The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We got the cow on the flat rock out here this morning. Temps in the low 60's. I think it's supposed to maybe clear up later this afternoon. Who knows!

Clint...... Hello..... my name Peggy. Gorgeous country!! Very beautiful. Our trees are just now starting to turn here. Thanks for the pics. I'm gonna ask..... why is it called the ceremony?

I schleped containers down the stairs and into the breezeway last night. The cat didn't like it, lol. It sprinkled a little while I was doing it.

Jamesbo...... I still have like hundreds of green cherry maters on my plants! I hate to pull them out, but the maters ain't ever gonna get ripe now. I don't understand why they seem to all be out now, when they've had all summer to be out and be ripe. It seems they were only here and there all summer, now the plants are loaded?

I'm gonna pull them out this weekend, and the beans, then till up my little space some for next year's garden. Gonna dig me another space up too.

Clay is back today so it's a little noisier in here today, lol. Had a few calls. Yesterday I actually dozed in the afternoon, it was so quiet and boring.

I have to go see Dr. Bressi at 5:00. Just a follow up so I can tell her what Dr. cha ching Banks said, lol. I'm gonna ask her about the pain under and in my shoulder blades while I'm there. They've hurt since June, and I don't know why, and I'm really tired of it!!

Well you all have a great hump day!
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:55 AM

Sandy, Like I said befo, PUT green maters in a shoe box in de dark wit an apple, de will ripen.
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM

That Colorado scenery sure looks spectacular! They have been talking about high pork prices on the local news, as it is putting a strain on local restaurants, forcing them to raise prices, and they indicated that there may be a bacon shortage...why? because the corn is going to the ethylnol producers, and the ethylnol folks are paying more for the corn, of course we will pay at the pump for something that is not needed nor wanted. Speaking of ethylnol, my new snow blower included a small packet of Sta-Bil to add to my blower's gas, and has an "no E85" icon on the gas cap. You would think that the small engine manufacturers would design their engines to run on this stuff, as we ain't getting away from this anytime soon.
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I'm gonna ask..... why is it called the ceremony?

Hmmmm... Why to they call it a wedding ceremony...?

Maybe because the term 'Funeral procession' was already taken?
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
That Colorado scenery sure looks spectacular! They have been talking about high pork prices on the local news, as it is putting a strain on local restaurants, forcing them to raise prices, and they indicated that there may be a bacon shortage...why? because the corn is going to the ethylnol producers, and the ethylnol folks are paying more for the corn, of course we will pay at the pump for something that is not needed nor wanted. Speaking of ethylnol, my new snow blower included a small packet of Sta-Bil to add to my blower's gas, and has an "no E85" icon on the gas cap. You would think that the small engine manufacturers would design their engines to run on this stuff, as we ain't getting away from this anytime soon.
I "THINK" its the plastic gas tanks and utter parts is what ethonol distroys.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!! Clint..... I forgot you were at a wedding when you said you'd take pics. I thought you were calling one of the mountain formations or something 'the ceremony', lol. I know in the west they have names for buttes, mountains, etc...
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone

No scattered covered for me today, I just got up. Oddly enough both dogs decided, at different times, they wanted to be up on the bed with me, so with the jumping up and down I didn't get alot of extra sleep. Hopefully I won't be a zombie at work tonight.

Clint that is God's country for sure. First time I was in Colorado was 1981 and I was sure I wanted to live there. Of course I was just a kid. Last time I was out there visiting my buddy he and his wife almost had me convinced to move out there. Trouble is, I know someone who works at DIA and he said winter is brutal out there. I'm supposed to go out there for a visit here in the next few weeks.

Jamesbo the gas tanks in some of the new cars these days are made out of plastic. Helped a guy take a tank down from a late 90s Tahoe. Still heavy and awkward.

I think today must be the perfect day. Low 70s, not humid, sunny, everything is green and the lake is calm. Well, it's a perfect day in my back yard. I haven't ventured out yet today.

Okay gotta get something done before it's time for work. See you's.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Wednesday to you!

