Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1967 Olds Cutlass AND Parts Car

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2019, 06:54 PM

1967 Olds Cutlass AND Parts Car

For sale: 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hardtop, 2-door, "saffron" yellow, located in Charleston, WV 25314 AND 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass parts car. My father was an avid Oldsmobile enthusiast. He passed away in March 2017. He used it as his "daily driver" until about a year or so before he passed away. He pulled out of the driveway one day, came right back a minute later and said he knew from the sound it was making that there was a problem with a connecting rod. The car has sat ever since then, never moved or started. That is all I know about the car. He bought a "parts car" with a good engine intending to make a swap. However, soon after this happened, his health began to decline and he was never able to get it done. I am not able to open the driver's side door to get a photo of the VIN tag for the parts car and I did not see a body tag on the firewall of the parts car.

I took a lot of photos of both cars. The number of photos I am allowed to post on this site is limited so serious buyers who would like to see more photos can message me. I took photos of all numbers I saw under the hood. Included in the photos I have listed below is the VIN tag on the door jamb on the driver's side and the body tag on the driver's side firewall. If you have other questions please message me. I do have a clear title to this car in my name, proof available upon request.

The interior is in excellent condition with the exception of usual wear and tear. The body has some surface rust from sitting for so long but all body panels appear to be in good shape.

The asking price was determined by other similar cars found online that don't appear to be in as good of condition as this car with asking prices in the $5000 to $6000 range. I am asking $4000 USD or best offer for BOTH cars.

Last edited by Oldslegacy; June 22nd, 2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Price change
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Administrator

You can post around 20 pictures per. Sorry about your dad, good luck.
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
You can post around 20 pictures per. Sorry about your dad, good luck.
Thank you. I read the sticky about posting photos, saw 5MB limit and made sure I was within that but kept getting errors saying I had too many photos every time I tried to preview my ad. So I kept deleting them until it finally accepted the ad. If possible, I would really like to post more photos but not sure how to make it work.
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Try 10 per post within your thread.
Old May 1st, 2019, 06:11 PM

You can certainly reply to the thread with "here are more pics" and put more in.

I've already got my 67, so no need of these, but, should you sell car parts individually from Ed's parts stash on here, I will pay close attention.

The 442 engine I purchased from him and may have the honor of being his last sale sits quietly in my back garage awaiting rebuild.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
You can certainly reply to the thread with "here are more pics" and put more in.

I've already got my 67, so no need of these, but, should you sell car parts individually from Ed's parts stash on here, I will pay close attention.

The 442 engine I purchased from him and may have the honor of being his last sale sits quietly in my back garage awaiting rebuild.
Thank you, that's a good idea on the photos. Dad had a LOT of parts. I have to get some help figuring out what everything is and how to list, ship, etc. Its going to take a while. If there's something specific you're looking for let me know and I'll see if he has it.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 12:42 PM

Good luck with the sale, seems like a fair deal. Sorry for the loss of your Dad.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Good luck with the sale, seems like a fair deal. Sorry for the loss of your Dad.
Thank you.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 08:53 PM

I might have missed it but where are you and is there contact information?

Thanks
Larry
Old May 3rd, 2019, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by lemoldsnut
I might have missed it but where are you and is there contact information?

Thanks
Larry
Hi Larry,
I put it at top of ad, Charleston, WV 25314. I just changed internet providers. My new email is dlskaff@suddenlink.net.
Donna

Last edited by Oldslegacy; May 14th, 2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Email address has changed.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 09:37 AM

Photos of engine

Originally Posted by Oldslegacy
Hi Larry,
I put it at top of ad, Charleston, WV 25314. I just changed internet providers. My new email is dlskaff@suddenlink.net.
Donna
For sale: 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hardtop, 2-door, "saffron" yellow, located in Charleston, WV 25314 AND 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass parts car. My father was an avid Oldsmobile enthusiast. He passed away in March 2017. He used it as his "daily driver" until about a year or so before he passed away. He pulled out of the driveway one day, came right back a minute later and said he knew from the sound it was making that there was a problem with a connecting rod. The car has sat ever since then, never moved or started. That is all I know about the car. He bought a "parts car" with a good engine intending to make a swap. However, soon after this happened, his health began to decline and he was never able to get it done. I am not able to open the driver's side door to get a photo of the VIN tag for the parts car and I did not see a body tag on the firewall of the parts car.

I took a lot of photos of both cars. The number of photos I am allowed to post on this site is limited so serious buyers who would like to see more photos can message me. I took photos of all numbers I saw under the hood. Included in the photos I have listed below is the VIN tag on the door jamb on the driver's side and the body tag on the driver's side firewall. If you have other questions please message me. I do have a clear title to this car in my name, proof available upon request.

The interior is in excellent condition with the exception of usual wear and tear. The body has some surface rust from sitting for so long but all body panels appear to be in good shape.

The asking price was determined by other similar cars found online that don't appear to be in as good of condition as this car with asking prices in the $5000 to $6000 range. I am asking $4000 USD or best offer for BOTH cars.

Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:28 PM

Motor from yellow car

Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:34 PM

Parts car

Parts car front

Parts car passenger side

Parts car front

Parts car driver’s side

Inside parts car

Inside parts car

Parts car rear driver’s side
Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Koda

Do you happen to know if there is any rust issues with the 67?
Old September 3rd, 2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 72cutlass408
Do you happen to know if there is any rust issues with the 67?
There are a couple of areas with some surface rust. Both doors have a little bit of rust at the bottom and there’s some minor spots here and there. I have pictures. I can email them to you if you want.
Old September 21st, 2019, 08:25 PM
Cal
66 442

Still for sale?
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:19 AM

Yes, both cars are still available.
Old October 19th, 2019, 11:40 AM

parts 67 olds cutlass

looking for a rust free trunk lid and rust free passengers front fender
Old October 19th, 2019, 11:51 AM

I have a few trunk lids and a couple of good straight right fenders that just need the lower back patch on the bottom.

Contact me direct lemoldsnut@aol.com
or 541-815-4363
Larry
Old November 11th, 2019, 07:25 AM

Yes, both cars are still available.
Pm sent
Old November 19th, 2019, 08:59 AM

Sold

Both cars have been sold.