoon and find out if they called Fidelity about the service contract. Also got the new insurance bills that are due in February.... it went up four hundred and some dollars. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still may switch companies. I told Nicole she has to pay that $400 difference.

Ken.... believe me, I was so thankful I wasn't planning her funeral last week. I'm grateful that things turned out like they did, since it had to happen in the first place. I truly hope she learned from this and never does it again.
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM
...should get a life....

Sounds like everything's falling into place Sandy,....that's great
Cheers
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I still may switch companies. I told Nicole she has to pay that $400 difference.
The insurance treated VERY fairly! Why change companies?
The new one will have the accident details and your still on the hook for FIVE YEARS!

Thank God that all turned out well!

--Don
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

I was looking in to switching companies before this accident Don, because of the price. Cincinnati Insurance is very expensive. If I can get the same coverage as I have now for less money, I'm all for it. I thank God I never had to use insurance in all the years I've been driving. I'm sure I've paid in to them what they paid out for the car, lol!
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

I was looking in to switching companies before this accident Don, because of the price. Cincinnati Insurance is very expensive
I didn't know that. I was with Allstate for over 25 years and they kept going up every year! I switched to Traveler's. Try them. Cheaper than anyone around here!

--Don
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:05 AM

.....I don't have Geico.
Lucky you.
BEWARE of their stupid low-ball online quotes. Last week my ladyfriend got a quote for $255 for 6 months and when she bought it, the price went up to 685! Apparently they factor in all accidents, even ones that were not her fault and OTHER insurance companies paid in full! (Such as someone backing into her car in a parking lot.) She did use hers for a hit and run incident oncle, but 3x the quote price??
There is a reason why an ugly, slimy, color changing lizard is their mascot.

I can still go with State Farm - where I got that less expensive quote from
Try them and see. I have had good price and service from them, despite using it a couple times on minor damage from road debris and another company paying when i got backed into.
However they cost more for the house than other places.

Also got the new insurance bills that are due in February.... it went up four hundred and some dollars. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still may switch companies. I told Nicole she has to pay that $400 difference.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

I made Nicole give me her bank card this morning, and I stopped on my way to work and took $460 out of her account for the insurance. The bill is due in February. So at least that one will be paid. Then she can start saving towards the next one due in August, unless I switch between now and then.

When you dance, you gotta pay the fiddler.........