Just got a call from AD that the 10 bolt ring/pinion won't fit my diff. Strange - it was supposed to have come from a 71 Cutlass S. Apparently the pinion is way to small for the yoke. Luckily I also have a set of 3:42's so I pulled them and will be on my way shortly.

Clint - I see a short lifespan ahead of you if your wife ever starts reading this forum.....

Mike & Jamesbo - they are NOT plastic gas tanks. I got corrected on this too. They are PLATIC. Cause that's how the guy I was talking to says it......Platic smatick. Does it hold gas? That's the bottom line for me. And yes, some forms of platic are not only strong, but can be fairly heavy.

Dan - a lot of them say that. I got fuel stabilizer with my lawn mower and weed wacker. Have a bottle of it in the garage for the car too. I think they put 'no E85' on the small engines because they sell more of them than cars, and not all areas of the US have E85. New cars on the other hand can run on either....Try that with bio diesel sometimes. I don't know much about diesel engines, but I'd bet the new low sulphur bio diesels would puke their guts or emissions out with normal diesel.
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Always room for one more

Monday Monday! Well, as it were.

Time for work! I didn't get squat done today. That's okay, I don't usually expect to on my first day back. Hopefully this week will be a good one.

Just wanted to check in and say howdy, and see ya. Hope everyone has a good evening and a great tomorrow.
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

All of this talk about ethanol in gas so I'll contribute. I've had problems with all of my small engines due to this gas, whether it be plastic, platic or metal tanks. It seems that every time I want to start the tiller, pressure washer or the such, I have to rebuild the carb So the best thing to do is to look for your local Pure gas station, fill up there and only use their gas in everything you own. Here is a list of ethanol free gas stations in the US and yes Allan even Canada http://pure-gas.org/

Yall have a wondermous day
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter pretty one down ere

Scot, I wit cha. I got one gas station dat sells gas w/o dat crap in it. I use it in mowers, blowers,weed whackers, tillers, chain saws, log splitters, pressure washers and my BOAT.

Allen, I gots a pile of rear ends down ere dat I'm not sure what year they're from. Too lazy and blind to clean dem off and look dem up. But if an Olds A body part I keep it fer sumone who may need it.

Sandy, Sumone posted on dis 4 year old thread so it came up on my subscribed threads list. It's got Blue at his best. I sure do miss him

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...r-cleaner.html

Welp GTG got a busy day today. Y'all keep smil'in
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:17 AM
CQR

Happy Thursday all.

Scot, Not sure if you know, but they had a 10% limit on Ethanol(altho I think some of it was a little higher) and now they just raised the limit to 15%. So its only gonna get worse. These people who make these regs have no clue. Here in Colorado we have Oxygenated blends of fuel and now we are dealing with "Ozone days" where the want you to fill your car after dark. No one can explain how adding UV rays to HC molecules can make it turn into O3? The way I figure it, ever since they started putting Oxygen molecules into the fuel causes those molecules to release and attach to O2 causing the O3. Here's an idea... Quit making oxygenated fuel!!!.

E85 on the other hand makes really good power but you need so much more if it to get the right ratio. Gas is 14.7:1 and I think E85 is closer to 11:1. So you can run it in your little engines but you will need to rejet to make it operate properly. And yes, you will still have your corrosion issues.

Scot. Looks like there are only a handful of those stations in Colorado, and none are in the to and fro of my local commute.

Allan, I 'preciate the concern, but the missus would rather this 'puter was stored in the dumpster. And besides, I'm positive she knows I meant it for everyone but her and I .

Looks like we get more rain today. Had lots of thunder and lightning last night with the rain. We don't get that very often. I missed most of it since I was inside the bowling alley.

Have a Great Day all!
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Clint the list isn't complete, but from what I understand if you find one locally you can add one to their list from the home page. So keep your eyes peeled for a Pure station.

This should be banned

Old September 27th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's kinda cloudy this morning, a little sun peeking out. Temps in the low 50's now. Supposed to get some rain maybe, later on. Don't know about Bellacino's tonight....

