The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

How bad things really are

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM

How bad things really are

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net...ediafinal.html
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:16 AM

time to pack up the u-haul and move to south-west North Dakota I guess.
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM

That sucks, I worry for my kids, what will their future be?
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM

Notable is the lack of dark 10%+ denoted counties around DC, maybe we can do something about that in the vote. The open secret here in north central Ohio is the figures have been well over 10% for some years. We have lost a large number of big three plants and other large industry, with more to close. I note over the years the union halls close before the plants do, they transfer administration of the local to another local, then disappear, like mice. CW
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

I know what you mean Citcapp.... around here, kids are competing with adults for jobs at friggin McDonalds!!
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
GM Enthusiast

That is terrible. Unfortunately, we're bleeding mostly manufacturing jobs and will continue to do so unless our government comes up with some type of pro-american manufacturing policy to help our companies be competitive here.
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Senior Moment Member

No offense intended OLD SKL but government is what got us in this mess. They are not the answer. They need to get out of the way and quit giving our money away to the banksters. Every time I see a politician on TV all I can think of is LIAR! They never really answer a tough question and the moderator lets them get away with it. It really fries me. If we could get a coherent policy from the current occupant that doesn't change every damn day it would be nice! There's my rant.

Last edited by z11375ss; January 30th, 2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by coldwar
Notable is the lack of dark 10%+ denoted counties around DC, maybe we can do something about that in the vote. The open secret here in north central Ohio is the figures have been well over 10% for some years. We have lost a large number of big three plants and other large industry, with more to close. I note over the years the union halls close before the plants do, they transfer administration of the local to another local, then disappear, like mice. CW

They disappear more like rats from a sinking ship.

Open secret.

Nothing new around here but it's getting worse every day.
Every time I go anywhere something else is closed down, go to a restaurant better call ahead because it may be closed, anything really.
There's no more amusement park.
I see the bare, cold, empty skeleton of it's former glory all the time.
The old wooden coaster is still there, creaking and moaning in the cold wind as if to pout of it's own lament... oh brother.

Sandy gave me the sad news that the Big Boys just closed near us.
I want to rope the big guy's statue out front and drag him home, just need a good snowfall to cover the roads for added slide factor.
When I was in high school my buddy lassoed a Chicken Delight plastic chicken figure and ripped it off the roof of a moving Furd Maverick delivery car, found out fast that those things were bolted on.

You have to laugh, they want to see you as miserable as they are all the time and it makes them even more miserable when you aren't.
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I know what you mean Citcapp.... around here, kids are competing with adults for jobs at friggin McDonalds!!
I was laid off my part-time job, in Jan 2009. I still have not found another.
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by z11375ss
No offense intended OLD SKL but government is what got us in this mess. They are not the answer. They need to get out of the way and quit giving our money away to the banksters. Every time I see a politician on TV all I can think of is LIAR! They never really answer a tough question and the moderator lets them get away with it. It really fries me. If we could get a coherent policy from the current occupant that doesn't change every damn day it would be nice! There's my rant.
I miss President Ronald Regan
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:25 AM

Under Reagan, unemployment was higher than it is now, I believe. What's to miss?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Diego
Under Reagan, unemployment was higher than it is now, I believe. What's to miss?
At the end of Carter's term unemployment was double digit, inflation was double digit, mortage rates were 20%, and our military was in shambles.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:10 AM

Interesting topic guys, but lets save it for Intro to Politics 101.