67 Cutlass front turn signals

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2017, 09:21 PM

67 Cutlass front turn signals

I have a 67 Cutlass Supreme that has the split headlights (with turn signal in between). I have the headlight buckets and I am having troubles/ questions on the light bulb socket. Has any one replaced this ? It seems to be pressed in, in some fashion and am looking for ideas on replacing it and who should I buy them from
Old May 20th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by brianbeez67
I have a 67 Cutlass Supreme that has the split headlights (with turn signal in between). I have the headlight buckets and I am having troubles/ questions on the light bulb socket. Has any one replaced this ? It seems to be pressed in, in some fashion and am looking for ideas on replacing it and who should I buy them from
The sockets are swaged into the turn signal housings and are not designed to be replaced by themselves. You would need to cut or machine the old sockets without damaging the housing and then find replacements that could be installed. Some vendors sell generic sockets that attach to a housing with two screws an a gasket.

You might also be able to use one like this, bending the tabs over to secure it and using silicone to seal it.

And finally, you might be able to simply replace the contacts with one of these: