The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Any drone owners on here?

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2023, 09:19 AM
Gearhead

Any drone owners on here?

I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro and owned it for about a year now. I really enjoy it but don't get to use it enough to really master it.

Last edited by oldsrush; November 11th, 2023 at 09:24 AM.
Old November 11th, 2023, 09:57 AM

I have a cheap model, MJX Techinc "X-Series" that I won as a door prize about four years ago. I've only flown it a few times. I'm definitely not a proficient pilot, LOL!

Old November 11th, 2023, 03:45 PM
Gearhead

Originally Posted by BackInTheGame
I have a cheap model, MJX Techinc "X-Series" that I won as a door prize about four years ago. I've only flown it a few times. I'm definitely not a proficient pilot, LOL!
Mine is pretty sophisticated, it has obstacle avoidance front and rear plus down. I can takeoff and fly 5 miles out and hit the return to home button and it will come back on it's own and set down within 5" of where it took off. That impresses me. It also has a controller with it's own screen.
Old November 11th, 2023, 05:59 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - That's a great drone. I've thought about buying a drone, but I doubt I'd ever get anything else done. That model certainly takes excellent video & has some very nice features. I can see you in your driveway operating the controls. Your home & your neighbors built by same contractor? Nice digs. What's in the trailer?

Old November 11th, 2023, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Jim - That's a great drone. I've thought about buying a drone, but I doubt I'd ever get anything else done. That model certainly takes excellent video & has some very nice features. I can see you in your driveway operating the controls. Your home & your neighbors built by same contractor? Nice digs. What's in the trailer?

Probably just a Chevy.
Old November 11th, 2023, 06:45 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
Probably just a Chevy.
Old November 12th, 2023, 07:18 AM
Gearhead

The trailer sits empty when I'm not using it. Don't want someone to steal it and get my one of my cars at the same time. Most of the time it hauls this:

On a 8.61et @ 160mph 1/4 mile pass

On a messed my pants pass at Galot in Dunn-Benson....
Sometimes it hauls this:

As for the house I acted as my own contractor and actually did my own design drawings 17 years ago.
Old November 12th, 2023, 07:19 AM
Gearhead

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
Probably just a Chevy.
It's a Cheby
Old November 12th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Gearhead

And I think the house looks much better now with a dark charcoal roof. Brings out the custom dark brick and mortar.
Old November 12th, 2023, 07:54 AM
Running On Empty

Yes, to the dark charcoal shingles. I haven't been to Dunn-Benson in many years. Earl dropped a couple greenbacks into the facility? I'll bet it's pretty nice. Whiteville has become increasingly more common on my travels the past 20+ years. I don't like the hectic pace of navigating freeways & other roads (#24 comes to mind) heading West from Beaufort, NC so I generally travel #53>#11>74 &/or 76 depending on travel direction. I have an Indian motorcycle and I prefer the leisurely routes. I recognize the need for roads & traveling, but I was disappointed to see removal of the old two-car diesel come-along ferry on #11 across Cape Fear river. Times change, eh.
Old November 12th, 2023, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by oldsrush
It's a Cheby
I knew that and a bad @$$ Cheby @ that.
Old November 12th, 2023, 08:11 AM
Gearhead

Yes, to the dark charcoal shingles. I haven't been to Dunn-Benson in many years. Earl dropped a couple greenbacks into the facility? I'll bet it's pretty nice. Whiteville has become increasingly more common on my travels the past 20+ years. I don't like the hectic pace of navigating freeways & other roads (#24 comes to mind) heading West from Beaufort, NC so I generally travel #53>#11>74 &/or 76 depending on travel direction. I have an Indian motorcycle and I prefer the leisurely routes. I recognize the need for roads & traveling, but I was disappointed to see removal of the old two-car diesel come-along ferry on #11 across Cape Fear river. Times change, eh.
Galot is the nicest 1/8th mile track around and the traction with the cooling and heating coils in the track is unbelievable. I go there some for test and tune but staging lanes are always full. Hard to get many runs in. I have run there some in hard tire races. I can plant 1000+ rwhp on the street tires (275/60R15)
Old November 12th, 2023, 08:21 AM
Gearhead

Just looked at map and you almost live out in the ocean!
Old November 12th, 2023, 08:24 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by oldsrush
Just looked at map and you almost live out in the ocean!
Yep.