The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Fire resistant Safe - got a deal on one

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2014, 09:41 AM

Fire resistant Safe - got a deal on one

I stopped in at a resale store a while back, noticed a small like 1.5 cu ft home safe... door open. They said they had no combination for it, but would ask the person they got it from. I stopped in again, and again, but kept getting the same story. My locksmith guy said for $10 he would discern the combo from a loose door. I went back the other day, place was closed, so I called a number on the sign- they were hiding in the back and came out and gave me the safe for free!

I got it home, took the door off, one panel inside, and the mechanism was extremely obvious... turn the dials, record the numbers.... voila, now have a very nice dial combo home safe with fire resistant walls. Lubed the mechanism and hinges while in there, of course.

Anyhow the point of this CSB is that it's REALLY easy on a Senty Home Safe to discern the combo, if the door is already open. If not, well, you need a locksmith I guess. Or safecracker thief.