The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

big box BS

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM

big box BS

i need to vent about the "big box" store mentality. i have been wating for parts for a month from a certain "big box" performance store. i feel that i have been given the run around. even if they are being honest, it is only another example of how the "big box" business model has no interest in customer service. they can afford to **** people off because they will make it up in volume. unfortunately the local "mom and pop" shops have been run out of the area long ago by people who cannot afford to shop local. I knew better than to try to save a few bucks. my time and piece of mind are worth more than the little bit of money i saved. Thanks, i'll get off my soapbox.
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by billykissell
i need to vent about the "big box" store mentality. i have been wating for parts for a month from a certain "big box" performance store. i feel that i have been given the run around. even if they are being honest, it is only another example of how the "big box" business model has no interest in customer service. they can afford to **** people off because they will make it up in volume. unfortunately the local "mom and pop" shops have been run out of the area long ago by people who cannot afford to shop local. I knew better than to try to save a few bucks. my time and piece of mind are worth more than the little bit of money i saved. Thanks, i'll get off my soapbox.
I feel ya! Name names man! That is the only power that a consumer has! If they won't give you the service you deserve others should know so they can learn from your experience
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:16 AM

some forums don't allow names. i'll just say it's the red-white-and-blue of wal-parts.
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:26 AM

In general, the bigger the company, the less important the customer to them, the less experienced the staff is, and the more fine print they have, which generally states the customer can get screwed over any time without recourse. I have seen it all over. Worst are the "service only" companies (like tv, phone, etc.) Visit consumerist.com and see yourself.

Only exception I have experienced routinely is Target and Wally's, as long as you do not need any technical help......

Yes, some sort of suggesting name would be good here to help others - spell it backwards if you'd like...
If they charged a credit card and have not shipped parts in a reasonable time and they refuse to do anything, call your card company and dispute the charge. They will do something then...
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:37 AM

it is quite literally "red, white, and blue". i expected better from the Ohio-based company. we'll see if they make it right.
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by billykissell
it is quite literally "red, white, and blue".
Those of us in other parts of the country have quite literally no idea what you're talking about.

I guess it doesn't matter, since I'll never go wherever it is anyway...

- Eric
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM

monster trucks are cool!

Old May 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Oh.

I was thinking of auto parts store chains, like NAPA and Advance, and CarQuest. I would never have gotten that one.

- Eric
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM

it's sad when companies lose their vision. i know the goal is to be successful. success is not only measured in dollars but in satisfied customers as well. they are not the company i remember growing up.
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Wow... I am really sorry to hear you had a problem with those guys. I've ordered a few things from them (nothing huge or really expensive), but I've never had a problem. I'll certainly be a little more careful now that I hear that no everyone has the same experience.
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM

i haven't dealt with them in 20 years. the used be the first and last name in performance. over the last 20 years i have worked on VWs. this is my first experience since the world of the interwebs. back in the day it was easier to drive the 2 hours than to mess with the catalog but the mail in orders were not a problem. it was just faster to drive over. the ball is in their court. i'll let you know what they do.
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Ben

It sucks you are having a problem.

I've never had anything except them bending over backwards for me. Their customer service has always been great for me, inclding several times i've had damaged stuff(wheels), they were always great about the return process.

Hopefuly you can work out a resolution.

Can you be more specific about the problem you are having?
It sounds like you ordered & paid for something thats on backorder- and they are not getting you an acceptable answer about when they can have it to you?

Last edited by RAMBOW; May 5th, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM

Well, after much frustration, i have received my converter. Perhaps i should have given the aforementioned company the benefit of the doubt. they did apologize for the delay and misinformation and offered a complimentary $50 gift card. it doesn't put the weeks back on the calender but i appreciate their appreciation of my business. Well played Summit, thank you.