Came in this morning and the place was like an oven! On went my fan. Both Steve and Clay have their heaters on. I have on short sleeves and capris rolled up over my knees. Don't know what they'll do when it gets cold.

Larry turned on the furnace the other night and it didn't light. Doing that same old crap it did last year. The service guy told him it could be the motherboard last year, so he's going to be looking for one of those. My goal over the summer was to save for a furnace...... I got medical bills to pay instead. Maybe I can meet my goal next year. Of course with all the new taxes and hikes that are going to take effect Jan 1st, I'm not gonna hold my breath......

That's an interesting list, Scot! No stations close to me either. I see Ravenna Oil on it, but they're usually higher priced than the Clark station next door to them. Now I know why, lol. Better gas. The price of gas came down here in the Twinsburg area to $3.61. I haven't seen it that low for a couple months. Some places it's still 3.89 and higher.

Another quiet morning in here...... I sure hope we don't get our hours cut again.
It's really slow in the steel market right now.

Well you all have a great day.
Old September 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Thursday everyone.

Scot that's a good list, and there are several places just close enough that it's too far to go to. I want to put 100LL in some of the vehicles. It will make them really fly!

Work was pretty good up until about 6. Then everything seemed to fall apart. Well, the pressure is off, Monday is over.

Clint you hit the nail right on the head. The powers that be have no clue. And they won't ever get one. How many people would say, then just don't elect them. It isn't that easy.

Sandy I thought you were going to stop by Blue's house? Give me the address, I'll go.

Have a great day everyone. Gonna be nice here. And by the way the dogs are today I'll probably see a good deal of it.
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:15 AM

No Pure stations in my neck of the woods for over 40 years! I'll have another look for ethynol free gas, but the last time that I looked in my area, none were to be found.
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Update, just found one that sells the good gas near me, they weren't on the list a couple of months ago!
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Don't mention it....

Mornin', oldsmogang. We got more 100% stations in Ponchatoula than the blended stuff; all the Chevrons and Shells obviously have the 90% gas; but the po-dunk mom & pop dives have the pure stuff. You can't even pay at the pump at most of them; they have pumps like you'd see in the Petroliana section of Hemmings. But it's worth the effort for the cars I don't drive much, and for the small engines.

Bought me a new string trimmer last week; this is about my third since after Katrina; I splurged this time and bought an Echo... the guy said it was good; gotta believe him, right? My last two were Ryobi's and they just didn't hold up.... hopefully my money was well spent this time.

Cow's on the sidelines waiting for the weekend to have her way with the big, flat rock.... Still pretty warm on the rides home; car thermo showed 91 yesterday. Mornings are decent, with most in high 60s around me and 70s over the water and in the city.

Y'all have a great almost-Friday....
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well...... both of my thermometers in here hit 80 degrees about 45 minutes ago!!! I'm dying in here. I keep going out and opening the door and standing there. I can't friggin breathe in here! Brian says "I'm comfortable". He shut off the fan setting on the thermostat yesterday, so nothing is blowing. It's always whatever Brian is comfortable with and the hell with the rest of us. Steve's heater is still crankin. Soon as they go to lunch, the friggin AC is going on until it drops to 72 in here. I can't help it that they are 5 degrees cooler in front then we are in this room. This is not healthy, and it's not even cold outside yet!!!!!!

Had to vent.
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Had to vent.

As it were!

Old September 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Always room for one more

Gee quiet afternoon here. Oh I forgot, normal people work during the day, unlike some of us.

Sandy I wish I had a solution to the crazy boys you work with. Perhaps they need to dress differently. Maybe spritz some funky smelling stuff on their heaters when they aren't there, so it won't be noticed until it heats up.

John I use electric trimmers. I liked the gas trimmer I had before, but it was temperamental. So with the big yards I take care of I just get long extention cords.

Jamesbo did you get your Burb fixed?

Okay Day 2 is upon me. Have a nice evening everyone and a great start to your weekend.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening everyone.
Hiccup - I just hit 'return' and this dang thing posted itself.... So here I am editing...

