Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

'67 442 Track-Pak

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Diz

'67 442 Track-Pak

1967 442 black-on-black post coupe built in July 1967. The only options are the close-ratio 4 speed and the 3.90 anti-spin. Factory heater delete. Off-frame restoration - very fine condition. All original dealer Track-Pak components including red fender wells (the fresh air hoses and the positive battery cable have been replaced with reproductions). The left fender well has a small notch for the headers that were once on it, but it's not visible unless you're on your back. All parts have the proper date codes except for the starter which has a late 1967 date code. Pertronix ignition. The original rear axle was replaced many years ago.

Gardner exhaust, R-code wheels (SSI wheels are on the car now), GM spiral shocks, Harrison radiator, factory upholstery materials, etc. There was only about one square inch of rust under the windshield that was repaired during restoration.

Please call Tim at 805-524-3971. I'm asking $45,000. Please don't reply here because I seldom am on this site. Thank you!
Old November 24th, 2014, 07:33 AM

pics?

Originally Posted by Diz
1967 442 black-on-black post coupe built in July 1967. The only options are the close-ratio 4 speed and the 3.90 anti-spin. Factory heater delete. Off-frame restoration - very fine condition. All original dealer Track-Pak components including red fender wells (the fresh air hoses and the positive battery cable have been replaced with reproductions). The left fender well has a small notch for the headers that were once on it, but it's not visible unless you're on your back. All parts have the proper date codes except for the starter which has a late 1967 date code. Pertronix ignition. The original rear axle was replaced many years ago.

Gardner exhaust, R-code wheels (SSI wheels are on the car now), GM spiral shocks, Harrison radiator, factory upholstery materials, etc. There was only about one square inch of rust under the windshield that was repaired during restoration.

Please call Tim at 805-524-3971. I'm asking $45,000. Please don't reply here because I seldom am on this site. Thank you!

Sounds like a wonderful car. Best of luck with the sale. How about posting some pictures?

No such thing as heater delete on a 67 Olds A body. To be heater delete the heater would have to be standard equipment & then omitted. Your car simply never got the heater option. So it is a no heater optioned car not a heater delete car.
Old November 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
No such thing as heater delete on a 67 Olds A body. To be heater delete the heater would have to be standard equipment & then omitted. Your car simply never got the heater option. So it is a no heater optioned car not a heater delete car.
Dave, I think someone spiked your coffee, because I believe you really know better. Heaters *were* standard, and heater delete was option C48 with a $71.50 price deduction.
Old November 24th, 2014, 08:24 AM

There may be some debate on when a heater was standard, versus when a heater was mandatory. I believe heater mandatory was in 1968. Heater as standard, I have no clue.

For what it's worth, the Track Pack did not include red inner fenders. The only cars to get those were w-30s. The track pack was the OAI setup, the battery relocation, and the lifters and cam. Having red inner fenders adds the value of them to the car, but is not original.
Old November 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM

radio vs heater

Originally Posted by wmachine
Dave, I think someone spiked your coffee, because I believe you really know better. Heaters *were* standard, and heater delete was option C48 with a $71.50 price deduction.

Brain freeze. Was thinking about the radio. Thanks for the polite correction.