The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Alcohol and Smoke

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2009, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by f-85
Im a light guy. Nothing but the best! Miller Light, and Camel light! And some THC from time to time. LOL
One bottle and I'm not feelin right, two and i'm on the floor with a blazing head ache. I swear they put formaldehyde in that stuff or sumthin. One of these days I'm gonna get me some coors, never had it and never cared until I heard this comentator named andrew wilkow talking about it. Don't know about the beer, but the guy has an interesting show.
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:26 AM

Friends

What are friends for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dui.jpg (24.6 KB, 14 views)
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:44 AM

Coors made from rocky mountain p!&s. Used to be good when you could only buy it in Colorado, non-pasturized and had to keep it refrigerated. Use to have one guy take his van and drive from Seattle to State Line in Idaho and buy several cases, pack in ice and bring back all interested parties put money in the kitty to pay for the beer and gas.
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:48 PM

I smoked a Maxx Freak by Alec Bradley this morning. It was a good cigar. I smoked it down to 2.5 inches and took the ring off and tore the wrapper a little bit. I still got another .5 inch out of it before I set it down. Definitely a good hour smoke with friends. This evening I might smoke another since friends are coming over for a BBQ!
Old January 31st, 2009, 02:10 PM

Olds64 Please take the ring off before lighting a cigar. I would think more highly of you.

HTML Code:
and, I like cognac with a smoke. Henessey is good.

Port is the liguor for boys,
Claret for men,
But he who aspirres to be a Hero,
Must drink Brandy [someboy said that, I forget who, could of been Winston Churchill]

Shall we begin a toast threat in here also.

Ok, I'll start

Here's to our wives and lovers,
May they never meet.
Old January 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
2 '66 98's

I do not smoke or imbibe. I smoked a pipe as a late teenager and a few cigs while in the service but quit 1/1/63. I have never had a beer and have had only one cup of coffee in my 70 years. On very rare occasions, I will drink a mixed drink. I very often have lunch with a couple of my friends at a bar and drink diet soda. Kind of weird, huh??
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM

Heres to the man who loves his wife and loves his wife alone, heres to the man who loves another mans wife when he ought to be loving his own. Author unknown. Suspect he was killed by his wife.

Single malt scotch or irish whisky is still my drink of choice straight up, ice is ok but no water. Think I will have one of each now
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:14 PM

try'in to top citcapp toasts

Here's to the girl in the high heel shoes,
She spends your money and drinks your booze,

She's no virgin, but that's no sin
She still has the box her cherry came in.
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:16 PM

Please take the ring off before lighting a cigar. I would think more highly of you.
I am one of those that leaves the ring on while smoking it. I feel that it promotes converstaion and I don't like to remove it before smoking because the glue can cause the wrapper to rip. I will usually remove the ring when the cigar gets to about 2.5 to 3 inches long. I know some people prefer to remove them before smoking but that isn't me.

I ended up smoking a Comacho maduro after dinner. It was a little 4 inch cigar. Man did it have some kick! I can only imagine what the Comacho Triple Maduro must be like.
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:02 AM

Jamesbo...You are a dirty old man.

Olds64...Try a djarum (sp) once, they are clove cigarettes. That's what got me smoking in the first place. If you like something with kick. Just make sure they are fresh. the wrapper will actually have wet spots on it. once they get old and stale its like smoking pig dung or something.
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:02 AM

Chad, I have smoked Djarums before. My friend enjoys them and he has let me try one or two. We get together on Saturday mornings for coffee at the local tobacoo shop. Smoking helps us consider and resolve the worlds most emminent problems (like Monty Python's Life of Brian).
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM

Old February 1st, 2009, 08:38 AM
GM Enthusiast

Right now I only smoke exhaust fumes, and i sure miss the smell of leaded...
x2

I enjoy Yuengling from PA or Amstel light. If I can get to NYC, McSorley's ale house rules!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:37 AM
car nut farmer

An ocassional imported cigar is nice. I like a full bodied cigar.

As far as beer, Boulevard makes a nice porter and stout for a go-to beer. Their seasonal brews are also tastey, St. Patty's day is coming up.

Spaten makes a wonderful Octoberfest beer, it's great on tap.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Cool, my wife is "Black Irish" and the baby of nine.

