Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Repro door skins

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2018, 01:15 PM

Repro door skins

Who sells the 70-72 repro door skins? The only place I found was TPP and you have to inquire. Is that the only game in town?
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:26 PM

I thought most of the repo houses carry them, Year One, Tamarzs, TPP and OPGI, etc., the problem is,every single vendor has a terrible database of keywords for searching and it is only getting worse. I found skins a couple of months ago at a couple of these places on their website. now all I could find was the lowers at OPGI https://www.opgi.com/cutlass/1970/sh.../door/C220292/. I literally just typed in "1970 442 door skin" and the first result on one of these sites was for bumpers.

Also try Dynacorn - they make most of the sheet metal for most of these places.

Either way I would look for a used door. There are plenty of doors out there, you just have to be patient, as the prices vary greatly. Took me a while to find some at a decent price and then when I did about 3 sets showed up within a couple of weeks all at a fair price.
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:52 AM

Thx, my doors are pretty good besides rust on bottom inside edge, no holes or serious rot but some rust between the skin and door where the the skin is folded over. Unless I can find a rust free pair local and cheap I plan on using these. I was originally thinking about the lower patch to remove small portion of skin at bottom and media blast exposed rust then replace skin and seal up like new. Ive heard less than decent reviews of the patches so thats why Im considering the whole skin or at least inquiring about it to maybe replace whole thing or use a piece but they are expensive to cut off a piece? The doors skins repro cost around $250.00 from what I've seen. Why so much compared to other repro metal? Its not as detailed as a fender. It reminds me of the lower fender patch panels: The older style are pretty lousy compared to the "new tooling" of the new ones. Perhaps someone will re-tool for the lower door patches?
Old December 7th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by stevengerard
Either way I would look for a used door.
^^^THIS! A good used door is a higher quality part anyway.