Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

need to do this temp selling 79 omega

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2015, 06:05 PM

Too bad men aren't a protected demographic, because charging women more for insurance would be illegal, but it's ok to do it to men.
Old January 25th, 2015, 01:00 PM
eds

Sorry I'm not familiar w/ the OP or his relationship w/ this particular vehicle, but how old are you? You're living at home and not working? Are you in school full time?

Talking about "pawning" a 35 yr old car is far from the most important step you should be taking. Either figure out a way to make money near where you live, or move somewhere there are jobs.

Sorry if that sounds unduly harsh. Get your stuff together, and sometime down the line when you can afford it, buy yourself a new hobby car. In the meantime, whatever you were able to make from selling it would help you get on your feet.
Old January 25th, 2015, 01:22 PM
major noob

Nope not harsh something that I know I gotta do and have been trying see if I have to sell the car to get on my feet I'm pulling the engine and tranny cause that was a gift and I'm not getting out of the olds
Old January 25th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by eds
... how old are you?
He's 16, Ed, and he lives in God's Country in western North Carolina.

- Eric
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Justin

Bill, I think if your going to sell you will want to let the drive train go to. Your car value isn't going to be much with out it and to get a running ride for less then what your going to get out of that car I don't think is practical.

Your still young and patients is a key ingredient with this hobby.

Maybe write down pro's and con's and weigh out your options
Sit down with mom/dad and make a game plan to benefit you and your family. My opinion is school is the most important thing at this stage in your life not a job or a car even tho I know you want all
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Administrator

I'd find a way to earn some extra cash and get your car going. Spring is around the corner, just be patient. Your almost there.
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Hookers under Hood

Bill here is some home work, Get a list together of potential work places in your area. Plan a couple days to visit with all of them. Would be great to find a CNC machine shop in your area, they generally look for set-up operators and just operators. You have been working on your engine so you are obviously mechanically inclined. You likely already know how to read a mic, caliper, etc. A CNC shop may be a great place for you.
I'm sure someone close to you or someone here would give you a good reference.
Try to be patient as Eric just mentioned, the winter blues are just about over. You will be springing ahead shortly.

I have no idea what an omega would be worth so.....
Make a list of what your car needs to get it going with an estimated cost, along with tag and 6 months insurance on the road driving it. Post it here.
Stay positive and don't give up...... Put-r-ther
Eric

Last edited by 76olds; January 25th, 2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old January 26th, 2015, 06:56 AM
eds

Aw man - sorry for bringing my "cranky old man" into this. 16 - I had gotten the impression he was older. School and part-time work sound like plenty to think about at that age.

And add me to the geezers who used to bike 90 miles uphill both ways in a blizzard... Seriously, I remember when my CLOSEST summer job was only a 5 mile bike ride away. And don't presume there was ever some magical golden age during which people "had common sense"!

Step number 1 - get a job, Any job. Step #2 - save your meagre paychecks, learn what it means to be an employee, and apply those to get a job you like better. Then repeat about a million times until you die.

Invest $20-30 in a reflective vest, front and rear lights, and start pedaling. And wear a helmet!

Stinks to be 8 miles away from work, but figure out a way to make it work. That's pretty much what the rest of your life is going to be - figuring out ways to make things work.

To your credit, at least you are thinking about what plans you need to make. That step alone puts you ahead of a heck of a lot of your contemporaries.
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:47 AM
major noob

Actually I'm 17 still need to change that I graduated early so I'm trying to find a full time job by my aunts cause my grandma would take me I'm sure but I tell ya even fast food isn't hiring and since I'm not 18 and no job experience really I feel I'm screwed
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:15 AM
eds

Just keep at it. Right now, your #1 job is finding a job. Don't let a day go by without doing SOMETHING aimed at getting a job. Good luck!
Old January 27th, 2015, 09:16 AM
major noob

Yupp I'm doing just that job apps each day
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by billmerbach
Actually I'm 17 still need to change that I graduated early so I'm trying to find a full time job by my aunts cause my grandma would take me I'm sure but I tell ya even fast food isn't hiring and since I'm not 18 and no job experience really I feel I'm screwed
Man i know where you are coming from i lived on my own when i was sixteen! I lied my azz of on my age to get a full time job. Many years later got my GED. I am 58 now but by the records at a chicken plant i am 61 lol.Glad that place is no more. Man keep trying some thing will pop up soon. Good luck.