The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Damn rescue animals anyway

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Pearl is coming along well. Still not as social to us as a non puppy mill dog but we are patient. It will be five months tomorrow.

Big progress shown last night. I walk them many times a day to park that is a few blocks away. I am responsible dog owner. I clean up their poop. Last night I had both of them in one hand as I cleaned up. Pearl pulled as I went to separate their leashes. Just like that she was free. I called her but she just turned and looked at me then kept going. We were 8-10 blocks away. In my current state there was no way I could even attempt to run. I figured oh well. Go home get in my car and go look for her. Sky and I came around the corner and she was waiting on the porch. I couldn't believe it. So progress made in my book
Dogs aren't dumb, they know who feeds them and where they live. Here is a photo of my spoiled hairball!
Old December 19th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

Ha ha. I love it. Nice and relaxed.
Old December 19th, 2021, 01:56 PM

Losing my seat happens a lot around here. Get up for a moment, come back and find a dang dog is curled up in what was until moments ago “my” chair. The wife and I swear those critters know about “if you snooze, then you lose”

And here’s a double steal:

Last edited by Fun71; December 19th, 2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old December 19th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Banned

Ha ha ha Fun71. I love it. Love your dogs.

Funny thing is when we first got this husky she would get on the bed couch etc. Now she never gets up on anything.
Old January 1st, 2022, 01:06 PM
Banned

Well it took until the new year but we finally got some snow for her. Man does she love the snow. Still hard to believe this is really our first real snow.

Old January 2nd, 2022, 06:19 AM

My rescue group

This is my rescue group.

All the dogs were our fosters. Lola the cat was a straight out adoption. She’s really fat so my daughter has her on a weight loss plan with the vet.
Quit buying purebred. I am a mutt. Polish mutt. Proud of it.

How do people abuse animals??
Old January 2nd, 2022, 09:44 AM

I am amazed that you got all four to sit for a picture. I have two and it's hard to get them both still enough to snap a pic. I wanted them as the background on my phone, so I had to merge two pics to make one.

Last edited by Fun71; January 2nd, 2022 at 09:49 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
I am amazed that you got all four to sit for a picture. I have two and it's hard to get them both still enough to snap a pic. I wanted them as the background on my phone, so I had to merge two pics to make one.l
treats are a magicaL thing. They will sit for them.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fun71
I am amazed that you got all four to sit for a picture. I have two and it's hard to get them both still enough to snap a pic.
Boy isn't that the truth. Soon as I get the camera/phone out that moment is gone. That's why most of my pictures look so random.

Originally Posted by Frisbee_k9
treats are a magical thing. They will sit for them.
The one thing that I have learned with our new dog Pearl is that she has a crazy sensitive stomach. Dog food only for her. I am going to cut up some steak as treats for her. Sky our other dog? She can eat the plate and no worries. Ha ha.

Cool to see the animal love here. No surprise. Oldsmobile people are good people.

Old January 3rd, 2022, 06:59 AM

Boy isn't that the truth. Soon as I get the camera/phone out that moment is gone. That's why most of my pictures look so random.

The one thing that I have learned with our new dog Pearl is that she has a crazy sensitive stomach. Dog food only for her. I am going to cut up some steak as treats for her. Sky our other dog? She can eat the plate and no worries. Ha ha.

Cool to see the animal love here. No surprise. Oldsmobile people are good people.
we give out dogs a cracker like a soup nut. They are a low cal treat.We also use dog food as the treat. Having a dog with a sensitive tummy sucks. Glad you figured it out quickly.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 09:53 AM
Banned

I love your crew by the way. Great picture. Definitely some love in that house.

Pearl the husky has definitely come to the right house. Super sweet dog. Still getting used to humans but coming along nicely.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 10:58 AM

I love your crew by the way. Great picture. Definitely some love in that house.

Pearl the husky has definitely come to the right house. Super sweet dog. Still getting used to humans but coming along nicely.
our boy Ramsey (all brown dog) is like Pearl. Shy of humans but is opening up to trust.
Old July 29th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Banned

So I thought I would update this thread. We have had Pearl for one year on July 21st. She is adapting so well. Still super strong. Put on a few pounds. She is such a super sweet dog. She had no clue of anything domestic. She is coming around. Still so unreal strong. She has broke one ankle of mine. Heavily sprained the other. Chipped my teeth but. Gotta love her.

This is one of my favorites...

Last edited by no1oldsfan; July 30th, 2022 at 12:11 AM.
Old July 29th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Gotta love rescue animals, I have had 3 I swear they know you saved them and it’s reflected in their love for you !!!
Old July 29th, 2022, 09:14 PM

Mine keeps stealing my seat every time I get up. You’d think she would show a bit more appreciation.

Last edited by Fun71; July 29th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old July 30th, 2022, 12:13 AM
Banned

Ha ha. That is showing appreciation. Thanks for warming up the seat and letting me be in your life Dad 🐕
Old July 30th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by solly
Gotta love rescue animals, I have had 3 I swear they know you saved them and it’s reflected in their love for you !!!
Oh for sure. They know it. They appreciate and love it. Woof. Woof. So do we!!
Old July 30th, 2022, 08:59 AM

I have had 7 dogs over the last 30+ years. The first 3 came from the Humane Society, the last 4 came from Rescue Groups. The current 3 are Belgium Malinois mixes(Belgian Sheperds).Loyal, smart, protective. Couldnt ask for a better trio. 2 are seven years old, and the pup is 10 months old

Old July 30th, 2022, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 70W-32
I have had 7 dogs over the last 30+ years. The first 3 came from the Humane Society, the last 4 came from Rescue Groups. The current 3 are Belgium Malinois mixes(Belgian Sheperds).Loyal, smart, protective. Couldnt ask for a better trio. 2 are seven years old, and the pup is 10 months old
I had a groenendael, a black in colour relative of the malinois. They are too smart at times, but very protective yet gentle dogs. If you have a young family they are amazing with kids.
Your three look like they have a ton of fun together, and probably a bit of mischief as well. Very nice .
Old July 30th, 2022, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by maddoctor
I had a groenendael, a black in colour relative of the malinois. They are too smart at times, but very protective yet gentle dogs. If you have a young family they are amazing with kids.
Your three look like they have a ton of fun together, and probably a bit of mischief as well. Very nice .
Oh,you know it, very mischievous. Our 6 year old loves them.
Old October 19th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Banned

She is slightly happy here.