Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1980 Delta 88 Royale for sale

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM

1980 Delta 88 Royale for sale

Greetings from Pittsburgh PA. I am new to this website and I happened to find it while attempting to help my Father sell his Oldsmobile. Yes, it is my "Father's Oldsmobile" but I was the proud owner of one myself for 21 years.

Anyway, we are selling a 1980 Olds Delta 88 Royale. It has a 350 engine and only has 40,000 miles. Evertyhing is original and mint condition is an understatement. We are seeking $6,000. Mind you that you can eat off of every part of this car including the engine, floor, etc. Dad is the original and only owner. He babies his autos and always has a winter/beater ride so this car never saw a drop of snow. I am so sorry that I only have a b&w photo at this moment but we will be glad to send colored and additional photos to interested parties. I also will attempt to get some uplodaded ASAP. If interested, please call Don Gregory at 412-771-3969 or 412-849-7562.
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Here are some photos

Sorry for the late addition of the photos. Enjoy and let us know if interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Olds1.jpg (54.2 KB, 70 views)
Olds2.jpg (85.2 KB, 73 views)
Olds3.jpg (73.0 KB, 74 views)
Olds4.jpg (29.0 KB, 78 views)
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

I would take the time to take quite a bit more pics ...

Best bet is to host them elsewhere ... since you won't have to limit the size of them.

Then you can just post the thumbnails linking to them.

Sounds like & looks like it's a nice car ... better pics would do it much more justice.

The 350 & not the 307 is a plus.

Did your father special order this car ?.

With the lack of power options ...

The combination of options that it does appear to have (using the limited pics provided) ... are somewhat unusual.

Along with the 350 ... it appears to have the following which were all options :

Deluxe wheel covers - gauge package - lower rocker chrome - trip odometer - tilt wheel & cruise control.

In my experience these are things usually found on more loaded up cars that also tend to have the vinyl top vs more often than not.

What's under the drivers dash area ... alarm system from that era or something else ?.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Originally Posted by ThePackRat
...What's under the drivers dash area ... alarm system from that era or something else ?
Looks like a trailer brake controller to me.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM

I will definitely work on more pictures. I'm dealing with 70 year olds using electronics to take the pictures so bear with me (notice one of the posted pics is upside down).

Dad did in fact special order this car. He got it with a trailer package since he pulled a trailer once or twice a year for the first couple of years that he owned the car. The trailer package included the bigger engine, a heavy duty alt, bigger radiator, special transmission cooling system, and the braking system that you see under the driver side dash. This device allows the driver to hit the brake on the trailer without hitting the brakes on the car.

Not sure if it matters to any interested parties but Dad still has the window sticker and original owners manual from when he purchased this beauty.

PackRat, thanks for your post and suggestions.
Old September 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by dagmgd
Not sure if it matters to any interested parties but Dad still has the window sticker and original owners manual from when he purchased this beauty.
These very much matter! Owner's manuals can be gotten elsewhere, but only this car would have come with the window sticker that was on it. It's a valuable part of the car's history and provenance.
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Window sticker is a major plus.

I'm curious to see it myself.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM

Windo sticker

Sorry for the late reply. Bunch of old folks attempting to do these things and Mom has been laid up from knee surgery.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ws.pdf (68.4 KB, 27 views)
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Hope your mother mend's quickly.

Interesting window sticker in regards to the trailer towing (TT).

No mention of an actual TT package.

Instead ... the few things that one would generally find in a TT package are listed & charged for separately.

Which brings up another interesting thing ...

The 3.08's being a no-charge freebie.

3.08's or 3.23's are what came with a TT car tho.

The 3.08's should provide some more pep vs the standard 2.41's the majority of those cars had.