Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1965 Jetstar 88 For Sale

Old February 11th, 2019, 09:30 AM

1965 Jetstar 88 For Sale

I am selling my 1965 Jetstar 88 coupe, which I was restoring and turning in to a pro-touring car. I just don't have the time to finish the car, or try and find people to finish it, and I am looking to sell it. There is A LOT of things that have been done to the car, or that I have for the car. I have all the original parts to finish the car as original, and a bunch of aftermarket parts, which I was also going to use to make it pro-tour. The car is in primer gray and ready for paint, so all someone needs to do it pick a color, paint and assemble. Just to let you know, any original parts, like chrome bumpers and stainless trim, have been completely restored. Even the dash was sent to a company in California, where they vacuum-formed new vinyl to it. There were a couple of options, which were not installed on my car, that I found original parts to use. I have a factory clock, and the original clock blank. My car didn't have factory air, so I found an original dash, which had air, and restored it to use with a Vintage Air system I bought. My car didn't have disc brakes, so I bought a kit from Scarebird, which will now give the car disc brakes. All the interior is new and since I was going to install a custom sound system, the entire car had sound deadening installed. I have the original 330 engine and 2-speed tranny. I have a ton of pictures, and I would be happy to discuss all the other things I have, or have done, if someone is interested. I just want to find the car a good home where someone can finish what I started and get her back on the road and to car shows. These are such beautiful cars and you just don't see many, especially the Jetstar. I was going to ask $15K for the car and all original parts/pieces, but I would be happy to discuss all the many other parts (including an air suspension, 454HO crate motor, 700R4 tranny, etc.) I was going to install, if you are interested in that as well. The trunk enclosure I had made, would be great for someone that would like to put a nice audio system in their car and cover all wiring in the trunk. It was custom formed from fiberglass. Also, I have lots of pictures from all stages of the build, till now. Please contact me if you are interested.

Picture of car when I bought it. ALL the chrome (inside and out) has now been repaired and re-plated, and all the stainless has been hand polished.

The car is actually now in primer gray and ready to paint.

Custom fiberglass enclosure I had made. The subwoofer openings were for 10" subwoofers. I was installing a complete, top of the line, Rockford Fosgate system, which I do have.

The 454HO I was going to install with a complete March Pulley System and Holley Street Avenger carb.