The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Little League World Series

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Oldsdruid

Little League World Series

Anyone else been watching these boys play ball?

Figured the Netherlands/Venezuela game would be a wash for the Netherlands team as Venezuela has been a powerhouse too long. It was a good game...

But it couldn't compare to the Great Lakes vs Mid Atlantic game later! I hated the Pennsylvania boys got blanked out 1-0 esp since they were playing only 30 miles from home, but that was a hell of a ball game. Saw some outstanding baseball from both the Kentucky and Pennsylvania teams.

I've gotten to where I could not care less about watching pro baseball (or pro sports of any description due to the money and egos involved) but I still truly enjoy watching youth league, high school and college baseball games, where they're still pretty much playing for love of the game.
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:39 AM

I'm with ya. De pros are just a bunch of overpaid egos.
Old August 20th, 2011, 05:12 AM

I watch every year and I agree, last night's game between Kentucky and Pennsylvania was outstanding. Pennsylvania had so many chances to score especially late but just couldn't bring the baserunners home. They kept saying 41,000 people in attendance! Was that for real or an exaggeration?
Old August 20th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Oldsdruid

Hard to say 'cause it had gotten dark, but those hills around the stadium were wall to wall people. You can figure 40,000 of them were rooting for Pennsylvania, but it didn't seem to rattle the Kentucky boys that much. That lanky pitcher they had kept PA batters guessing the whole game- they knew what was in his bag of tricks, just couldn't anticipate what he'd use. 12 years old, 6 feet tall with an arm like a rocket launcher, struck out 12 batters and made the only score of the game with a home run in the 1st inning- all the PA outfielder could do was watch the ball go over the fence. That kid'll go places. Unless he completely blows up, look for him in a first-round draft 6 or 8 years from now.

Think it was Ravech said "The Pennsylvania batters are familiar with this field, but they ain't familiar with McLarty!"

You know the PA boys had to be heartbroken, but man, they made it to the Little League World Series. That says it all. To make it that far and play that caliber of a ball game, they're still winners. "Second place is just the first place loser" does not necessarily apply.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:17 PM

I was watching the canadian team play the Saudi team. How come ALL the Saudi team were blonde hair and white skin?