Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 delta 88 low miles

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

it's all about supply and demand

there are a boatload of these big cars out there for sale.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
"me somebody" site member

Originally Posted by agtw31
it's all about supply and demand

there are a boatload of these big cars out there for sale.
Well, I'm not sure there are THAT many full-size cars for sale in such nice shape as this car is.

Now one thing that there IS a seemingly endless supply of, and VERY little demand for, is your particular brand of drivel.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
Well, I'm not sure there are THAT many full-size cars for sale in such nice shape as this car is.

Now one thing that there IS a seemingly endless supply of, and VERY little demand for, is your particular brand of drivel.

amen. friggin jerk.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
So a nice car is not a nice car, no matter what body it is? Then again I tend toward AACA line of thinking instead of thinking only performance hardtops and convertibles are worth anything and are all that should be saved and appreciated. That mindset is capital BOOLSHAT.

Again, I forget, Oldsmobile didn't build anything but Cutlasses.

And then the people who snap them up cheap immediately try to flip them for real world money, or yank the big block and scrap the rest so a Cutlass can have a 455. See that all the time too.

Disagree. The market is more limited for this car, but I don't buy into this crap of a car should sell cheap just because it's not mainstream. Truth be know I am growing tired of 69-72 Cutlass/442. They are becoming the 57 Chevy and 1st gen Camaro of Oldsworld, and I'm not the only one thinking like that. Sorry, just stating facts.

And I applaud Lisa for pricing it high enough to keep flippers and donks away. If she let it go for $3k or less, the next time you saw it it would be riding 22's with a Reese's Pieces paint job, and a survivor car like this deserves better than that.

And again, it is too close by for comfort.
I speak jive!
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ragtop olds
amen. friggin jerk.
Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick

all i do is state facts

all you seem to do is throw immature insults

who should be taken seriously?

the choice is obvious
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by agtw31
all i do is state facts

all you seem to do is throw immature insults

who should be taken seriously?

the choice is obvious
you wouldn`t know a fact if you fell over one. if there are any facts here , its the one i stated. jerkoff. eat a bullet and do all of us a favor.
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:46 PM
"me somebody" site member

I wouldn't crow over stating the obvious, i.e. that the big cars are not generally as desirable or valuable as the a-body's. Also, doing so in response to someone's attempt to market their car is just bad form; I cannot see the purpose, other than to humiliate someone or otherwise make them feel bad. Surely if there are no offers even remotely close to the asking price, the seller will become aware that they were asking too much without your "help".

I see no harm in people posting to this site for the purpose of commerce, or trying to get the most they can when selling their cars or parts. Some might consider it SPAM, but I for one am glad to have seen the pics of such a clean example as that Delta. The trunk was especially nice, I thought, down to the way the spare was stowed.

I'd love to see some more examples of full-size Oldsmobiles as clean as that one, for sale or otherwise.

Last edited by aliensatemybuick; August 26th, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ragtop olds
you wouldn`t know a fact if you fell over one. if there are any facts here , its the one i stated. jerkoff. eat a bullet and do all of us a favor.
you are just a coward,a little man that likes to talk big behind a keyboard.

what a pathetic person
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Oldsdruid

It's just Andy. He has his opinions and ideas same as we do, even if they don't always please us. Besides, he does do nice valve cover polishing, and there's something to be said for a guy who'll take on crusty old aluminum valve covers and make them beautiful again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKfS3udCCx0
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by 76Supreme455
Glenn, go ahead and buy this car. You know you want it, You know you need it, where else are you going to find one this cool and besides you have a hole in your signature line that needs to filled in with 70 Delta 88! There is too large of a gap between the 69 and the 74!

64 Starfire, 69 Toro, 70 Delta 88, 74 Hurst/Olds, 76 Regency, 78 Custom Cruiser. All OLDS powered.
And a FORD truck to do the nasty work.

Alan, be quiet!
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:42 AM
NôôB

cant we all just get along....

but imho i dont think this is that bad of a price for that low of miles and a survivor like it is. and with that being said i am a HUGE fan of the 69-72 A- Body cars. but for a price of 6.5k its is a nice price. keeps the dealers away from reselling it for too much and might keep the donks away as well (btw i see a nice andes mint done to this car for the brand ). and on another note, its her car and if she wants to sell it for 100k who are we to argue? if you dont want it then dont yap. if i were to sell my hurst i would want way too much for what the market had on the other ones... as usual just me voicing the opinions and throwing in my nickel (too much typing for 2 cents )
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:44 AM
NôôB

and also.... if you look at the "boats/Yachts" for sale for 3k and below there usually in worst condition (esp. the interior) and need a paint job along with not matching numbers motor.
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM

For sale again, I think

Originally Posted by LISACHILDRESS
Runs great. Looks great. Garage kept, 40K original miles. Green, 4 door hard top. 350 rocket engine. Needs nothing except a new owner $6500
I think I have this car! It's for sale again
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:06 AM

nice looking ride.... looks as if it came from my part of the world...
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:24 PM

The Olds Hometown

Stranger,
The car originally came from
Davis Motor Sales,
Shelbyville, Kentucky
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by RogerC
Stranger,
The car originally came from
Davis Motor Sales,
Shelbyville, Kentucky
WOW, that's amazing!! Shelby County is just outside Louisville about 20 miles, and Davis Oldsmobile was an old family owned business for years there... I stopped in there for an AC belt one day on my way from Frankfort, and I remember they had very few cars on the lot, and it reminded me of stepping back into the 60s... (this was in the early 80s)