Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

Reccommended Sheet Metal/Trim Sourcing?

Old April 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Reccommended Sheet Metal/Trim Sourcing?

Does anyone have a recommended source for sheet metal and trim for these cars? The only one I know of is OPGI, and their prices are obscene. Or maybe I've just been spoiled by being able to scoop up the ubiquitous Ford modular and new edge parts lately.

In particular I'm looking for a set of quarters for sheet metal. Mine have been rusted to the point repairing isn't a viable option. I haven't had luck scrounging in the junkyards, and I'd hate to pick up a set only to find it's chinsy and ill-fitting.

The other is trim, especially all the weather stripping around the side windows. The cast chrome trim pieces are also in sad shape.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Gary

I used Tamraz for all my sheet metal and I used Fusicks for the trim and weatherstripping. They both have sheet metal and weather weatherstripping. The Parts Place has all of these as well but some members here have not been to happy with them lately. It is going to also depend on they type of vehicle you have because there are some models where you are going to find it hard finding reproduction parts.
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM

What year/model of car are you working on? There's several members here with good used parts. If you've not created a parts wanted thread yet I'd give that a try. If you do please include your city/state and maybe even country. We've got members from all over the world on here

John
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by gh5168
I used Tamraz for all my sheet metal and I used Fusicks for the trim and weatherstripping. They both have sheet metal and weather weatherstripping. The Parts Place has all of these as well but some members here have not been to happy with them lately. It is going to also depend on they type of vehicle you have because there are some models where you are going to find it hard finding reproduction parts.
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to look into them.

Originally Posted by 2blu442
What year/model of car are you working on? There's several members here with good used parts. If you've not created a parts wanted thread yet I'd give that a try. If you do please include your city/state and maybe even country. We've got members from all over the world on here

John
Almost forgot. Just joined so I didn't update the location and sig yet. FWIW a 1970 Cutlass S and Columbus, IN.

I'll take a look in the classsifieds.