Body work All body work discussion including vinyl tops

1972 Cutlass Dash Rust Trouble

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
Tony , what I've been doing to keep the lower fender cowls somewhat clean is .... unbolt and pull bottom of fender out a little , also unbolt a few of the inner wheel well bolts in the area also , and bend the inner wheel well out slightly to fit an air nozzle in there to blow crap around . There is a hole on the other side to blow it around from that side too . I have a plan during the time I restore my car . OK , maybe we all won't live that long. I'm gonna put a screen to block the big hole where all the nice little leaves and hellicopter thingys go down and get trapped in the lower cowl area of the fender ( bad design ). I was thinking of just glueing the edge of the screen down , but not sure what to use yet.

Cool! That's cool i'll have to check it out tonight, right now I'm actually painting the backside of my new/old hood. Although i'm sure there's compost building up behind my fenders. When i bought my car it was COVERED in crud...

Needless to say, i paid 1000 dollars for my car almost 4 years ago, and i've spent MOST of my time cleaning up parts and putting them back on the car. It's pretty sad actually.