EDIT: Today was decent temp but windy. Didn't get much work done.
Graeme spent the day at Habitat for Humanity build in St. Albert as part of his classes participation in both architectural and landscape design study. They actually had to work though. With his work boots and hard had, he's pushing 6'6". Skinny though. Good thing we have a freeway close by and the jobsite is only about 12 km away. Have to admit I was pushing the speed limit somewhat to get him to his safety tailgate by 8:15. His time mgmt needs a lot of improvement.

Joanne and I went to Costco and did some shopping. Also stopped in at Princess Auto and Home Depot still looking at monster compressors. I have one tagged with my name, but it's price scares the crap out of me because I still haven't picked up my differential and paid for it yet.
Nicola boom boom had some good news for us tonight. She said to expect some S_ _W or SL_ _T next Tuesday. Daytime highs of only 6 and overnight low of 0. Yeaaaaa! She rocks. I could punch her right in the boom booms.

Tomorrow is another Habitat day for Graeme. Can't believe how much of their work is done on the puter. His math course is all electronic and of course his CAD too. Well, as long as he's enjoying it and doing well, I'm a happy guy. On the way home he actually asked if we could stop and get his hair cut. Looks like a squared away marine now!

Then on the drive home (he drives me around now) he hits me up with " I might take an extra couple years at college to get an upgraded Diploma" Whatever that is. Sounds like a Masters degree or something. Sigh...... I told him he might want to check out the job market first and see how that goes. He's jiggy with that and was thinking the same thing. I'm gonna be broke sooner than I thought.

Last edited by Allan R; September 27th, 2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: STUPID COMPUTER
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts since my last one, but wanted to stop in and say Hi.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hiya Paul! Nice to see you. Lots to catch up on so ya best git at r.
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, It's anutter pretty one dis mawn'in but de weather man be say de ole cow on de flat rock will be ere Monday [Rats NO GOLF]

Mike, ya don't know me very well, but one of my mottos is "Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow." De part is still lay'in [or is it ly'in] on de floor under a few dozen cheese cracker wrapers, empty water bottles, some wet golf socks, a few half finished cross word puzles an assorted crap that I have failed to clean out. In short NOPE, I haven't fixed de Burb.

Ya know me an Tiger Woods have alot in common [besides luv'in white women] Dat slice he hit dur'in the practive round of de Ryder cup dat cold cocked a fan is a shot I've perfected.

Well TGIF Olds friends
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:10 AM
CQR

Happy Friday!

Well, got on here late. Had to get Da Poke Ribs Marinatin' . I've noticed there haven't been many cookin topics lately... wut up???

need to get to it. have a great day.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It was in the 40's here this morning, but some sun. It's nice to see the sun! Supposed to be decent here today and tomorrow, rain Sunday. Got a show tomorrow so I hope it's dry.

You know.... it's amazing how fast the tan fades when there's no more sun. I was looking at the sandal marks on the tops of my feet, (my farmer's tan, lol) and where they were really noticeable a month ago if I had my sandals off, my tan is already fading to where you can hardly see them. It sucks!!!

Heaters are going in here today, my fan has been on since I came in. It's only 76 right now, which is still hot but bearable. I think Brian flipped the fan switch on, on the thermostat.

The owner sent an email to us all today announcing the "service awards" for employees. Several got $500 for 5 years, 10 yrs $750, 15 years $1000, and 20 years $1500. Steve got his 20 years! Next October, I'll have my 5 years in. It's nice that he recognizes the employees like that.

Well I better get something done, so I'll talk to ya later.
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Always room for one more

Morning everybody.

Work was good most of the night, again, and when we finished our plane early we got stuck on a plane that was coming in for dayshift. You know what dayshift does when they finish their planes early? They go home! We will get a plane that's been sitting for hours. They say, oh we didn't have anyone to work it. Well of course not they all went home! Doesn't matter, after tonight I have four days away from that place.

I get extra grumpy when my feet hurt. The boots I was wearing last night are terrible. But they go on fast and I was running a little behind. I'm going to wear my big Redwings tonight for sure. I won't be grumpy because of boots at least. Oh, wait till I get rained on.

