1980 Custom Cruiser NOS trim parts...out there?

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM

1980 Custom Cruiser NOS trim parts...out there?

Hi...
New to this forum and also new at looking for Olds parts.
I'm mostly a Chrysler guy and have been working on them for years, but I've decided to do some detailing on my '80 diesel Custom Cruiser.
I ordered this car in '79, and have stored it for the last ten years. I recently got it out and running, cleaned it up, and now I'm looking to really get it looking good.
Where would be a good place to start looking for some NOS trim items? Looking for head and taillight bezels, grills, emblems...that sort of thing.
Is the stuff really out there somewhere? Is there a GM parts book available that would cover these things so I can get some part numbers?
thanks.....
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by rm23j8g
Hi...
New to this forum and also new at looking for Olds parts.
I'm mostly a Chrysler guy and have been working on them for years, but I've decided to do some detailing on my '80 diesel Custom Cruiser.
I ordered this car in '79, and have stored it for the last ten years. I recently got it out and running, cleaned it up, and now I'm looking to really get it looking good.
Where would be a good place to start looking for some NOS trim items? Looking for head and taillight bezels, grills, emblems...that sort of thing.
Is the stuff really out there somewhere? Is there a GM parts book available that would cover these things so I can get some part numbers?
thanks.....
Parts books show up on Ebay frequently, as do NOS trim parts. Much of the external trim is the same for 1980-1990 Custom Cruisers as well as for 1980-1985 Delta 88 and 1980-1984 Ninety Eight. Some of it is still available from the dealers. Many of the parts will show up as discontinued, but there are a lot still on dealer shelves. I recently got the window belt rubber for the tailgate of my 86 wagon. Again, it was discontinued but there were 200 items in the system.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the info, Joe.
Is there an online part number search to find stuff on the system that I can access...or can only the dealers do it?
I guess the first order of business is to get the parts book so I can have the numbers.
I don't know any of the GM parts guys around here, so I'd feel kinda bad getting them to look up all these numbers for me. Or is that something they're used to doing?
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by rm23j8g
Thanks for the info, Joe.
Is there an online part number search to find stuff on the system that I can access...or can only the dealers do it?
I guess the first order of business is to get the parts book so I can have the numbers.
I don't know any of the GM parts guys around here, so I'd feel kinda bad getting them to look up all these numbers for me. Or is that something they're used to doing?
The parts guys will look items up, but it obviously helps if you're a regular customer. You can also try www.gmpartsdirect.com, but many of the parts you're looking for will show up as discontinued.
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:53 AM

Hi Paul....
That's great......I really appreciate that!
Do you need me to find you the part numbers or will just a description of the part do? I do want to get a parts book at some point so I can make this search easier on everyone....
thanks
Old July 15th, 2007, 08:59 AM

Thanks so much, Paul.....
I'll get my list together and send you a PM....