The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Bored out of my mind

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:22 AM

Bored out of my mind

It's too cold to go out side and work on the Cutlass. I hate that it would be nice to at least do a few things. Good thing I have the CO to talk to my good friends on here. Any body have any good idea's how to pass the time until spring. Maybe I'll take the time to find out how to use photobuck and post some pics. Anyway have a good and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:35 AM

I hear you on this, loud and clear. I've been working on my dd for the past two days, in the cold, fixing a vacuum leak in the dash that causes only the defrost to work. As the expression goes, its for the birds. I certainly wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have to. It'd wait till spring, but its hard to drive to work while I freeze my stones off. Hang in there, lol.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
Registered

It's the dreaded cabin fever.

Pics are always appreciated here, can never go wrong, I prefer Flickr myself.

I now have a heated garage but ran out of stuff to do on the car.
I ended uo putting a factory eight-track and power windows in last time I got bored.

The shift lever operated wiper control is cool??

If you have something you're dreading to do after winter it won't last long enough.
I told somebody here that I would help her paint her engine in the spring.

Thanks and you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:41 AM

Bluevista, do you have the windshield wiper mist option on your Vista Cawooser? I've only seen two of those over the years and figure that is a uncommon option. 1971 only if I understand right.

When the weather is too bad to putter with the cars I enjoy surfing the net learning more about our beloved Oldsmobiles and daydreaming what I'd like to do with the project cars. I think both the stripped down no frills muscle car and the fully loaded comfy cruiser are both fun ways to go. But I have to admit for a daily driver I like the fully loaded with options idea
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:54 AM

The best thing to do now is take pictures and post them, maybe even write up what you did and how you did it. I find myself doing that a lot. I even get so bored that I start reading the service / assembly manual form cover to cover.

Also, this is a GREAT time to plan your projects for when the weather gets nice. What needs to be done with the car? What parts need ordering? Lots of places are running winter sales, so get the parts now to put on in the spring.
No matter the condition of the car, I am sure something at least needs cleaning up or something. I bet your wheel wells are dirty...

Originally Posted by Bluevista
The shift lever operated wiper control is cool??
Yes it is cool - WAY cool! Remember your promise last year of finding me one for my car??
But wait - I still cannot even get mine to squirt...
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:07 AM

Working on the 48, made a promise to myself to have it up and running by summertime. Can't break a promise right. Jezze it's cold out there even with the electric heater. I can just see the dollar bills going out the cracks around the garage door. I'll get all of the sheet metal work done over the holiday I hope.

I make lots of lists, then I make lists of my lists, then I lose them and have to start over
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:13 AM

I make lots of list also and plan where I'm going to plant what in my garden. Usually there is one day in March pretty enought to put out some brocolli, cabbage and some onions.

It's wierd. Often on that one clear day I hear and then see the Canada Geese headed south.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

....I now have a heated garage but ran out of stuff to do on the car.
I ended uo putting a factory eight-track and power windows in last time I got bored.

I would have brought The Prettiest One over and parked her in your garage and you could have stayed busy all winter working on her!! LOL!! I feel bad now, that you'll be bored all winter.

....I told somebody here that I would help her paint her engine in the spring.

Yes... Yes you did!! And beautiful she will be! Just look how pretty the engine is in your Vista... and the Goat.... you do such good work!!!!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Oh man I know how you all feel and more so. I purchsed my car in September and spent the next 3 months getting it road worthy. Just in time to put it away for the winter!!! I DIDN"T EVEN GET TO TAKE IT FOR ONE CRUISE!!!!!!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:56 AM

Some of the guys I know build models Low budget & keeps you busy working on your newest car Basically a frame off build
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
I purchsed my car in September and spent the next 3 months getting it road worthy. Just in time to put it away for the winter!!! I DIDN"T EVEN GET TO TAKE IT FOR ONE CRUISE!!!!!!
Well, now you have another 4 months to get it super-roadworthy.
That kinda happened to me last year - I missed the late fall and early winter cruise time due to interior resto, but I just worked all through the winter and was cruising the whole next season. After Jan, I will continue.
Hopefully the on next clear dry day, you will be driving it!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Its WAY too cold to work in the garage up here and I wouldn't dare take it out on the roads now just due to the amount of salt they put on the roads here.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM

Hang in there people in another week Christmas will be a thing of the past,and the NewYear will be upon us.Before you know it spring will be here.The sun will be shining, the birds will be singing.OH Sorry started to daydream again.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Now I remember why I live in Texas instead of my native northeast!!!! I can drive my cars almost all year round!!!!! We have 3 to 4 weeks of winter here!!! Just not all at once!!