The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I love giving back

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2016, 07:59 PM

I love giving back

I love giving back and feels great doing it.I speak out to kids with disabilities which I have one,an amputee.I lost my left leg below the knee from a shot gun accident by my dad.I was 12 years old when this happened.My dad thought a shot gun was not loaded and was.He had pointed at my left foot pulling the trigger.Doctors tried to save my left leg and could not.Had to amputate it,was mangled up good.I do wear a prosthetic leg now.I learned to forgive my dad knowing it was an accident.These kids I speak out to look up to me learning from me,one is not to give up in life.One 13 year old boy looks up to me,he is paralyzed from the waist down from a car accident a year ago.Learned from me not to give up and he is learning that he still has a great life not looking back.I have my family and husband for support,they are there to watch everytime.
Old December 24th, 2016, 05:20 AM

Thank you for doing this. In a rough part of my life I ended up renting a room in a house owned by a younger man in a wheelchair. The things he taught me made me a better person by making me see my troubles were small in comparison and I had no reason to complain or have pity for myself.
Old December 24th, 2016, 05:53 AM

It taught my dad a lesson too,never assume a gun is loaded.He has seen what I go through every morning putting on my prosthetic leg.Even with me going through the rehab.
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:47 AM

Thank you for doing what you do. Many people don't understand how rewarding giving back can be. I was part of a boys camp for 11 years. It was a boys camp for under privileged and abused boys. Those boys taught me as much or more about myself as I did them.
Old December 24th, 2016, 07:45 AM

That 13 year old and I have a great friendship ever since.His parents say he has a positive attitude now.I have seen what he goes through and have shown him what I go through putting on my prosthetic leg.Before he was in the dumps and did see pro help.Learned he did get approved for a service dog on Monday.It was very hard at first seeing my lower left leg gone recovering in the hospital.I remember the doctor saying they could not save it and had to be amputated checking on me the next day.
Old December 25th, 2016, 07:49 PM

Thank you for helping that 13-year old and all the other children needing help, not everyone is capable of giving that type of assistance. I'm sure they will all be forever grateful for your guidance and support during their difficult times. You must be very strong willed to physically, mentally, and emotionally endure what occurred then and now.