could this fit on my 66 442? - ClassicOldsmobile.com


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
alexrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Vienna, Austria
Posts: 83
could this fit on my 66 442?

I was offered a kit to convert the brakes on my stock 1966 442, this is the packing list:
http://postimg.org/image/qptk8gmfp/

​​​​​​​
would it make sense to purchase it and make my car safer (have power drums now)?

thanks for any expert advice, Alex.
alexrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 01:55 PM   #2
Old(s) Fart
 
joe_padavano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrains View Post
I was offered a kit to convert the brakes on my stock 1966 442, this is the packing list:
http://postimg.org/image/qptk8gmfp/

​​​​​​​
would it make sense to purchase it and make my car safer (have power drums now)?

thanks for any expert advice, Alex.
Here's some expert advice. Type ssbc A129-3 into Google. Look at what the applications are. Hint: you won't find Cutlass or even Chevelle on that list.
joe_padavano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Olds Fever
 
CRUZN 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York (Upstate)
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_padavano View Post
Here's some expert advice. Type ssbc A129-3 into Google. Look at what the applications are. Hint: you won't find Cutlass or even Chevelle on that list.
I'm not surprised since that assembly list is dated 8/12/13........
CRUZN 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #4
Old(s) Fart
 
joe_padavano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZN 66 View Post
I'm not surprised since that assembly list is dated 8/12/13........


I don't understand what the date has to do with what the kit fits???
joe_padavano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:54 PM   #5
Olds Fever
 
CRUZN 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York (Upstate)
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrains View Post
I was offered a kit to convert the brakes on my stock 1966 442, this is the packing list:
​would it make sense to purchase it and make my car safer (have power drums now)?
thanks for any expert advice, Alex.
According to SSBC instruction sheet for A129-3, the application is for 65-68 full size Chevrolet: https://static.summitracing.com/glob...A129-2_3_4.pdf

SSBC conversion kit number A123-1 would be required for 64-72 A-Body... Reference instruction sheet: https://static.summitracing.com/glob...-4-5-58-59.pdf
CRUZN 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #6
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
alexrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: near Vienna, Austria
Posts: 83
Thank you, Joe and Cruzn.
And sorry that I didn't use Google myself, but I never heard of SSBC before and thought, this sheet was just an internal picking list of individually ordered items.
Have a good weekend from an ashamed Alex.
alexrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #7
Olds Fever
 
CRUZN 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York (Upstate)
Posts: 2,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrains View Post
Thank you, Joe and Cruzn.
And sorry that I didn't use Google myself, but I never heard of SSBC before and thought, this sheet was just an internal picking list of individually ordered items.
Have a good weekend from an ashamed Alex.
No reason to be ashamed... Questions quite often can help to make you a wiser person in the future...
CRUZN 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone try to fit Vintage Air Gen IV exact fit kit into a 67 Cutlass? tmaleck Other 17 April 25th, 2014 03:38 PM
Could do ith a bit of help re: a 1966 Olds 442 please Chopper 442 17 December 9th, 2008 02:50 PM
could someone use these?? jeffs 89 cutlass salon General Discussion 2 November 13th, 2007 11:52 AM
could someone explain why........ jeffs 89 cutlass salon General Discussion 11 November 5th, 2007 05:48 PM
hey hows it goin is ther anyone in alberta canada that could help me out 69cutlassgirl Cutlass 4 April 25th, 2006 04:50 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 PM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc.