The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Nicole Gets A Chebby!

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Nicole Gets A Chebby!

Well "we" became Chebby owners over the weekend. No stripes either, lol!! Just a cute plain little 2007 Colbalt. No power anything - manual door locks and window cranks and seats. It's silver with the gray interior.

Cloth interior - no floor mats. I went out and bought a set last evening. It's a one owner car, clean car fax, 39,000 miles. Got it for right around $8,000, but after tax, title and all the other crap it was closer to $11,000.

I co-signed for her. Didn't want to, but she's running the pizz outa my Oldsmobile! So anyhow, it's done. Her first car. She is proud! As long as she makes the payments, all is good. I have to call the Ins. co. at lunch time - I forgot the paperwork to the car this morning so I don't have the info to give them until I go home and get it. I put the car in my name, so hopefully the rates will be affordable. I did find out my credit score at the dealership, which made me happy!

So here are some pics!

NicolegetsaChebby001.jpg

NicolegetsaChebby002.jpg

NicolegetsaChebby003.jpg

NicolegetsaChebby004.jpg

NicolegetsaChebby005.jpg
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:24 AM

Basic car, best way to start less problems with gizmo's
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Registered

Colbalt??
Tell Nicole congratulations!
Also tell her "Operation get Mom to buy me a car" that she was telling me about at the Olds show went well.
Where's the big red bow?, or does she expect Christmas presents too?
You'll be able to bond more closely with you two contantly cleaning and waxing your cars and going on shopping trips to buy them stuff together.
Good choice, those are really nice cars and about all they ever need is normal routine maintenance.

The Prettiest One II.

Last edited by Bluevista; December 20th, 2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up, lol!!! Thanks!! It is a nice little car for her. You know with me as her mom, it will be staying clean and nice. Soooo..... she was conspiring at the Olds show, huh? Thanks for letting me know you shi*! LOL!
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM

Looks like one of us is a stalker. You have an Intrigue, I have an Intrigue, Your first born has a 2007 Cobalt, my first born has a 2007 Cobalt (2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged 5 spd with leather and pw, pd and sunroof) but a Cobalt none the less. My oldest son, whose name is Nicolas by the way, bought his Cobalt brand new in 2007 when he was 22.

I bought Nicolas his first car when he was 16. He traded up. Alexander, my second born, is getting the Intrigue as his first car once he gets his license and a job so he can pay the ($150/mo) insurance. The car will still be in my name for insurance purposes.

Josh, my youngest wants a 1966-67 Mustang as a first car, hahahaha! He's 13 so we have some time.

Well congratulations and good luck with the new car. I hope Nicole enjoys it and hope she appreciates what a good mom she has. If you're out looking for another car please post. I'm curious to know what kind of car I'll be getting next.

Last edited by 442much; December 20th, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:35 AM

in't nuttin wrong wit a chebby.. I own 2 of them. (the title's are in my posession)
I have a 1996 Burban Used for towin.
and a 1994 Cavalier.. Used as my DD..and abused by delivering Pizza in it.
The wife drives a 2006 Grand Caravan (bank still has that title)
and of course the OLDS
Old December 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
...should get a life....

That's a lovely little first car Sandy. Nicole should be thrilled. No power options = less problems like Pat says. Low miles, only 3 years old...she's a lucky kid. I'm sure there's an engine under all that plastic (looks like my VW)
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:13 AM
Registered

Hey Sandy, as new car owner Nicole needs to be initiated, send her to the parts store for a chrome 710 cap for the Coolbolt.
Tell her to pick some of this stuff up too.

BlinkFluid.jpg
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys! It is a nice little car. I put the floor mats in it last night. Bought her a snowbrush. My insurance is going up $767.00 a year...... ouch! Good thing it has a small gas tank..... gas went up around here to $3.05 yesterday!

Blue..... do you know what kind of fun I could have with her and her knowing nothing about cars??? I could traumatize her for life, lol!! I should send her for some of that blinker fluid.......
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:49 AM

Wher'e the pic of the back seat? That's real important to a young lady's popularity?
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Thanks guys! It is a nice little car. I put the floor mats in it last night. Bought her a snowbrush. My insurance is going up $767.00 a year...... ouch! Good thing it has a small gas tank..... gas went up around here to $3.05 yesterday!

Blue..... do you know what kind of fun I could have with her and her knowing nothing about cars??? I could traumatize her for life, lol!! I should send her for some of that blinker fluid.......
Then you'ld better tell her that she shouldn't be driving the car with summer air in the tires. The tires should be bled flat, and only fully approved top grade winter air should be put in.
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Wher'e the pic of the back seat? That's real important to a young lady's popularity?
LOL. Spoken like a true guy remembering his first car. You're lucky Sandy doesn't live closer...or you'd have to wear a hardhat for the week just to be safe.
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:05 AM

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/spoiled-kid-3689
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM

Perfect, that kid would last about 10 seconds around me and he would be stuffed in a garbage can.
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Don't fall for it, that was all a set-up IMO.
Skippy would of taken out the glass if he was really mad.
I'd drive that truck anywhere, I'm not proud, wheels are wheels.
The little punk rich kids from the good side of the tracks where I grew up all had 442's.

A knew a guy, still do, who took a claw hammer to his cherry '66 Nova, it was pro-street before there was such a thing, all because his mom yelled at him. The same day he attempted to rob a bank and the bank tellers just laughed at him. The cops picked him up from the bank and took him home, he was just sitting there on the curb pouting when they got there, how humiliating.
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo..... the back seat in that car is no where near the size of the one in the Cutlass, lol!!! Thank God!!!!!! Times - they are a changin!!

I would have taken the bat from that kid and called the cops on him. Ungrateful little shi*! Looks like they have some nice vehicles there....... my old Olds' always got me where I needed to go. That's what was important!! I washed and waxed around the rust and was proud, lol!