Well Jamesbo, it was just a question. I guess you're like most guys. I mean, when a man says he'll do something he'll do it. There's no need to remind him every six months about it.

Hey Paul. Hey Allan. Hey Clint. Hey Sandy. And that's all I got in me. Off to bed.

Happy beginning of the weekend everyone.
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Thanks Mike, I hate to rush into things.

When I went to de stow, I noticed a few more items cover'in up de part. 4 Mickey D's hash brown wrappers, a gallon of Bulleye primer I didn't use a month ago when I painted de den [it's on it's way back to Casa depot any year now. ] a 22 degree rescue club dat I'm gonna give away [I've tried trhow'in it away but it's like a bad penny] and a whole box [8 I think[ of chedar cheese crackers wit peanutbutter. [Red and I get hungry on de road sum times

Most people wipe dar feet on de way out of my truck [burb]

Oh Yeah, HAPPY BERFDAY JOHN
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Friday Everyone!
Another week under your belt - well done!
Last good day for a while up here so I want to get some stuff done.

Jamesbo - I just saw a news article that says the most common age for hoarding is over 50....BTW, nice slice ya got der! I'll stay de heck outta da way. Sounds like de safest place to stand wen golfin witcha is right in de middle of de fairway!

Mike - Hey Mike! Go to bed and get some sleep. Hope you have a nice 4 days off after tonight.

Clint - what time is de grill? I can catch a plane and be there in about 6 hours....You looking for recipes??? Hmmm, I might be able to whomp up a hell a pee nyo one for ya later. But it might give Jim heartburn just reading it..

Paul - hope you guys have a good cruise weekend.

YO! Adrian, Pat, Ken, John, Tony, Tony, Dan, Sandy, Scot, Udo and anyone else I missed!
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM

The one thing wrong with those hell-o-peeno's, is that they make ya pucker on the wrong end.
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM

Yep, Allan You jes stand in de middle of the fairway an you'd be safe as in your mother's arms.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo you my friend are a trip

Happy Friday All

It's my youngest burpday too! She turned 10 today Happy Berfday John

I've been busy this day washing the fleet and loading tools, camping equipment, grill, far wood, coolers (gotta have refreshments after the races ) and a few small items up for sale for the swap meet.

Well now that the fleet is washed, there is a rain cloud above me I hope it don't set in, although there is a 40% chance of rain for tomorrow.

Yall have a great weekend and be safe out there
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM

Scot, I'm try'in to figger out how to get a D-9 inside de Burb to clean out de floors.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Originally Posted by CQR
Here are some pics I promised. We actually have a little orange & red this year in the colors. Usually it's just yellow.

Here in Nova Scotia, we are just starting to get some fall colours. I have to head out for some pictures for Jerry's calendar.

Here is a nice, kind of long, video I made of a recent drive in Millie. It from about a week and a half ago.

I only have, maybe 4-6 weeks of drivable weather until the salt hits the roads. Them the winter projects and WAW's kick in.

Adam
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo jest like Mike comendier it fer a day so he can take it out on the tarmac, open the doors and put in front of big Boeing 777.
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM

Scot, NO I mean CAT D-9
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah I know what a D-9 is I was thinking the suction from the jet engines will clean it out fer ya Although it may pull out more than necessary
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM

I see a new thread in de mak'in.

Wonder if Mike is game?

"How to use Jet wash to clean out a filthy car"
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Weekend everyone.

I think that's a great idea. But it would be better to put he car behind the engine. If it were in front the stuff would go through the engine and that makes for a bad day. Though if the car were behind it you'd have to chain it down. Behind a 777? You wouldn't have any seats.

Rain snuck up on us this afternoon. A few minutes of a nice downpour, and then the sun was out again. It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon. Rats. My plan was to either go to watch Scot race or go to Senoia to their car show/town fest. If it's going to rain I'm not going anywhere. We'll see what the day brings. I'm pretty sure I'll be at work until the bitter end.

So Scot have fun and clean up! at the races tomorrow. Maybe I should pack up the dogs and run the RV.

Okay time for the ride in. Hope everyone has a great weekend.