The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Nassau Cruise coming up

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2019, 07:16 AM

Nassau Cruise coming up

Yup, the wife and I are going on a cruise {first one}.
The ship will dock in Nassau and then move to another island and then back Florida.
Has any one done this and can give me a heads up on things to do and not do?

Thanks in advance
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:22 AM

Which cruise line are you going on? My wife and I just got done with cruise #4 (3 for Carnival, 1 for Disney). We plan on trying Royal Caribbean next. Disney was much better than Carnival, but it's also quite a bit more expensive.
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:42 AM
same but different

1-Make sure your watch is set to ship time and not some other time zone.

2-If they say the ship departs at 5pm. You had better believe it does, as it won't wait for you.

3- Try to have a good time and enjoy your selves.
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:48 AM

the Royal Caribbean Lines (Mariner of the Seas)
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:01 AM

Don is correct about ship's time. You might consider booking a shore excursion. Usually the cruise line website has reviews. Also, if you book a shore excursion through the cruise line you can be sure you won't miss ship's movement. The cruise my wife and I just did had 4 ports of call. We booked 2 shore excursions. We had a blast.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 06:03 AM

My wife and I have now cruised 3 times. We did our honeymoon at Disney World and on a Disney cruise. We have cruised since in Princess, both times to the Caribbean. We have a 10 day cruise booked on Princess sailing from New York City into the deep Caribbean, almost to South America, this fall and another to Alaska next spring.
Suggestions:
Log on the website Cruise Critic. It contains a wealth of information on the ships, the trips, things to do both aboard and off.
Each cruise line caters to it's own kind of clientele. We like Princess because it has no roller coasters, water slides, go karts, etc. As such it tends to not draw a lit of kids which makes it quieter. If you into excitement, there are multiple ships you can go on that offer all kinds of off the wall stuff on a ship

We cruise for relaxation. Our vacation used to be - jump in the car, drive 3 to 4,000 miles in 10 days and come home exhausted. It was great when we were younger because we both love to drive and see the country. Now we go on vacations to RELAX. A cruise ship in the only place I have found that I can totally wind down and forget it all. Everyone waits on you and you just do as much, or as little, as you want. It's not for all but we have found that we love it.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 06:49 AM

We rode the Big Red Boat (goat) when I was a kid to the Bahamas. It's ok. Expect to eat a lot.

The Bahamas are ok. Everyone there is black, heavy, heavy accents, and usually some form of shyster. Nassau is bad, Freeport is not as bad. Anywhere the cruise goes will be heavily touristed and very scammy.