The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Big, fat, nasty sammitches

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by solly
When I lived in Chicago the amount of Greek owned restaurants was huge !! we used to kid that even some of the Chinese joints were owned by Greeks !! could always tell a good Greek joint by the lamb and if they had dandelion soup on the menu.
IMO, the two best Greek restaurants in Chicago (both closed) were The Diana Restaurant and The Parthenon. I can almost taste The Parthenon's flaming saganaki in my mouth right now - Opa!
Old July 11th, 2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
IMO, the two best Greek restaurants in Chicago (both closed) were The Diana Restaurant and The Parthenon. I can almost taste The Parthenon's flaming saganaki in my mouth right now - Opa!
Back a few years ago there was a place called Harrisons in Orland park, not a Greek name but owned by Greeks fantastic place Quality was great and you never left hungry !!! also put out a great spread every Monday night for Monday Night Football great place to have a beer and some appetizers.
One of the part owners was a large gal that lumbered when she walked, I went in with the B.I.L one night and as she was seating us I noticed she was wearing a electric tracking ankle bracelet !! Hmm I wasn't going to ask I'm pretty sure she could kick my *** !! 6 months later the place was closed and boarded up, the B.I.L. found out from a banquet hall owner friend of his who's place was just down the street that she eventually went away
with her brothers for income tax evasion and fraud !! to bad the restaurant was great.