Im sick of these Big Pro Touring Bully Builders with their big wallets.

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Easy Does It!

Im sick of these Big Pro Touring Bully Builders with their big wallets.

Okay so you guys know that Im looking to build my 70 cutty supreme into a Pro Touring wannabe.I dont have $100k to drop into it,actually I dont even have or would ever drop $10k into a car ,that is just rediculous

I was originally going to consult with you guys first,but i went behind your backs because you talk me out of everything

As you guys now from my previous posts,the suspension on my car recently went out on the hwy and so i decided to replace everything on the car with high end stuff.I found a guy near by getting rid of his cutlass parts like full hotchicks pro-touring suspension except for springs and shocks,but more of that later on. So I just ordered a set of eibach springs to redo the suspension.While Im waiting on the springs

I decided to go ahead and drop in my interior that I was waiting to do since i bought the car.Now i may not be a very good gearhead,but i sure am a damn good fabricator and i nailed the interior including a full custom seat frame rail and installation in a days work or about 6-8 hours

Originally i was only going to do seats but the fact that i wanted to get some kind of cupholders made me get the center console and I think it looks damn great!

So without further adu this is the fruit of my labor.

Picture257.jpg
Picture258.jpg
Picture259-1.jpg

Last edited by Kidcutty; March 6th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM

looks great, change the remaining interior to black and get a sport wheel and your good to go.
Old March 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by stevengerard
looks great, change the remaining interior to black and get a sport wheel and your good to go.
what he said
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:43 PM

It's got a bit of split personality right now, but from humble beginnings.....
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Old(s) Fart

Beautiful! With this kind of work on the interior, you don't want a bogus shotgun scoop anyway.

Keep up the good work. Also, you don't need to ask our permission. What's the console out of?
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:58 PM

x2 about the console it seem to match up in the car car very good. Looks sharp
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Easy Does It!

re

thnks guys,i was just saying about asking permission consolde is out of an infinity m45, i will be looking to see if i can get a black interior with vibrant wood trim to match the center console,dont really want to paint mine.
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Wow. Pretty good for a few hours work.
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM
GM Enthusiast

Very nice so far.
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:09 AM

Lookin' good!
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Easy Does It!

The center console brings something up.I would like to use the shifter that the console came with and i need to know what i would need in order to make my car a floor shifting car besides cutting a hole in the tranny tunnel?
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM
1972 Cutlass 455

Looks good Kidcutty. Question for you. How are those seats you have in there?I have been looking at getting some of those aftermarket seats, something with much better support then my original 1972 seats that are 80% black duct tape. They kill my back if driven more then a half an hour or so. I was looking at those makeshift "musclecar" seats from either Jegs or Summit.
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Easy Does It!

re

Originally Posted by silverriff
Looks good Kidcutty. Question for you. How are those seats you have in there?I have been looking at getting some of those aftermarket seats, something with much better support then my original 1972 seats that are 80% black duct tape. They kill my back if driven more then a half an hour or so. I was looking at those makeshift "musclecar" seats from either Jegs or Summit.
I know that feeling all too well,i had a bench seat reupholstered in tapeas well. The seats i have are much better.They give you great back support and firmness all around.These seats however are not as cushiony as the factory bucket or bench seats because they donot have springs or alot of foam material but they are comfortable enough for everyday use.Mine are leather so that helps alot more.
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:03 PM

You can get aftermarket shifters to install on the floor of your car. They are pretty easy to install. You just install them as per the instructions. Each shifter is purchased with linkage for a given transmission. Oldguy and I put a Hurst shifter on his 69 Delta 88. The only problem was wiring a switch so the back up lights worked properly.
Old March 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Easy Does It!

I have a 350 and 350 trans,do you hae any part numbers to the cheapest kit?
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:08 AM

You can find multiple shifters from suppliers like Summit and Jegs. You have to buy a shifter specifically for your transmission. You also have to know whether or not your shifter is operated by a cable or a rod. Here is a link that might be useful:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/P...yword=shifters