My wife is the 3rd of 10 LOL... I guess there is no cable tv
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:37 PM

I like a full bodied cigar.
If you like a full bodied cigar try the CAO Mx2, Lx2, or America. They are all bold cigars.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:07 AM
car nut farmer

Originally Posted by Olds64
If you like a full bodied cigar try the CAO Mx2, Lx2, or America. They are all bold cigars.

I like the CAO Brazilia Piranha........yummm. A couple of weeks ago I bought a box of FDA Favoritas and JR Ultimate Principles from JR's. The Principles were on sale. The El Rico Habanos Habano Club are a must try if you like a spicey, heavy smoke yet smooth.

Life is too short not to enjoy a good smoke and a beer.........therapy.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 04:27 AM

Life is too short not to enjoy a good smoke and a beer.........therapy.
I agree 100%. The CAO Brazilias are good cigars as well. My dad (Oldsguy) smokes those every once in awhile.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
car nut farmer

WooHoo! Went to town for parts and found the Boulevard Irish Ale back in stock.
Old February 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM

Kentucky's best smokes and Old Style Light here.... Although Old Style just changed the formula back to the old "Fully Krausened" recipe. It's no longer available in 30 packs I haven't tried it yet because the price seems to have gone up too

Coors and Coors light, Bud light, and PBR are good... Id like to try some of the new old Shlitz!!! The worst beer I drank when I was young was Blatz, we used to get Blatzed

Jim Beam or George Dickle when I wanna get whiskey bent and hell bound
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Past Administrator

Wow! There were about four posts I wanted to reply too so.....I'll try. Let's see.

71rocket, thanks for the heads up, I read your post and bought a sixpack on the way home yesterday, good stuff. Their porter is one of my favorite dark beers, better than their stout in my opinion.

Jesse is right, I like Brazilias a lot, thinking about buying a box.

Chad, I can't stand flavored cigars, hate them as much as I do flavored beer, or coffee, or bacon, or anything else that people add flavors to.

Pat, "Lang may yer lum reek" I learned that one from British sailors while on liberty in Dubai UAE on New Years Eve about sixteen years ago.

bigoldscruiser, not weird at all. We don't need to chose our companions because they are like us or enjoy the same habits we do, it just turns out that way sometimes.

Pat, I have a similar story to your story about the Coors runs. When I was serving in the Navy with P3 aircraft out of California doing deployments to the pacific this used to happen. An aircraft would get an flight to the Phillipines and they would make a run on painted label Sam Miguel beer. Buying and delivering as much as they could get away with. The painted label beer was supposed to be for local use only and not imported and the paper label was for export. The painted label was so much better for the same reasons you gave for the Coors.
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM

I can't stand flavored cigars, hate them as much as I do flavored beer
You said you were going to get some Swisher Sweets for use to smoke when the baby is born...
Old February 5th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Past Administrator

Yeah right!

Any body willing to translate that toast I posted? hint (Scottish).
Old February 5th, 2009, 05:54 AM

wild guess

Long may your rum reek? [or leek?]

By the by,

Have you ever seen Robin Williams do the Scotish "Invention of Golf" It's a hoot. but PG
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQd49rEF_0

Here it is adults only great stuff, and buy the way I golf and this is true for most of us hackers

Last edited by citcapp; February 5th, 2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:11 AM

Thumbs up

classic
Originally Posted by citcapp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQd49rEF_0

Here it is adults only great stuff, and buy the way I golf and this is true for most of us hackers
Old May 29th, 2020, 08:52 AM

I moved the posts to an appropriate thread and closed the SPAM. My favorite cigar now is the San Cristobal XXL Papagayo by Ashton.
Old May 29th, 2020, 09:15 AM

I am not a cigar man, but I will read these with interest. I think the last one I had was a Montecristo in Japan in 14.
Old May 29th, 2020, 09:34 AM

If you smoked a Montecristo in Japan it was probably a Cuban. Montecristo is a brand available in the U.S. but the cigars are from the Dominican Republic.

I got the chance to meet Citcapp (Pat) in WA years ago when I was teaching soldiers at Ft. Lewis. His 57 Super 88 was bad@$$. While I was there I visited Thunderbird Aficionado Cigar Lounge. They were having a cigar event and I won a blue Montecristo hat in a raffle after buying 5 or 10 cigars.
Old May 29th, 2020, 10:58 AM

I moved the posts to an appropriate thread and closed the SPAM. My favorite cigar now is the San Cristobal XXL Papagayo by Ashton.
they look delicious - gonna try them next time! Nicaragua has good product !

Honestly i haven’t tried that many different cigars of different countries but my favorite is still the robusto of Cohiba - not to big and awesome flavors 👌

Are Cuban cigars still difficult to buy in the U.S. ? Or just crazy expensive ?

—-
moe
Old May 29th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Running On Empty

Aside from the HOYO DE MONTERREY (provided to me by my friend George), my fav has become the hand-rolled 'G' (George) from Lebanon. George is a retired Lebanese special forces operator who plays golf daily @ 7:45am (just ahead of my tee-time). I like George. George is a nice person. George places several of his 'G' cigars in my hand weekly - as well as other flavors he may happen to have w/ him. George owns his own cigar store - George's Cigars. Thank You, George.

Old May 29th, 2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by LomitaToHamburg
Are Cuban cigars still difficult to buy in the U.S. ? Or just crazy expensive ?
Moe, the Cubans are still illegal here in the U.S. I smoked Cubans while cruising in the Caribbean and while in Germany. Like Dominican/Honduran/Nicaraguan etc. cigars there are good ones and bad ones. They are so sought after in the U.S. because they are forbidden fruit. The San Cristobal is still my overall favorite, even considering the Cubans I've smoked and the higher end ones I've smoked (Ashton ESG, Fuente God of Fire).
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:01 PM

Moe, the Cubans are still illegal here in the U.S. I smoked Cubans while cruising in the Caribbean and while in Germany. Like Dominican/Honduran/Nicaraguan etc. cigars there are good ones and bad ones. They are so sought after in the U.S. because they are forbidden fruit. The San Cristobal is still my overall favorite, even considering the Cubans I've smoked and the higher end ones I've smoked (Ashton ESG, Fuente God of Fire).
illegal? Wow, some things haven’t changed.
gonna try the san cristobal tomorrow - there’s a walk-in humidor downtown - guess they should have them!

Havana few years ago - even saw some of the first americans(for a long time) arriving via cruise ship

Old May 29th, 2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Aside from the HOYO DE MONTERREY (provided to me by my friend George), my fav has become the hand-rolled 'G' (George) from Lebanon. George is a retired Lebanese special forces operator who plays golf daily @ 7:45am (just ahead of my tee-time). I like George. George is a nice person. George places several of his 'G' cigars in my hand weekly - as well as other flavors he may happen to have w/ him. George owns his own cigar store - George's Cigars. Thank You, George.

looks like a cool place !
Old May 30th, 2020, 08:55 PM

Don't smoke anything, I mean anything at all.... anymore. Asthma.... But I do have a drink quite often... Beer in the summer(Dos Equis) is my favorite today, and I have been known to have a few shots of moonshine and a little of the dog that bites you brandy that is still smoking from the still. Flavor will change from batch to batch depending on quality control and patience of the operator. You gotta taste it to see if it's ready you know. Other than that Black Velvet works just fine and I will drink Scotch if someone else is pouring. Not much of a fan of Irish whisky..... Other than that I'm kinda easy...... Tedd
Old May 31st, 2020, 11:37 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Won't touch tobacco again, ever!. Chest pains 5 years ago threw enough of a scare into me, even though it was a false alarm. But it was like someone had thrown a switch, from rolling my own 20 times a day to full stop.
I rarely touch spirits, but like a drop of Kahlua from time to time, enjoy red wine when my BiL visits.
Beer, Courage London Pride, Northern Lightning (brewed in the Orkney Islands, hard to obtain in England), Theakstons Old Peculier (not a typo) plus many other regional brews. In Belgium I will drink Jupiler in more than medicinal quantities, and I have a fondness for Shiner when I visit Texas.

Roger.
Old May 31st, 2020, 12:08 PM
Bfg

I prefer a bottle of Boonesfarm along with a big fat joint or if its beer, I’ll go with a six pack of Schlitz Malt Liquor.
Old May 31st, 2020, 03:46 PM

Boones Farm was ok, but I preferred Annie Green Springs with my spliff. Absolute no to MD 20/20. (We used to drive two hours to buy Rolling Rock.) lol

Last edited by Bunser; May 31st, 2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old June 1st, 2020, 07:33 PM

Lol, I like beer so much, I built a pub in my basement. We have Boston Lager and Fat Tire on tap right now. Usually we have Boston Lager and Guinness on tap but, the virus has been making it difficult to get kegs out here.

Old June 2nd, 2020, 04:52 AM

Gear head that bar is awesome.

Quick Reply: Alcohol and Smoke